Aaron Rodgers would be a great move in the off-season for so many reasons

Flacco will put great numbers.

Flacco will mentor Zach.       

Flacco will save meathead JD and Tossed Salad jobs.             

Free Flacco!

It is a beautiful poem, dedicated to all neutered, emancipated, SOJF. 

Quit dreaming about Aaron.

We are riding Zachy Sucky for 3 more years. 

Wake up amd smell the coffee.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

This would have been a good move this year.  

Teams can spend money for players, or spend draft picks.  When they do both for a player that can bankrupt a franchise.  

I am having a tough time believing that the Jets/Johnsons are going to put up with the slow cheap build where you keep trading good players for draft picks.   I can really see them pushing the pedal down after this season and try and avoid being terrible again.  Aaron Rodgers could do that, and there is no reason that ZW should not train under/back him up, for what I would say 2 years.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

great in theory, but no way in hell rodgers comes here. hes going to want to play for a contender

Rodgers and most of the NFL can see what's happening here Zach is simply not ready to take the reigns.

This organization needs to step up and make a bold move for once in their damn history. I think with our Defense and a load of draft picks Rodgers can come here and know he can make us an instant winner. It would boost the morale of the team off the charts and we can use what FA money is left to sign a Number 1 WR for him and that would certainly be great with our current cast of Wide outs.

Just Imagine how nuts our stadium would be opening day next year ? Tampa went out and signed Brady and a few high profile FA's and won a damn SB no reason we can't do the same thing while helping our future QB in the process.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, varjet said:

This would have been a good move this year.  

Teams can spend money for players, or spend draft picks.  When they do both for a player that can bankrupt a franchise.  

I am having a tough time believing that the Jets/Johnsons are going to put up with the slow cheap build where you keep trading good players for draft picks.   I can really see them pushing the pedal down after this season and try and avoid being terrible again.  Aaron Rodgers could do that, and there is no reason that ZW should not train under/back him up, for what I would say 2 years.  

Yeah but Rodgers was not a FA this year next year is the best time for GB to trade him or they risk losing him when he voids the last year on his contract and becomes a FA and the Packers can not tag him either. Rodgers and Zach have already started to develop a relationship due to this years training camp and believe me those practices were put in place to give Zach exposure to Rodgers. This move makes sense 

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Why is god's name would Rodgers want to come to the place where careers go to die.

We have this quote floating over our heads because we obviously can not find a competent QB or a QB who is ready to step in and win. Rodgers fixes that. This team is not devoid of talent it needs a QB. 

Just now, Smashmouth said:

We have this quote floating over our heads because we obviously can not find a competent QB or a QB who is ready to step in and win. Rodgers fixes that. This team is not devoid of talent it needs a QB. 

We beat Carolina, Atlanta and New England 1 with Rodgers this season that’s just facts.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

great in theory, but no way in hell rodgers comes here. hes going to want to play for a contender

not if he lets "his" Johnson lead him.

he is dating an actress right now. seams like he always does. they might want him to live closer to NY. for all i know she probably lives here now.

didnt Deckers wife make him come here cause she was famous too and wanted to be close to NY.?

we have enough weapons on offense for him. our defense is an open book. but we have alot of draft picks to fix that.

we should think out of the box since i just read that Watson to Miami is done. the deal is in place.i think it said 3 #1s to Houston.

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

“ uhhhh, errrrr, great move for who?”

-A. Rod

Honestly why are you laughing ? Did you laugh at Tampa last year ? This could easily be that same situation. This is not as bad a football team as many might think we have had Horrible QB play and its affected the entire Team not only the offense but the Defense and the coaching staff as well. We have rookies at every level of this organization Rodgers easily stabilizes that. he already likes Zach and stated as much and we do have a connection with the GB coaching staff so if GB truly wants to move on from Aaron and start another chapter this is the perfect way to do it and pick up some draft picks in the process.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Are you high?

We are the worst franchise in all of professional sports.  No one good is going to come here.  Joe Douglas made us an expansion team and that's all we are.  We will have to dig ourselves out of this hole strictly through the draft.

It's why I'm giving strong consideration to giving up my season tickets.

SAR I

100% wrong Sar this team needs a QB and stability, we have plenty of Talent a load of money and a load of draft picks.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Zach could learn how to piss all over Lefleur, Saleh and JD in his press confrences.  I would be good for Zach to learn that he doesn't have to be a good soldier to be the team leader. 

Yeah he can do that after a HOF career and ten + years of elite QB play.

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I love how a fan base that hates the idea to bring in a Minshew or a Trubisky because it would represent "too much pressure" on Zach Wilson believe that bringing in a top 5 HOF caliber QB is a good idea.

Sorry but Zach does not run this organization and its Obvious he needs some time. Zach's first contract 5 years is not changing and if he proves he can step in when Aaron is done (which he will have the one year to do so) he can still get a really nice second contract . This benefits Zach and honestly I don't think he would be that against the idea rather than getting thrown to the wolves again next year.

Zach wants to learn and this is the best way to do it or we just keep being the ******* Jets

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Are you high?

We are the worst franchise in all of professional sports.  No one good is going to come here.  Joe Douglas made us an expansion team and that's all we are.  We will have to dig ourselves out of this hole strictly through the draft.

It's why I'm giving strong consideration to giving up my season tickets.

SAR I

You seem like a smart guy, but I hope for your sake you don't manage your own money. According to Forbes, a pretty reputable company, the Jets are the 17th most valuable sports franchise in the world. You may want to rethink this.

• Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

100% wrong Sar this team needs a QB and stability, we have plenty of Talent a load of money and a load of draft picks.

Sorry, Smash, but that's wishful thinking.

It's not just a quarterback problem.  Joe Douglas tore us down to nothing, collected draft capital, compiled cap dollars, promised that he's turn us into champions, and has completely blown it all.  Two consecutive awful drafts, two consecutive awful free agency periods, we are an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.

If out of 22 starters you need, what, 10 that are in the 'very good to exceptional' category in order to consistently make the playoffs, I count 0 on the roster currently. 

A team like the Cowboys are acclaimed as to have nailed the last 4 drafts and are a team that FA's want to play for and have a franchise quarterback and they have won 1 division title and 1 playoff game in the last 6 years.  And they didn't start at ground zero like we are.  They were already a .500 team before they started hitting draft home runs.

We are dead.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He'll do this but in Chicago to stick it to the Packers. 

He can't go to Chicago next year Jif. I do not think GB would want him anywhere near the NFC. GB has one more year to trade him and that's next year after that Rodgers voids his contract can not be tagged and becomes 100 % FA from what I have read. I really feel strongly this would be the perfect move for everyone involved. 

9 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Obviously we are so tired and angry that we can't sense sarcasm. For fug sakes!

BTW, Rodgers will never come to this craphole, waste.

Sarcasm?! My bad. Those were actual thoughts I had before I looked up stats. 

Flacco started for us last year when we were 0-4.  He got us to 0-6. Took two weeks off, then started two more weeks and gave the reigns back to Darnold at 0-10. 

In 4 games he threw for over 800 yards, 6 TDs/3 INTs, with a completion rate of 55%. 

JD didn’t bring him in to win games, he brought in a system guy who will help us secure a good draft pick. 

1) Aaron Rodgers is under contract next year, and the following year (when he will be 40) - so you aren't just signing him - you're giving up legit draft capital in this years class (so say goodbye to our two firsts + more) 

2) Rodgers is going to want an extension/more money - he "only" makes $25mm per year which is paltry for what the top QBs make now ($40mm) 

3) Rodgers will not want to come to a team far away from contending 

4) I'd have been bummed - but would have no issue with Zach sitting for a year - sitting him for two you start losing the benefits of the rookie contract - sitting him for four is just insane

5) Similar to four - I don't think its bad to eat a year of the rookie contract - but to have a guy not play for four years has to be bad for his development. Yes you can point to Rodgers - but even he only sat three years and those were extreme circumstances given who Favre was. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think with our Defense and a load of draft picks Rodgers can come here and know he can make us an instant winner.

Whut?

I hate to break it to you.... but our defense ******* blows in all aspects. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, Smash, but that's wishful thinking.

It's not just a quarterback problem.  Joe Douglas tore us down to nothing, collected draft capital, compiled cap dollars, promised that he's turn us into champions, and has completely blown it all.  Two consecutive awful drafts, two consecutive awful free agency periods, we are an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.

If out of 22 starters you need, what, 10 that are in the 'very good to exceptional' category in order to consistently make the playoffs, I count 0 on the roster currently. 

A team like the Cowboys are acclaimed as to have nailed the last 4 drafts and are a team that FA's want to play for and have a franchise quarterback and they have won 1 division title and 1 playoff game in the last 6 years.  And they didn't start at ground zero like we are.  They were already a .500 team before they started hitting draft home runs.

We are dead.

SAR I

Okay so the OL is starting to Gel .... We have 2 very good bookends both playing great in Fant and Moses with an up and coming LG and other pieces of which there are 2 can easily be filled via FA or the draft (RG C) We have a competent group of WR's who I think are suffering the effects of bad QB play. Its feasible we can add a number 1 WR along with Rodgers with the money we have available and a stud RB via the draft. 

On defense we have Quinnen Williams, Franklyn Myers, CJ Mosley, Quincy Williams Emerging, A stacked DL with tons of depth and Carl Lawson coming back. Our young secondary looks the part and under the circumstances have done pretty well even with being on the field for a ridiculous amount of time. We played this week with zero starting LB's ZERO. This defense looked very good and were doing everything they could even with all the three and outs and being on the field for 90 of the first half in the first 4 games. That all goes away with Rodgers gaining us some much needed sustained drives and points.

We have good special teams 

This team is far from not having talent we just hit a really bad time with injuries and really bad QB play and that's never a good mix.

Tampa Bay was 5-11 and then 7-9 before they signed Brady and a boat load of FA's what happened then ?

We have the players we need a few holes filled and a really good QB 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The folks suggesting this are the same folks who were suggesting we sign Usain Bolt for short money.

A guy worth $90 million.

You know, because we're the Jets.  

Oooof.

Don't be so damn short sighted if any team in this damn league desparately needs to make a big splash its the god damn Jets.

Comparing Usain Bolt to what I'm proposing is totally ridiculous