Darnold regressing, throws INT on first play (Frankie Luvu blocks punt, Herndon catches TD. Oh my this MIN-CAR Game!)

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. 100%

My favorite thing though is how the sports media douchebags were using Darnolds first 2 games to mock the Jets...and have switched to basically completely ignoring and not talking about Darnold now that he's playing exactly like he was in NY, but with a "better organization". ? 

nicolas cage shrug GIF

exactly!!!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Tannehill says hello.

Maybe it takes 2-3 years to get the Gase out of the QB; I seem to remember Tannehill struggled for a bit after Gase too :-)

Tanny didnt struggle. he went to the Pro Bowl in this 1st year in Tenn and only started 10 games.

but i dont think Tanny is so good without Henry. he has lead the league in yards and TDs in Tanneys 1st 2 years and average over 5 ypc each year. with a RB like that i could look good as there QB.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

What if Darnold was the one holding Gase back? 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

i said last year Flacco looked better than Sam. i think we win a few more games if he started all year.

Sam keeps this up he will get another HC fired. OC and GM too. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I feel bad for Sam. Good person and I always liked him. Said all the right things here and handled himself with class. Just not a good NFL QB. Some of us needed to see him continue to play poorly under another coach on a different team with different players to be completely convinced. But that has now happened. 

Actually, I think Sam would be okay on the right team. He is a game manager who needs a good OL and running game. He also needs to be on a team with a great D. The top draft pick status and the Jets killed him. When he doesn't have to carry a team he is probably okay. I also think, the pressure from NY and the multiple coaches did him in.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Actually, I think Sam would be okay on the right team. He is a game manager who needs a good OL and running game. He also needs to be on a team with a great D. The top draft pick status and the Jets killed him. When he doesn't have to carry a team he is probably okay. I also think, the pressure from NY and the multiple coaches did him in.

Wouldn't just about ANY NFL QB be OK with a good OL and running game. Look at Sanchez.

I really like Sam. I defended him vehemently for 2 and a half years but the reality is that is just not very good. He just is what he is. 

• Upvote 4

Sam being terrible in Carolina is good news for the Robbie Andersen cult because #11 is also trash - but is flying under the radar.

I don't know if JD is good at acquiring players - but he is exceptional at trading them away or letting them walk.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wouldn't just about ANY NFL QB be OK with a good OL and running game. Look at Sanchez.

I really like Sam. I defended him vehemently for 2 and a half years but the reality is that is just not very good. He just is what he is. 

Yep - well, any NFL QB?  I was thinking of the Rex run Jets when I wrote it. Hackenberg? LOL - yes. A good kid - sad for him, bu not really our problem anymore.

4 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Where all the “should have kept Darnold, added more draft picks” peeps? 

Just in case y’all forget. This is Year 4 for Darnold.

I was a should have traded the pick and trade Darnold.  Love Zach but our rookie staff is destroying him.  

thats the Sam we know. 

Carolina is screwed. CMC comes back in 3 weeks and they will probably be 3-5. but CMC is so good he can help get them about 6-8 wins. just enough for them not to be able to draft a QB. 

only hope they have is to go hard for Watson, which is great for us otherwise he goes to Miami.

• Sympathy 1