*** NFL Gameday 01/23 ***

Beerfish

It is my feeling that QBs that run when the chance is there actually help protect themselves from injury.  Wilson started to run more later in the year and it helped.  You need to give the other team an extra thing to worry about that slows up a pass rush and blitzing

26 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

But that still requires the NFL to be in on it. Vegas doesn’t the NFL to fix games and the NFL doesn’t Vegas to make money. The betting and fantasy football drive up interest though.

No it doesn't.

I don't know why you think I'm inferring there's some sort of corporate collaboration between Vegas and the NFL. We've seen individuals get caught plenty of times for influencing games on account of gambling (i.e. "Vegas"). I can't think of a single time where it happened where it was part of an arrangement between the league and Vegas. 

People cheat in the NFL, this is proven. Whether they are cheating for gambling or to win is relative. It's naive to think that neither happen though.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

Technically Bills are still left

but also

@Defense Wins Championships

Bills defense is  smoke and mirrors. They play the odds. Any team disciplined enough to throw short and run on them can score every single drive and the Bills can't stop them. Bills play the odds that teams won't do that though and teams continually play into their hands. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

It is my feeling that QBs that run when the chance is there actually help protect themselves from injury.  Wilson started to run more later in the year and it helped.  You need to give the other team an extra thing to worry about that slows up a pass rush and blitzing

Daniel Jones and LaMar Jackson disagree. 

5 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Daniel Jones and LaMar Jackson disagree. 

Wilson got hurt....by getting hit.  Qbs get hurt in the pocket or rolling out just as much as when running.

Joe Burrow got hammered 9 time last game, he is not a runner, Burrow got hurt the year before, via pass rush.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bugg said:

How does an NFL GM pick Jamal Adams over Pat Mahomes? Mind-boggling stupidity. 

The thing is if anyone knew how good he’d be, there isn’t a team in the NFL that wouldn’t have taken him, even the 5 in front of us, and those ahead of KC also.

Nobody did though, not even the Chiefs. They got lucky.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

How does an NFL GM pick Jamal Adams over Pat Mahomes? Mind-boggling stupidity. 

Well it is much worse than that imo he passed on mahommes and watson because not as much due to jamal love but because they took hackenburg the year before in the 2nd round.  You are not drafting a QB in the 2nd round unless you think he can be your starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson got hurt....by getting hit.  Qbs get hurt in the pocket or rolling out just as much as when running.

Joe Burrow got hammered 9 time last game, he is not a runner, Burrow got hurt the year before, via pass rush.

That's all true...Of course not running QB's can get hurt...

It doesn't change the fact that running QB's are far likely to be injured and have shorter careers.   This league is not built for QB's that run a lot.

• Upvote 1

Maccagnan scouted 2 QB classes 

he decided to take a QB from the darnold class because he thought darnold or mayfield could change the culture 

he passed on an entire class 

it’s much more accurate to day he passed on Mahomes for darnold 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Maccagnan scouted 2 QB classes 

he decided to take a QB from the darnold class because he thought darnold or mayfield could change the culture 

he passed on an entire class 

it’s much more accurate to day he passed on Mahomes for darnold 

No one thought darnold as going to be there so no that is not accurate more like allen or rosen or even mayfield.

41 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@munchmemory

I’m sure it’s not helping my blood pressure, but I’m sitting here demolishing a stick of dried sausage and a chunk of crumbly, sharp as hell provolone and a bottle of red wine right now. Life is good.

After the game, I went and whipped up a quick Bolognese with ground turkey.  That thing was scarfed up.  And I drank way too much wine today. lol

• Haha 1