Rex Ryan's Take On Robert Saleh

SoFlaJets

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, it bothers him.

Too many of our fans conflate tantrums and visible outrage with passion. Losing your cool is unprofessional - not a sign of acceptance of failure. 

Our fanbase full of emotionally immature blockheads constantly look for the wrong traits in leadership.

There are other fans though who love to point the finger at other Jet fans for the team losing.  

Anyone who cant see what Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are doing just dont understand how you do a true rebuild.  Jet fans think we have done a rebuild 100s of times but we have actually NEVER done a true, ground up rebuild.  This is the 1st time.

Rex realized how foolish he was to by what he said about Douglas and saleh and Jet fans will realize how foolish they are by doubting Douglas and Saleh.

Its happening Jet fans.  Enjoy the ride as we will be Super Bowl contenders in a few short years.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Rex = every bit the insecure, narcissistic jag off I’ve told y’all he is.

Saleh = put him in his place. 

Saleh is the Alpha here. He clearly doesn’t need to constantly tell folks he is, which as you should all know is the immediate tell for a Beta. Rex is a bitch.

This season is miserable, but I’m still a fan of Saleh and the hire. We need players. No talent acquisition or consistency for 10+ years was always going to hinder any ‘fast’ fix.

Big fan of this opinion and mostly is why I had nothing to say in here about Saleh/Rex because I think the 10+ years without talent is a huge roadblock in everyone’s expectations regardless of how bad we are getting gashed on Defense.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Rex = every bit the insecure, narcissistic jag off I’ve told y’all he is.

Saleh = put him in his place. 

Saleh is the Alpha here. He clearly doesn’t need to constantly tell folks he is, which as you should all know is the immediate tell for a Beta. Rex is a bitch.

This season is miserable, but I’m still a fan of Saleh and the hire. We need players. No talent acquisition or consistency for 10+ years was always going to hinder any ‘fast’ fix.

Yep! I hate how this seasons gone and getting blown out is zero fun but I’m all in on this rebuild starting from the bottom. It’s gotta happen at some point and constant turnover isn’t gonna change anything. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yep! I hate how this seasons gone and getting blown out is zero fun but I’m all in on this rebuild starting from the bottom. It’s gotta happen at some point and constant turnover isn’t gonna change anything. 

I’ve been out early on a lot of rebuilds from a lot of different regimes but this one I still feel pretty alright about. I still believe in JD, Saleh and the QB they took #2 overall because I’ve seen things from this regime early that do signify change.

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Rex being the bigger man, as expected.

He’s too good for this fanbase. Always has been. 

Rex said hes totally impressed by Saleh.

Rex said Saleh is impressive

Rex said Saleh is the man to get it done, has the right vision

Rex said the same things about JD

Rex said he loves this years draft class

Rex said he loves Wilson, that he is the right QB, the most talented one in the draft

All things you have had the opposite opinion of

Too good for this fanbase?

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Losing does not seem to bother Saleh all that much from my observations.

Similar to Bowles, hes standing on the sideline with the same look on his face.

If you were coaching a guy in basketball and he wasn’t jumping the way you wanted him to, he wasn’t driving to the hoop, you could either get angry and pissed off or you could be patient because he’s not capable.

Now, what if I told you that basketball player was actually in a wheelchair? How angry could you be? What if he was trying to do what you coached him to do and was putting in effort but he was simply incapable? Would throwing your hands up and screaming on the sideline help at all?

We do not yet have the capability on the roster to execute what the coaches are trying to do. We see glimpses, we see some signs of hope, but we just don’t have the horses to run this race yet. Just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Watching pegame ESPN, Rex said they had a long conversation, there was an apology and now he believes 100% the direction of the franchise and in Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson.  Basically, he's all in and everything is great!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Rex just did a 180 on ESPN.  He said he spoke to Saleh, apologized and was blown away by Saleh, his vision and plan for the team, his smarts etc and that the Jets got it right.  Its a build for the long term, be patient

Who saw that coming?

? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pleasefireSelahnow said:

Who else wouldn't take Rex over Selah right now, think the defense gets lit up for 40+ points with Rex at the helm?

Put me on that list of those that don't want. Ryan.  I don't want a retread failed head coach to return.  I don't want a coach who doesn't know where the offensive meeting rooms are.  There is a reason he is on TV and not on an NFL sideline.  The Jets justifiably moved on years ago. So did Buffalo.  You should too.  

19 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Put me on that list of those that don't want. Ryan.  I don't want a retread failed head coach to return.  I don't want a coach who doesn't know where the offensive meeting rooms are.  There is a reason he is on TV and not on an NFL sideline.  The Jets justifiably moved on years ago. So did Buffalo.  You should too.  

Sadly last time the Jets made the playoffs was with Rex Ryan, not saying he is the solution but he is a way better coach then Bum ass half a brain Saleh.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:35 AM, Integrity28 said:

Oh, it bothers him.

Too many of our fans conflate tantrums and visible outrage with passion. Losing your cool is unprofessional - not a sign of acceptance of failure. 

Our fanbase full of emotionally immature blockheads constantly look for the wrong traits in leadership.

Belichick loses his cool.

Jimmy Johnson did. Parcells did not stand there like a statue and take it. Bill Cowher flipped out spitting everywhere.

Bash Rex all you want, but back to back AFC Championships trumps bending over and taking it in the shorts with a smile. 

On 11/21/2021 at 11:23 AM, Jet Nut said:

Rex said he loves Wilson, that he is the right QB, the most talented one in the draft

Rex is paid to be either the Hero or the Villain.

You can pick just about any sports talking head and find polar opposite quotes.

27 minutes ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Rex will win a Super Bowl with his next team.

He will be back.

Yes he’s been such a hot coaching prospect since he was fired from Buffalo. Every team will be clamoring for guy pushing 60 who prefers a ground and pound offense in today’s NFL and constantly acts like a buffoon. Especially someone with an under 500 coaching record whose best 2 seasons were his first 2 followed by 6 failing to make the playoffs and seeing his teams get consistently worse. Yes sign me up for that. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

Yes he’s been such a hot coaching prospect since he was fired from Buffalo. Every team will be clamoring for guy pushing 60 who prefers a ground and pound offense in today’s NFL and constantly acts like a buffoon. Especially someone with an under 500 coaching record whose best 2 seasons were his first 2 followed by 6 failing to make the playoffs and seeing his teams get consistently worse. Yes sign me up for that. 

There is no shortage of stupid NFL franchises passing on good HCs and we do not know if Rex has been offered NFL HC jobs. Who else is out there twice coaching his team within 1 game of the super bowl? Who else is out there taking out P Manning and Brady 2 first ballot HOF QBs in the post season?

Dont look now, but the Patriots have adopted Rexs style and are playing defense and pounding the ball with the run.

Parcells and Rex have been the most successful Jets HCs since Weeb.

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2021 at 12:23 PM, Jet Nut said:

Rex had to have Couples he worked him out personally and it was full on man crush.

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

Rex had to have Couples he worked him out personally and it was full on man crush.

*Coples

And I bit hard.  Really thought he'd be able to pull off the same thing he did with Adalius Thomas but Coples just didnt care.  He was a beast  and made some eye-popping freakish plays while here but he just didnt want to play Football.