Who will be saddest if they don't win it all?

Saddest?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which fanbase will be most bummed out if they don't win the Super Bowl?

• Cincinnati Bengals
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • San Francisco 49ers

Bengals fans know that this is likely their wonder year, and probably their best shot at the AFC championship. Could be wrong, but I think if they don't win it all here they may not for a while. Bengals hadn't won a playoff game since '91 before this year. It's all or nothing for them. Rams have already been to the SB in the last 4 years, 49ers have a lot of wins, the Chiefs have gone to 4 straight AFC champs. It's Cincy for me

• WTF? 1

Bengals fans know that this is likely their wonder year, and probably their best shot at the AFC championship. Could be wrong, but I think if they don't win it all here they may not for a while. Bengals hadn't won a playoff game since '91 before this year. It's all or nothing for them. Rams have already been to the SB in the last 4 years, 49ers have a lot of wins, the Chiefs have gone to 4 straight AFC champs. It's Cincy for me

Wonder year!?! They have one of the top QB’s in the league for the foreseeable future. Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Mahomes…. These kids are going to own the NFL for a looong time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

i say KC. they have the best QB and i think there starting to expect to win every year.

and i think KC fans have to be worried that there window is closing. Mahomes makes like 50 mil a year, there going to have trouble keeping good players sooner or later.

remember TB12 might be the goat, but he took a lot less money so the Pats could keep good players.

• Upvote 1

I tend to look at teams in terms of how they are positioned for the future.

KC are rolling along pretty nicely - their franchise QB is signed long term, is young, and they've got lots of talent around. Need to improve on D, but that is manageable. Probably should be favorites to win it, but also highly likely to be in the mix next year too.

Cincy are a team on the rise - probably don't have all the pieces / experience to go all the way this year but should be able to come right back next year and try again.

Rams are in win-now mode - lots of FA signings and trades at the expense of draft capital. Should be NFC favorites (plus home field) but you have to think that they could fall off quite quickly if they don't win. Playing in the NFC West doesn't help either.

SF are a curious case ... a team one win away from the SB that don't even know who their QB will be next year. Got to imagine the offseason discussions will be interesting there, to say the least. If they move on to Lance it'll probably be some time before they're back in the playoffs - can they afford to take that step? And if they fall short with Jimmy G, can they afford not to?

My vote goes to LA without a doubt. The most "win now" team with the biggest expectations on them. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Hex said:

I disagree.

I think it is the beginning of their window, Burrow on a rookie contract for 3 more years, great rookie WR.   2 seasons ago theyvwere the worst team in the NFL, now they are in the AFC championship game.

Rams have put everything into it, they lost the SB a few years ago, most of their best players are starting to get older.  It's now or never.

• Upvote 3

One thing I am pretty sure of is none of them will cry like Cowboys fans do.

Was thinking about this the other day and see many have stated the Bills even though they are out. For as much as I have told people the angst Jet fans have gone through over the years, Bills fans have really had it worse.

4 straight super bowl loses. Music city miracle. Now the KC game and I am pretty sure I am missing a few along the way.

As far as the weekend goes, kind of rooting for Jimmy G. For whatever reason, he reminds me a bit of Gronk.

• Upvote 1

I keep seeing people claim that this is an aberration for the Bengals, similar to the Jets in 09-10...

But Joe Burrow ain't Mark Sanchez. People bag on Marvin Lewis but the difference here isn't Lewis vs. Zac Taylor as much as Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton vs. Joe Burrow.

This is just he beginning for Joe Burrow, IMO. He's going to right there with Allen and Mahomes running the AFC for the next 15 years.

• Upvote 2

This is easy....Rams. I don't know how you can mortage more than your future, but the Rams somehow have done it. On the flip side, Bengals playing with house $. Way ahead of even their most optimistic schedule. I was gonna write in Buffalo due to the biggest playoff choke in history, but we've more than covered that already.?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I keep seeing people claim that this is an aberration for the Bengals, similar to the Jets in 09-10...

But Joe Burrow ain't Mark Sanchez. People bag on Marvin Lewis but the difference here isn't Lewis vs. Zac Taylor as much as Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton vs. Joe Burrow.

This is just he beginning for Joe Burrow, IMO. He's going to right there with Allen and Mahomes running the AFC for the next 15 years.

You do have to wonder if Carson doesn't blow out that ACL how far they would have gone that year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, chirorob said:

You do have to wonder if Carson doesn't blow out that ACL how far they would have gone that year.

Very fair question. Steelers won it all that year, so it's possible, although I frankly doubt they beat the Colts who were hands down the "best" team in that year, just kind of choked against a really good Steelers D in the divisional round.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Very fair question. Steelers won it all that year, so it's possible, although I frankly doubt they beat the Colts who were hands down the "best" team in that year, just kind of choked against a really good Steelers D in the divisional round.

Yep, and Vanderjagt choked, as he tended to do. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I was dating a Bengals fan at the time and she was legit crying for like 5 hours. Brutal loss. 

The Bengals are another franchise with so many brutal losses. 

• Upvote 1

Chiefs have recently won. Don't think anyone expected the niners / bengals to get this far....they want it im sure but I think most fans for these teams would be consider this a successful season. The rams on the other hand have sold out and is all in with this team. Rams def have the most pressure to win here. Rams is my vote.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I was dating a Bengals fan at the time and she was legit crying for like 5 hours. Brutal loss. 

The Bengals are another franchise with so many brutal losses. 

The amazing super bowl drive by Montana.  

People forget SB 16, they were down by like 20, and came back to make it game, 26-21