Texans fire David Culley: Potential Jets draft implication.

JTJet

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Feel bad for Cullen, finally gets his shot, gets hired under the worst circumstances, expected to be the worst team in the NFL and that's rag tag bunch actually came out and gave a damn good fight.  David Mills was best rookie QB of the class.

Teams are stupid. 

Agree. Org is a mess and I thought he did a good job.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Yup.

I despise Watson, and he most certainly doesn’t deserve to play professional football in my opinion, but I don’t entirely trust Goodell to actually do the right thing unless his hands are tied.  So throwing all of that out, I can’t imagine that this move isn’t related to Watson in any way possible.  If DeShaun wanted Miami that badly because of Flores, I’d imagine getting him to become Houston’s next head coach would go a long way in keeping him.

Damn I didnt even think about that. 

• Upvote 1

Eh. If Watson didn't sign back on with Culley he's probably not signing back on with any HC. Culley is a black HC Watson said he wants to play for, but he didn't. He wants OFF the Texans more than he wants to play for a black HC. 

On a side note, what if a white player demanded to be traded but only to a team with a white HC? That would be fine?

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

What is the correlation here?  Didn’t Watson work with Culley at some point and were on good terms?  What would Flores bring to Watson that Culley couldn’t?

Legitimately asking, cuz I don’t get it.

Rumor was Watson wanted to go to Miami because of Flores. So people are thinking if Houston hires Flores, Watson stays. 

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I feel like they go offense, partly to appease Watson. 

I would think after what Watson has put the Texans through they aren’t the ones that need to appease anyone.  But I can see the Texans going after Flores now

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup.

I despise Watson, and he most certainly doesn’t deserve to play professional football in my opinion, but I don’t entirely trust Goodell to actually do the right thing unless his hands are tied.  So throwing all of that out, I can’t imagine that this move isn’t related to Watson in any way possible.  If DeShaun wanted Miami that badly because of Flores, I’d imagine getting him to become Houston’s next head coach would go a long way in keeping him.

Watson has nothing on Ben "the pig".

12aa33457e1142e50ff490be5ae941e6.jpg

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Culley didn't deserve to get fired. He did a solid job with the dysfunctional hand that he was dealt.

I hope he got a decent contract and can enjoy his HC salary for a few years.

Edit: Just checked - the Texans gave Culley a FIVE YEAR deal.

He can retire and still get paid his HC salary by Houston for the next 4 years. Not bad.

I looked into this a bit further.

Culley did get 5 years, but only 2 years of guaranteed money - so he gets his 2022 pay, and that's it.

Looks like the Texans knew (or suspected) they were only keeping him for one year, with the way they structured his contract.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Apparently they’re hiring Pep Hamilton as OC. 

How do you hire and OC before the HC?

And people thought the Jets were a circus. 

If you have an agreement with a HC, but aren't announcing the hiring for some reason. A coach in the playoffs may not want it announced until after the season, but doesn't want to lose out on their staff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1