Darnold regressing, throws INT on first play (Frankie Luvu blocks punt, Herndon catches TD. Oh my this MIN-CAR Game!)

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3-6, here we come Panthers!

And I imagine this won't be the last injury CMC deals with this year.  He's just not built to last in this league.  Carolina just needs to convert him to a really expensive slot receiver and be done with it.  He simply can't run between the tackles and expect to stay healthy.

and they just gave him a big contract

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the dumb interceptions are just an integral part of who Sam is as an NFL QB at this point. I don’t see them suddenly going away. I’ll reiterate what I said after the panthers started 3-0 and everyone in the national media was sh*tting on the Jets for dumping him - I’m glad we moved on. 

I will give Sam credit for that last drive - made some really nice throws. 

Btw, the one panther clearly worse than Sam today was Anderson - yikes. 

the Robbie Sam reunion isnt working out to well for Robbie. if i was him a would ask for a trade to Denver. he had 95 catches last year with Teddy. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3-6, here we come Panthers!

And I imagine this won't be the last injury CMC deals with this year.  He's just not built to last in this league.  Carolina just needs to convert him to a really expensive slot receiver and be done with it.  He simply can't run between the tackles and expect to stay healthy.

If they want to keep him healthy, they're going to have to limit him to 10 or so touches a game.  It's a shame and so tempting because he's that electric..

But would rather have him for 10 touches than on IR.

Essentially need to treat him like a young, dominant starting pitcher.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I wonder what in the world Carolina is going to do about the upcoming Darnold contract if he's not clearly good, or bad enough to make a definitive choice. Moving on would be the best thing to do, but that probably gets you fired.

It's definitely one of the weirder ball and chains I've ever seen.

Feels to me like that was an organizational decision.  Give up a 2, pay him for a year but be prepared to move on.

24 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

To be fair, Tannehill was good for a while until Gase got to Miami, and then Gase through him under the bus to save his skin. But, yeah, Tannehill is just better...

Even in 2015 with Gase (before he got hurt), Tabnehill was better than Sam has ever been 

• Upvote 2

That one pathetic Sam hater just can’t let it go. I’d hazzard 30% of his posts somehow involve Darnold. 

I can’t imagine being that obsessed with so much hate over someone who is gone. 

So weird how sad you have to be to spend that much time dumping on an ex-Jet. 

Personally I’m content to keep rooting for Zach to be great. 

• WTF? 1

If anyone watched that game you saw #11 get targeted at least 6 times into the 3rd Qrt and he dropped three.  I think he caught two passes, one being the last CP TD.  Other RB and WR also dropped balls in the hands and the announcer kept repeating how they are dropping balls. Furthermore, the announcer kept stating how the WR were covered and there was NO dump off for the QB to go to...   Or maybe the fact the the OL gives up pressure at a rate of 50% drop backs *that is an accurate state) and in this game it looked a lot like last years Jets OL.... they stink to high heaven. 

Conversely Sam did throw and INT and fumbled when being sacked but didn't he lead a 94 yard drive to tie the game with not one but two 4th down passes?  Just saying, Sam isn't perfect and may never be but he brought the team back against Dallas and again today but lost in OT today...

I'll ask all the SAM haters, WTF has our CS and this team done that is anywhere near what the CP have accomplished with our castoff.  

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Pac said:

No..  i said you guys circle jerking about Darnold sucking when we have the worst qb in the league is bizarre.  Especially since he played fine from the hour I watched.

But you do you.

I didn't see SD on the field after he tied the game? D was awful. These guys are pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He looks like a bottom 10 QB. You can win with him, but Carolina needs to be careful about extending him for big bucks.

Panthers already committed the stupidest unforced contract error that I can remember by picking up that $20M option for 2022. Just inexcusable.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

Tanny didnt struggle. he went to the Pro Bowl in this 1st year in Tenn and only started 10 games.

but i dont think Tanny is so good without Henry. he has lead the league in yards and TDs in Tanneys 1st 2 years and average over 5 ypc each year. with a RB like that i could look good as there QB.

You’re a better NFL QB than Mariota, the highest paid backup in the league last season?

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tannehill's performance his first 3 years in the league is a level Darnold could only dream of.

If Darnold dreamed of being Tannehill the Miami version he would hang himself after waking up and realizing it didn’t really happen.

A virtual lock for the Comeback Player of the Year (I.E. Chad Pennington award)!

Dak or gronk if Dak breaks his leg again before week 13ish

He does just enough to make you believe in him.  Plays well in 4 out of 16 games.  Makes one or two great throws every 20 or so.  Hence why Rhule traded for him.  

But in year 4, obviously you can't bank your hopes on that.  He's a veteran NFL QB now.  He's not a kid.  But you still have defenders treating him like one.

Flashes baby!

8 hours ago, Grandy said:

Yeah he's always been missing consistency. The flashes are great but he's not a rookie anymore, and still has a problem with playing half games. My opinion changes when he has a complete, signature game against a good defense. It'll also be swayed if I see him carry the panthers to victory more often. Be it through elevation, or clutch moments.

The thing that separates Tom Brady from the pack is consistency. 

8 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

Exactly 

Look at how happy the apologists are in here because of one drive....as if it washes away a 3+ years body of work ?‍♂️

When he sucked for 40 games we were told it was too soon to call him a bust but one drive after stinking all game and the victory laps start.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Nothing is Sam's fault today."

Only today?

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ZachEY said:

That’s why I never understood picking up the option.  Why guarantee him 18M next season?  It would only cost another 6-7 to franchise him, no?  Seemed like poor management.

Really dumb. As I said the only way he plays under that option is if he doesn’t deserve it. If he played great they’d extend him in off season anyway. No upside at all. Trading for him, excusable. Picking up the option? Fireable offense.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

Panthers already committed the stupidest unforced contract error that I can remember by picking up that $20M option for 2022. Just inexcusable.

if Sam doesnt get better soon Carolina will be looking for a new GM,HC and OC. they were all in on the trade and then not drafting a QB. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Grandy said:

Darnold really needs to hammer down his TO's, still. All he really had to do this year was be a game manager. Everyone knows he has arm talent, but it's not going to work out if he doesn't fix those bad plays.

Has the most picks+fumbles in the NFL with 12. The guy he replaced has 1. 

14 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

It's who he's been since USC. 

It's embedded in him at this point 

Sam in 2020 with the Jets : 12 games, 11 INTs, 4 fumbles (2 lost)

Sam in 2021 with the Panthers : 6 games, 7 INTs, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

Zach in 2021 with the Jets : 5 games, 9 INTs, 2 fumbles (0 lost)

Granted he's played 1 more game, but he's turning the ball over at a rate very like our own rookie QB ... and Sam is in Year 4.

At least we can hope that Zach will improve ... it looks far more likely that Darnold will not, given his career to date.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Sam in 2020 with the Jets : 12 games, 11 INTs, 4 fumbles (2 lost)

Sam in 2021 with the Panthers : 6 games, 7 INTs, 5 fumbles (2 lost)

Zach in 2021 with the Jets : 5 games, 9 INTs, 2 fumbles (0 lost)

Granted he's played 1 more game, but he's turning the ball over at a rate very like our own rookie QB ... and Sam is in Year 4.

At least we can hope that Zach will improve ... it looks far more likely that Darnold will not, given his career to date.

But how can we evaluate Sam without CMAC??

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cyberjet said:

Jones is Chad Pennington II with a better arm. Perfect for the Patriots. Doesn’t have much more of a ceiling but  will become more skillful in that system. 

Chad Pennington before he destroyed his shoulder was a terrific QB.  If he's Chad Pennington with a slightly better arm pre-shoulder surgery the Pats have a home run.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, jgb said:

But how can we evaluate Sam without CMAC??

30 other teams dont have the 2nd best RB in the NFL or a Henry. 

if he cant win without CMC then he really is garbage. and Chubba hasn't been bad at all. 100 yds last week 61 yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

I think the Pats do have a home run. The guy is smart, learning the system and goes through his progressions on the field. Wilson articulates the defenses and is bright but now needs to translate it to the field. If he can it’s gold.

Yep. And Belichick is actually developing him the right way. LeFleur is auditioning for a future HC gig showing off his complex system that only defenses seem to understand.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

30 other teams dont have the 2nd best RB in the NFL or a Henry. 

if he cant win without CMC then he really is garbage. and Chubba hasn't been bad at all. 100 yds last week 61 yesterday. 

It's impossible to evaluate a QB absent all pro weapons and line. It's also impossible to compare two QBs outside of a controlled laboratory setting.