Jump to content

Jags at Jets


JetsFanatic
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

all fans should just stay home although that is not a fair request if you paid for your tickets

it would be nice to shine a light on the abysmal franchise that Woody and Co own and let them bask in the stink that is their NY jets

Not showing up won't do that. If all the fans turned their back on the Jets first drive, that would play nicely for the cameras and hit Woody where it hurts. Public perception.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We're probably going to win and cost ourselves draft position. I think the Jets still want to win.

The Jags/Texans game yesterday sure as hell made it look like the Jags have 100% given up.

The players, and especially the Coaches (who should rightfully be on the hotseat in 2022 after this horrid first season, "rebuild" or not), still want to win in trash time, to try and make it look less horrific.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Not showing up won't do that. If all the fans turned their back on the Jets first drive, that would play nicely for the cameras and hit Woody where it hurts. Public perception.

Problem is that would be about only 25% of the fans. The rest will be made up of Jags, Dolphins, Bills, Packers, Cowboys , Bucs , Raiders , Flight Crew family, Long island PAL, rumbling Mustang pee-wees , Manahawkin Bible Study group, or whatever other groups and charities the team will dump tickets on. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Well, well.... Brian Schottenheimer is going to be calling the offense for the JAGS on Sunday.

 

So Jags about to hang 40 on us right? why not Schotty cast off comes in and has his "I should be an OC and possibly a HC candidate", right?!?

 omg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jets will pull out all the stops to win this game simply to try to make ZW  look better than Lawrence and to prop up JD..it's that simple...if Lawrence throws for 300 yards and runs for a TD or two it will cause the crowd to get ugly in the stands...cheers for Lawrence, chants of JD must go, paper bags on heads, you name it...I'll be there to see Lawrence.  

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Jets will pull out all the stops to win this game simply to try to make ZW  look better than Lawrence and to prop up JD..it's that simple...if Lawrence throws for 300 yards and runs for a TD or two it will cause the crowd to get ugly in the stands...cheers for Lawrence, chants of JD must go, paper bags on heads, you name it...I'll be there to see Lawrence.  

Understand the sentiment but not the logic.

If Saleh and JD want to stay employed, their best chance is to draft one of the edge rushers. One more win doesn’t help anything. Moving into the 1-2 draft slot does.

Jets probably will beat the Jags but not because management needs a win  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, addage said:

Understand the sentiment but not the logic.

If Saleh and JD want to stay employed, their best chance is to draft one of the edge rushers. One more win doesn’t help anything. Moving into the 1-2 draft slot does.

Jets probably will beat the Jags but not because management needs a win  

 

By that logic they would have rested their starters against the Rams last season and secured the first pick...remember the excuses they gave..we are professional players, we don't lay down, etc...all that bull...getting the first pick wasn't so important to them then... it's critical to JD that ZW looks good and the Jets wins this game and makes it seem that they got the better QB in Wilson vs Lawrence...not that I believe that to be the case. I remember when the Kenny O'Brien Jets beat the Dan Marino Dolphins in their rookie seasons and the Jets were shouting from the rooftops how they got the better QB after they passed on Marino and drafted O'Brien instead...we know how that worked out.. JD is in panic mode over this game...he's a frog in a slowly boiling pot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

By that logic they would have rested their starters against the Rams last season and secured the first pick...remember the excuses they gave..we are professional players, we don't lay down, etc...all that bull...getting the first pick wasn't so important to them then... it's critical to JD that ZW looks good and the Jets wins this game and makes it seem that they got the better QB in Wilson vs Lawrence...not that I believe that to be the case. I remember when the Kenny O'Brien Jets beat the Dan Marino Dolphins in their rookie seasons and the Jets were shouting from the rooftops how they got the better QB after they passed on Marino and drafted O'Brien instead...we know how that worked out.. JD is in panic mode over this game...he's a frog in a slowly boiling pot.

Most teams that people speculate of "tanking" go into the next season with a new HC, GM, or both. Why would you lose games on purpose to give your successor a better start?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

But it prevents us from moving up… Thus costing us draft position.

Might not move up. The Texans upcoming opponents have 5 more wins than ours. They currently have a .006 weaker SOS. Im not sure if both teams lose all games if the draft position flips or not. It also accounts for the record of every team played beforehand up to the end of the season. Also just realized that I’m an idiot and the Jags have a stronger SOS and would drop to pick 4 with a win. The lions are also playing the falcons who they can definitely beat. If the jags and lions win then the jets move to 2. 
 

I have a feeling that even with the #4 pick  one of thib or hutch will be available still since neal has been playing lights out and the jags need to protect Lawrence.  One of the qbs will probably go to the lions or Texans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

We're probably going to win and cost ourselves draft position. I think the Jets still want to win.

The Jags/Texans game yesterday sure as hell made it look like the Jags have 100% given up.

Nothing would give the Jags players and interim staff more pleasure than to win, if not for anything but to spite Meyer Weiner.  I think they're just a bad team.  But so are we, definitely not counting chickens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...