Rich Eisen Flacco Rant

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the assessment of Saleh doesn't  really want to do this is correct and that White was so bad, they couldn't  double down on him if they think Flacco is an option which as much as I hate to think it, it's  actually  a legit reason. One thing he didn't  really address is, do the Jets think Wilson is so injured that he can't play? If the Jets were playing for a playoff spot and Zach was a reason for that, is he sitting this game out?

another reason for Flacco is something most of this board was bitching about all year long. Zach gets to sit and watch Flacco play a whole game. 

now those same people are crying that Flacco is starting.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Deeply mismanaged QB situation where it looks like no one is in charge and “the plan” changes day by day, and the head coach ends up looking like the fool of all fools, and the young “franchise” QB looks like an cloistered, overwhelmed puss-puss. It’s hard to **** this up as much as these Jets have. 

Deep down didn't we expect this ? Starting Flacco over Mike White is the single dumbest thing I have ever seen with this franchise in a long list of dumb things. Even if Mike White is not in the plans as a starter long term,  at the very least have to see how he responds to a bad outing and if he has what it takes to be the back up.

As I stated a few times No one has played well against the Bills at the QB position so why should Mike White sit and not have a chance to redeem himself. Mike White has to feel like he was kicked in the teeth

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

A lot of people getting carried away with this whole situation. Flacco needs to go out and win on Sunday, then Zach will come back.

Kill the Jets for not having a vet QB the whole time, but starting Flacco doesn't seem like the biggest deal in the world. Just media trying to drive up clicks and the NY media has absolutely nothing else to talk about when it comes to NY Football so...

So Flacco comes out and wins and looks good.  And you are saying put zac in next week?

Of Flacco comes out and looks like garbage and the jets get destroyed with mike white on the bench.

Nothing good can come from this move at all.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So Flacco comes out and wins and looks good.  And you are saying put zac in next week?

Of Flacco comes out and looks like garbage and the jets get destroyed with mike white on the bench.

Yes - IMO this is Zach's team. White, Flacco, whoever… they are just holding the fort down for Zach to come back. Now obviously I’d prefer for Mike White to start and win so we can feel like we have a young backup, but all that matters is winning the game. White did a good job against Cincy.

We aren’t tanking now that we have Zach and if Joe Flacco gives us the best chance to win this week, so be it. Just win the game

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

That's fair but we were seeing that under White and Johnson for that matter.  Carter had a break out game doing something only him and Kamara have done.  Moore has scored in 4 straight games.  He played bad vs. Buffalo.  Lots of QB's do, they're the #1 D in the league.  Why not continue to start White and just have a shorter leash this game?  And if this is the reasoning, then Flacco is the starter for the rest of the year, no?  He's better than Zach Wilson too. 

And that's other thing that's ridiculous about this situation, how do we know Flacco will be better?  He hasnt won a Football game in over 2 years.  Mike White won a few weeks ago.

There’s certainly some logic to keep going to white or even Wilson.  It could also be that white was shaken up more than we we’ve been told.  But I still think Flacco should do better against the blitz than either Wilson or white so he may just get the win.  This on top of getting the ball to Moore more .  We’ll see.

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

You get your information from this forum?  

200.gif

Sounds funny.  But I've first seen most sports stories posted here when I log on in the morning before anywhere else.   So many great posters share stories on injuries, cuts, signings, firings that they cull from various outlets.    It always amazes me.  

They are just looking to get the offense to run consistently to continue evaluating it. White did good for 1 game, so you run with the hot hand.  As soon as he got his shot, we saw what happened.  I imagine their thinking is that Flacco gives a better chance to just have a vanilla game from the QB after White showed he was not able to be.  Sunday will that still be the case?  Who cares, it's all about Zach, these 2 guys are just to make sure the offense isn't the terrible part.  (Would it have been smarter to not get Flacco and just go with JJ and save that draft pick, YES)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Deep down didn't we expect this ? Starting Flacco over Mike White is the single dumbest thing I have ever seen with this franchise in a long list of dumb things. Even if Mike White is not in the plans as a starter long term,  at the very least have to see how he responds to a bad outing and if he has what it takes to be the back up.

As I stated a few times No one has played well against the Bills at the QB position so why should Mike White sit and not have a chance to redeem himself. Mike White has to feel like he was kicked in the teeth

White is almost certainly going to want to test the market and see if there is a team that wants to give him a competitive shot at the starting position. He's not going to be handed the job with any length of time with Wilson on the roster. Staying here means committing to a career as a backup. There's no value to the team to play White more than they have to just to have him go somewhere else unless meaningless wins this year are the only things to care about. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

another reason for Flacco is something most of this board was bitching about all year long. Zach gets to sit and watch Flacco play a whole game. 

now those same people are crying that Flacco is starting.

Unlike the season ticket holders Zach will get paid to watch Flacco play a whole game. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Saleh is dumb.  

On 11/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, rex-n-effect said:

White is almost certainly going to want to test the market and see if there is a team that wants to give him a competitive shot at the starting position. He's not going to be handed the job with any length of time with Wilson on the roster. Staying here means committing to a career as a backup. There's no value to the team to play White more than they have to just to have him go somewhere else unless meaningless wins this year are the only things to care about. 

That's a list (below) of the games the Bills played, they basically owned every single QB they played against. QB's with less than 3 years experience were humiliated. Mike White with 3 games NFL experience had his first real bad outing of the year and most of the Int's he threw were prayers when the game was all but over all while facing an insane amount of pressure and still throwing for the second most yards (254) against the Bills defense Behind Pat Mahomes.. 

Mike White, you know the guy the Jets are terrified will play well and make it hard for the Jets to reinstate Zach as the starter, or make it hard to justify to the fans, gets to sit the bench without even getting the chance to show if he can rebound from a bad start. A team that can't get the QB position right for 50 years should be exploring every option and never turning their back on a possibility yet here we are doing just that. This team is a utter disgrace and as I have said before I really hope the fans send a god damn message this Sunday with an even emptier Stadium. Nothing against Joe Flacco but he does not give this franchise anything what so ever to hope for Mike White does and that's pretty obvious.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jets+bills+game&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS902US902&oq=jets+bills&aqs=chrome.2.69i59j0i512l9.4810j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/01c_d;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, rex-n-effect said:

exactly.

playing White more ups his Value.  then you put JD in a spot to where he has to match a crazy offer of maybe 18 mil a year as oppose to a first rd pick. sitting White assures he is here next year and who knows maybe we see after 20 or so starts that Wilson isnt the guy and we give White a real chance to win the job.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, Beerfish said:

People will twist themselves into pretzels to try and make sense of this...the only way it makes sense is that they actually just think Flacco is the best chance to win a game and they want the media off their backs...because Robert Saleh apparently is listening to sports talk radio all day.

56 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's a list (below) of the games the Bills played, they basically owned every single QB they played against. QB's with less than 3 years experience were humiliated. Mike White with 3 games NFL experience had his first real bad outing of the year and most of the Int's he threw were prayers when the game was all but over all while facing an insane amount of pressure and still throwing for the second most yards (254) against the Bills defense Behind Pat Mahomes.. 

Mike White, you know the guy the Jets are terrified will play well and make it hard for the Jets to reinstate Zach as the starter, or make it hard to justify to the fans, gets to sit the bench without even getting the chance to show if he can rebound from a bad start. A team that can't get the QB position right for 50 years should be exploring every option and never turning their back on a possibility yet here we are doing just that. This team is a utter disgrace and as I have said before I really hope the fans send a god damn message this Sunday with an even emptier Stadium. Nothing against Joe Flacco but he does not give this franchise anything what so ever to hope for Mike White does and that's pretty obvious.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jets+bills+game&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS902US902&oq=jets+bills&aqs=chrome.2.69i59j0i512l9.4810j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/01c_d;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1;;

see what you dont get is this season was suppose to be about developing Zach Wilson...not Mike White. when you remember that you will understand this all better.

now keeping in mind what i just said, which is the mission of this year you tell me im wrong...

1. for the betterment of Wilson who does he benefit more from? watching a vet like Flacco run this offense or a PS QB who had one really good game and one really bad one. oh and what 15 plus years of starting experiences vs 2-3 games? 

2. we are facing the easier part of our schedule. i would say whoever is the QB they would benefit a lot from playing these games. this should be a great confidence builder to whoever is out there. and that QB should be Zach Wilson.

im sorry pal but you dont change the plan cause the backup had one really good game. this isnt training camp, White doesn't have to get another game to show us anything.

anything White gets takes away from Wilson. 

• Sympathy 1

Guys like White don’t get more chances. It’s the way it goes. They need to evaluate the remainder of the team. We have young guys and big holes. Stability at QB at least gives a fair look, if even for a game. Zach will be back for HOU for better or worse.

Having said that I think there’s a huge amount of desperation in the decision to start Flacco. I think leadership is feeling the heat and are trying for a win

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

On 11/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, munchmemory said:

Biggest shock for me is that anyone still cares about anything that's said on sports radio/TV.   "Rants"?  lol  What is this WFAN in he late 80s/90s?  

It was always schtick.  But even more so now that there are so many media outlets with their versions of the "outraged host".

Mark Malousis is the king of the fake outraged host.   He also says "rears its ugly head" 20.times a day......

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

see what you dont get is this season was suppose to be about developing Zach Wilson...not Mike White. when you remember that you will understand this all better.

now keeping in mind what i just said, which is the mission of this year you tell me im wrong...

1. for the betterment of Wilson who does he benefit more from? watching a vet like Flacco run this offense or a PS QB who had one really good game and one really bad one. oh and what 15 plus years of starting experiences vs 2-3 games? 

2. we are facing the easier part of our schedule. i would say whoever is the QB they would benefit a lot from playing these games. this should be a great confidence builder to whoever is out there. and that QB should be Zach Wilson.

im sorry pal but you dont change the plan cause the backup had one really good game. this isnt training camp, White doesn't have to get another game to show us anything.

anything White gets takes away from Wilson. 

I get it Man believe me Its you that don't get it. What you are basically saying is "we drafted Zach to be the guy so nothing else matters not even another QB showing promise". That's Ridiculous especially with all the high draft pick failures at the position. I'm not saying Zach cant do it I'm saying there are numerous reasons to play Mike White and Not Joe Flacco and you don't seem to understand that. This is not me saying MW is better than ZW or anything like that, this is me saying maybe we have 2 good QB's and to sit one for Joe Flacco after a bad game against the best pass defense in the NFL is Absurd. MW didn't just have "one good game" he's played well throughout the pre season and he played well in games besides just the Cincy Game.  Using that Logic and due to the Fact Both QB's have 5 and 3 games of NFL experience Zach Wilson has played pretty damn bad and never even came close to what Mike White has accomplished other than a few prayers he threw up. Its obvious ZW needs time but Until he's ready if he will ever be ready MW should be the starter and Flacco the back up.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

exactly.

playing White more ups his Value.  then you put JD in a spot to where he has to match a crazy offer of maybe 18 mil a year as oppose to a first rd pick. sitting White assures he is here next year and who knows maybe we see after 20 or so starts that Wilson isnt the guy and we give White a real chance to win the job.

Dude you have got to be kidding me with this ..... Hey lets hide MW so no one gets to see him again so we can keep him for next year ???? LOL man 

What a terrible spot for ******* JD a 2 overall pick with  talent and a 5 rounder who just sop happens to be playing well and all this at the QB position.

You deserve the Jets 

• Haha 1

I'm going to call Andy Reid and Bitch that Mahomes is having a bad year and had just a terrible game VS Buffalo I demand he sits. How dare he have such a terrible game vs The Bills only throwing for 18 more yards than That sh*t Head Mike White What a damn disgrace for 50 mil a Year.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:33 AM, More Cowbell said:

I think this is the beat take on it I've heard.

I get it - and all the subsidiary conversation. But… the majority of Jet fans are being willfully ignorant. Zach needs grooming. It’s not as though it’s proven theory that playing through being sh*tty accelerates/improves learning. It has its benefits and drawbacks. As does learning from the sidelines. 

the problem is in 2021 that we forget theres 52 other players. If you wanna build some confidence, give players chances to work on timing in play design, tops of your routes, situational football - and evaluate your team - you might have to roll out someone who can actually do play QB right now. 

11 hours ago, undertow said:

People will twist themselves into pretzels to try and make sense of this...the only way it makes sense is that they actually just think Flacco is the best chance to win a game and they want the media off their backs...because Robert Saleh apparently is listening to sports talk radio all day.

That is 100% what it is, IMO. The Jets are horrendous and Saleh is feeling the heat. He wants to notch a few wins with competent QB play so he can say -- "See? My coaching staff knows what they're doing. The team isn't that bad. We just need to develop this young QB."

If the Jets look competent and win a few more games down the stretch he can sell optimism for next year. If the team keeps playing like they have been recently he may not even make it to next year.

• Upvote 1