Tom Brady Retires

doitny

2 hours ago, Xtina said:

This!!!! Schefter wasn’t wrong, just jumped the gun 

All he did was quote a tweet from TB12.  Shefter hardly breaks anything that someone didn’t beat him to or wasn’t given by someone who wanted it released. 

13 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I dont get all the love from Jets fans for a guy who participated in the cheating and was aided by the league repeatedly. I would not be surprised in the least if years later we find out that he took performance enhancing drugs

The entire league is on peds lmao 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I paint and have been a big fan of Dalis strange world since HS

I have always been able to put words together.   But have no ability to draw/paint/sketch whatsoever.   I am envious of folks like you who can transform a concept into an image.  Blows me away.   Great to hear that you have this artistic talent, man.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I have always been able to put words together.   But have no ability to draw/paint/sketch whatsoever.   I am envious of folks like you who can transform a concept into an image.  Blows me away.   Great to hear that you have this artistic talent, man.

Thanks

Thats exactly how I feel whenever is see something that came out of the mind of Dali

• Upvote 2

If it makes a difference to some, NFLN and NFL.com are reporting that people close to Brady are confirming he is retiring.

After reading the reports, without saying it is seems the NFL isn’t to happy with the timing to his retirement, announcing it on championship Sunday 

Am I wrong or has he not announced anything yet? 

Brady's comments before his last game made it sound like he wanted to try to get one more super bowl. He was probably heartbroken after the game that the refs didn't capitulate to his crying right away. His return is probably tied up in whether the Bucs bring back a super bowl competitive roster and coaching staff. Brady said he wanted to play until 45 which would be just one more year. If the Bucs hold on to everybody they have a legitimate shot next year. Unless they plan on a lean year to reboot--who do they have to bring in as QB? A Watson destination maybe?

The most annoying outcome would be if the Bucs decide they need to reboot and let Brady go, the 49ers let Garoppolo walk, bring in Brady who wins a super bowl to once again spite Garoppolo and win with his hometown team. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Brady gets paid 15m if he’s on the Bucs on 2/4/22.

He and his family are “undecided” until 2/5, and then will decide to retire once the funds hit his account.

The $15M is deferred signing bonus, deferred for cap purposes.  If it is signing bonus, I think Tom gets that if he retires or not.  Plus, Bucs have the right to recoup $16M of signing bonus if Brady retires this offseason.  From Spotrac:

Contract Notes:

• $15M of $20M signing bonus is deferred to February 4, 2022
  • If Brady retires after 2021, the Bucs will have the right to recoup $16M of signing bonus
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i honestly don't want him to retire. i'd like to see him play one year too long and have a completely sh*t season. it happens to everyone who plays 1 year too long. i'd like tro see it happen to that jerk off also

When he’s 53? 

19 hours ago, Hael said:

I'm genX.  Kinda sad to see the last athletes of that generation retire.  There are but a handful left.

As for Brady.  Much respect!  I'm sure the HOF speech will be super cheesy!

That group had a long run!  Glad to see them moving on though.

It's only the past two years that we've had Mahomes representing the AFC.  He might get to his third consecutive Super Bowl later today.  Amazing.

1033174770_ScreenShot2020-01-05at4_40_49PM.png.29522daa4b7cd9dabf91a1b7f20f4a8f.png

22 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Taking an unneeded ol, a reach for a raw wr who would have went in the 2nd round last year both top 10? Makes no sense to me 

An OL that has been mocked at 4.  Not a reach.  And you’re drafting from this class not last years 

On Monday, Brady made his first public comments on the situation while speaking on his weekly “Let’s Go” podcast with Jim Gray, and the conversation revealed ... very little. Brady was noncommittal when asked about his decision, saying he would need to take some time to reach a conclusion.

“You control what you can control. People want to be in front of the news often, and I totally understand that and understand that’s the environment we’re in,” Brady said. “But I think for me, it’s day to day for me, trying to do the best I can every day, and evaluate things as they come and try to make a great decision for me and my family.”

Brady also expressed some disappointment that the reports of his retirement dominated the weekend’s news cycle, even as the league’s two conference championship games were played to thrilling conclusions.

“I was a little big disappointed that (my situation) would play some part in what is going on in NFL football, which to me is such an amazing sport and it’s a great sport, and the focus should be on those great games,” Brady said. “You’re right, for me, I was trying to enjoy a nice weekend and it didn’t turn out that way because my phone got really busy, but that’s just part of being in the situation I'm in.”

As the football world prepares for the Super Bowl in less than two weeks, Brady declined to put a timetable on when he planned to make his final decisions known.

“I’ll know when the time is right ... there is a lot of interest in when I am going to stop playing and I understand that,” Brady said. “When I know, I’ll know, and when I don’t know, I won’t know and I’m not gonna race to some conclusion about that.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/01/tom-brady-addresses-retirement-report-first-public-comments