Aaron Rodgers would be a great move in the off-season for so many reasons

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

That's funny.  Pretty sure the OP has that covered.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Holy mother of god....if you can't understand that Aaron Rogers is NEVER coming here then....well, nevermind.

Don Quixote tilting at windmills.

You Did read it was a hypothetical for discussion right ?

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well then he'll be another short lived GM ...I think its painfully obvious most of this teams issues point directly to the QB position. I agree with you though and you are probably 100% correct we wont trade for Rodgers Obviously I was going for the hypothetical here but if Zach can't get it going and just keeps falling flat when he returns OR if Mike White Actually does a better job managing this team, and when I say manage I really mean manage cause he not gonna be flashy or exhibit a rocket arm. In that situation Rodgers would be the perfect situation especially for Zach. How long Did Rodgers sit behind Favre ? 4 years ? Why not the God damn Jets :)

Ha! You think this EGO driven coaching staff wants a HOF QB coming here and telling them, us and the world how much they blow?

keep dreaming

??

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I agree, the biggest issue is QB but the more likely approach would be a veteran FA; Winston, Tannehill, Bridgewater, etc. and I doubt he does that because apparently Wilson is fragile and cant handle pressure and needed him to be unavailable before bringing in a vet.

They're not trading for Rodgers.  Not a chance.

Agreed.  You can not go into next season without another viable QB on the roster.  They can even go in and declare Zach QB1 on day 1 of camp, no open competition.  But there needs to be an option if Zach doesn’t perform, he has to know that bad play will have consequences.   You can’t ignore the development of the rest of your roster just because you are trying to develop a young QB.  This is the cycle that the Jets have fallen into.  Nothing around the QB gets better so when it’s time to bring in another young QB it’s the same s**t show as before.  They can’t allow another 3 years of bad Qb play derail the rest of the roster and keep pissing away season after season.  

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  You can not go into next season without another viable QB on the roster.  They can even go in and declare Zach QB1 on day 1 of camp, no open competition.  But there needs to be an option if Zach doesn’t perform, he has to know that bad play will have consequences.   You can’t ignore the development of the rest of your roster just because you are trying to develop a young QB.  This is the cycle that the Jets have fallen into.  Nothing around the QB gets better so when it’s time to bring in another young QB it’s the same s**t show as before.  They can’t allow another 3 years of bad Qb play derail the rest of the roster and keep pissing away season after season.  

I'm 100% confident, without a shadow of a doubt, they treat the QB position the same exact way...that's how little confidence I have now in this regime. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Lets say we can land a guy like Aaron Rodgers who obviously keeps himself in great shape and sign him to a 3 year deal and let Zach study under him. In that 3 years Zach would get the best QB knowledge available and be ready to go at 25 years old . Would that be such a bad situation ? Honestly in that situation with a healthy defense we instantly become a playoff team and Zach will be taking over what would probably be a successful offense when Aaron is done.

If Zach can't produce after that (the year Rodgers retires) then we take a QB in the next draft and its probably back to square 1 but it will give this organization some stability with a sure thing at QB and a better way to evaluate what the hell is going on rather than constantly blaming everything on the coaches WR's OL .... This would give the Jets instant credibility, show that its probably been bad QB's all along, and give Zach the time to slowly develop as the back up to Rodgers.

Also keep in mind Rodgers currently runs the same offense we do. I think its time for this franchise to get some stability and a sure thing at QB rather than constantly swinging and missing at the QB position with no ability to evaluate. I'm not saying Zach is a bust by any means I'm just saying he needs some time and getting Rodgers who basically has the same skill set (mobility in the pocket and a strong arm capable of throwing at any angle and on the run) 

I think this would be the best situation for everyone ...Rodgers, Wilson, The coaches and the organization as a whole.

Hey Aaron any chance you would play for the Jets?  “Umm yeah I’d play for the Bears first.”

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well clearly you have not read this thread and clearly you have no clue as to why NE just dropped 50 on us ..... Do you pay attention as to who is actually on the football field ? Do you realize all our LB's were hurt and we were fielding DB's at the LB positions ?  Jesus Christ with this fan base

Again, yes I watched the games, but the difference is I'm not delusional. 

This is professional football. Even the backups of backups should be able to prevent 54 points getting dropped on them. Do you have any idea how rare it is to get that many points dropped on an NFL team?

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Hey Aaron any chance you would play for the Jets?  “Umm yeah I’d play for the Bears first.”

Okay let me put this to bed ONCE AGAIN 

The Green bay Packers own the rights to Aaron Rodgers next year. That being said its even more ridiculous to think the Packers would somehow trade their HOF QB to the Bears which just so happens is one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports. The ONLY possible way Aaron Rodgers can go to the bears is in 2023 after voiding the last year on his contractand unfortunately Aaron is running out of years. 

WITH THIS BEING SAID 

The only way the Green Bay Packers are trading Aaron Rodgers next year is to a team in the AFC .

Now start to narrow down teams in the AFC without a young competent QB then also eliminate the teams who might show interest in Watson. Contrary to what most of you believe the Jets are not a team without talent they are a team without a viable option at QB and they have a young QB who really needs to learn under a real NFL starting QB like an Aaron Rodgers.

While the Jets are playing really bad and dealing with a very sad amount of injuries they are losing more to the fact they don't have said QB and are completely decimated with Injuries at the present time. ALL not one but ALL of our starting LB's are currently hurt Including the players backing them up. That's not even including the guys that got hurt before the season started.

2 things keep Rodgers from coming here 

1. Its not in Joe Douglas' current rebuilding philosophy .... Which very well may change at the end of this season

2. Aaron may just not want to come here. 

But both of these scenarios are not set in stone. 

When it comes to Rodgers choices if a trade is inevitable he's going to look at the possible teams to be traded to and look at their WR Situation their Offensive line Situation and ask himself if he can transform that team into a winner simply by being who he is a HOF QB. Green bay as I stated is NOT LETTING HIM GO TO A DIVISON RIVAL RO AN NFC TEAM.

What do the Jets look like to him .... They have capable WR's who on film seem to be getting open but simply missed by our young QB. Think Rodgers is going to miss those open guys ? The Offensive line is starting to Gel which I pointed out earlier in the year would probably take half the season and it did but they are playing well . Does Rodgers think he can win with this group ? of course he does he would not be the great QB he is if he were not an ego maniac. 

When it comes to the Jets Defense The obvious issue right now is the worst injury situation I have ever seen an NFL team deal with. At some point this has to let up. 

If you narrow down the teams who need a QB for two years or possibly 3 its a small window and the Jets are in that window. 

If Rodgers looks at this team and thinks he can make a difference and maybe likes the situation he saw when they practiced in training camp VS the Jets what better place than the Jets to step in and be the hero ? With the cap space we have and the draft picks we have it would have to come down to Aaron Rodgers having a discussion with Joe Douglas to see what the future holds. 

Whi9le this is a long shot for a few reasons ...its also a possibility based on what Rodgers is thinking and we honestly don't know that but we do know Green Bay Must trade him next year if they can't extend him or lose the chance to gain some draft picks when Rodgers voids his last year.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Again, yes I watched the games, but the difference is I'm not delusional. 

This is professional football. Even the backups of backups should be able to prevent 54 points getting dropped on them. Do you have any idea how rare it is to get that many points dropped on an NFL team?

So in the beginning of the season you must have missed the Jets defense stopping teams over and over after 3 and outs and turnovers in the first half of games keeping us in said games until getting totally gassed in the second half until the offense started to actually get a god damn first down mid way through quarter 3 ?

You think a defense being on the field for what amounts to an entire half and holding most of those teams in check for said first halves wont take a toll ? Are you really saying this defense would not have been worlds better if the Offense could have squeaked out a first down or 2 ?

If you are really going in this direction you really do not understand how football works especially when our defense has to pick up the slack for an offense as historically bad as we are which points at how terrible our Young QB is actually playing

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Okay let me put this to bed ONCE AGAIN 

The Green bay Packers own the rights to Aaron Rodgers next year. That being said its even more ridiculous to think the Packers would somehow trade their HOF QB to the Bears which just so happens is one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports. The ONLY possible way Aaron Rodgers can go to the bears is in 2023 after voiding the last year on his contractand unfortunately Aaron is running out of years. 

WITH THIS BEING SAID 

The only way the Green Bay Packers are trading Aaron Rodgers next year is to a team in the AFC .

Now start to narrow down teams in the AFC without a young competent QB then also eliminate the teams who might show interest in Watson. Contrary to what most of you believe the Jets are not a team without talent they are a team without a viable option at QB and they have a young QB who really needs to learn under a real NFL starting QB like an Aaron Rodgers.

While the Jets are playing really bad and dealing with a very sad amount of injuries they are losing more to the fact they don't have said QB and are completely decimated with Injuries at the present time. ALL not one but ALL of our starting LB's are currently hurt Including the players backing them up. That's not even including the guys that got hurt before the season started.

2 things keep Rodgers from coming here 

1. Its not in Joe Douglas' current rebuilding philosophy .... Which very well may change at the end of this season

2. Aaron may just not want to come here. 

But both of these scenarios are not set in stone. 

When it comes to Rodgers choices if a trade is inevitable he's going to look at the possible teams to be traded to and look at their WR Situation their Offensive line Situation and ask himself if he can transform that team into a winner simply by being who he is a HOF QB. Green bay as I stated is NOT LETTING HIM GO TO A DIVISON RIVAL RO AN NFC TEAM.

What do the Jets look like to him .... They have capable WR's who on film seem to be getting open but simply missed by our young QB. Think Rodgers is going to miss those open guys ? The Offensive line is starting to Gel which I pointed out earlier in the year would probably take half the season and it did but they are playing well . Does Rodgers think he can win with this group ? of course he does he would not be the great QB he is if he were not an ego maniac. 

When it comes to the Jets Defense The obvious issue right now is the worst injury situation I have ever seen an NFL team deal with. At some point this has to let up. 

If you narrow down the teams who need a QB for two years or possibly 3 its a small window and the Jets are in that window. 

If Rodgers looks at this team and thinks he can make a difference and maybe likes the situation he saw when they practiced in training camp VS the Jets what better place than the Jets to step in and be the hero ? With the cap space we have and the draft picks we have it would have to come down to Aaron Rodgers having a discussion with Joe Douglas to see what the future holds. 

Whi9le this is a long shot for a few reasons ...its also a possibility based on what Rodgers is thinking and we honestly don't know that but we do know Green Bay Must trade him next year if they can't extend him or lose the chance to gain some draft picks when Rodgers voids his last year.

Hey bud do yourself a favor and spend all this brain energy on something that doesn’t have a zero zero zero 0000000000000000% chance of happening.  

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

So in the beginning of the season you must have missed the Jets defense stopping teams over and over after 3 and outs and turnovers in the first half of games keeping us in said games until getting totally gassed in the second half until the offense started to actually get a god damn first down mid way through quarter 3 ?

You think a defense being on the field for what amounts to an entire half and holding most of those teams in check for said first halves wont take a toll ? Are you really saying this defense would not have been worlds better if the Offense could have squeaked out a first down or 2 ?

If you are really going in this direction you really do not understand how football works especially when our defense has to pick up the slack for an offense as historically bad as we are which points at how terrible our Young QB is actually playing

Ifs and buts. That's all your argument is. 

You are what you are and the results say what you are. 

A bad team. Both offense and defense. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Honestly why are you laughing ? Did you laugh at Tampa last year ? This could easily be that same situation. This is not as bad a football team as many might think we have had Horrible QB play and its affected the entire Team not only the offense but the Defense and the coaching staff as well. We have rookies at every level of this organization Rodgers easily stabilizes that. he already likes Zach and stated as much and we do have a connection with the GB coaching staff so if GB truly wants to move on from Aaron and start another chapter this is the perfect way to do it and pick up some draft picks in the process.

Oh dude I'd take my fat ass and peddle him here from Green Bay if agreed to come here. I love this idea and would be 1000% on board. I agree all you say about it and it would be the best thing we've done in like, errrr, uhhhh, forever!

But, No matter what you say, what you want and whatever hypothesis is swirling around in your head there is no way Aaron Rodgers comes here. Dude literally wants to leave Green Bay because he saw what Brady did in Tampa and Green Bay has a better roster and much better coaching than we do and its not close.  Aaron Rodgers would rather retire and sweep floors at All State than play here. But yeah, A Smashmouth can dream!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, Smash, but that's wishful thinking.

It's not just a quarterback problem.  Joe Douglas tore us down to nothing, collected draft capital, compiled cap dollars, promised that he's turn us into champions, and has completely blown it all.  Two consecutive awful drafts, two consecutive awful free agency periods, we are an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft.

If out of 22 starters you need, what, 10 that are in the 'very good to exceptional' category in order to consistently make the playoffs, I count 0 on the roster currently. 

A team like the Cowboys are acclaimed as to have nailed the last 4 drafts and are a team that FA's want to play for and have a franchise quarterback and they have won 1 division title and 1 playoff game in the last 6 years.  And they didn't start at ground zero like we are.  They were already a .500 team before they started hitting draft home runs.

We are dead.

SAR I

This is mostly correct.

The only thing that's going to save this team is Zach Wilson.  If Zach doesn't pan out it's a sh*t show for at least another 3 years and another rebuild. 

There's no miracle QB that's going to come here and save things - it's ZW or bust. 

You guys might not like him, might not like that, you might not like me for saying it - but it the 100% reality of the situation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green hat said:

Rodgers wants to leave because GB drafted his successor. 

You think he wants to go to another team that already has his successor? 

Rodgers felt he had 3 or 4 years left so yes I understand why he was pissed at them not drafting some more offensive weapons to win now rather than his successor. If and I know its a big if , he comes here he would know the situation . I'm not thinking Rodgers wants to play till he's 50 like brady.

56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh dude I'd take my fat ass and peddle him here from Green Bay if agreed to come here. I love this idea and would be 1000% on board. I agree all you say about it and it would be the best thing we've done in like, errrr, uhhhh, forever!

But, No matter what you say, what you want and whatever hypothesis is swirling around in your head there is no way Aaron Rodgers comes here. Dude literally wants to leave Green Bay because he saw what Brady did in Tampa and Green Bay has a better roster and much better coaching than we do and its not close.  Aaron Rodgers would rather retire and sweep floors at All State than play here. But yeah, A Smashmouth can dream!

Crush I agree I don't think the odds are he comes here and I never said that nor did I say anyone else did. All I'm saying since this is a hypothetical that this would be great all the way around if he did come here. Maybe I'm being trolled but I stand by the fact it would be the single greatest thing this franchise ever did. I also stand by the fact there is a chance based on the logistics of the entire situation being that GB is NEVER trading him within the division and are very unlikely to trade him within the conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

If he goes anywhere it will be Pittsburg. He never will come to the jets. Might as well just close the thread. Would be career suicide. 

So what you are saying is Rodgers would have no impact here and would not have the ability to turn this thing around ? Simple Questions.

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is mostly correct.

The only thing that's going to save this team is Zach Wilson.  If Zach doesn't pan out it's a sh*t show for at least another 3 years and another rebuild. 

There's no miracle QB that's going to come here and save things - it's ZW or bust. 

You guys might not like him, might not like that, you might not like me for saying it - but it the 100% reality of the situation.

I love Zach Wilson and I think he has the ability and the fearlessness to play the position I just think he's in need of some help and not by some clown like Joe Flacco coming in here and playing middle of the road football  but by a guy who can show him how to be a real leader