Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

Just now, slimjasi said:

See - to me, this so simple

just take him at 4. Don’t let another team steal your favorite WR 

Probably the best course 

I don’t care about taking any of these other wideouts in the 1st round, much less the Top 10.

At least you can still get an EDGE like Johnson or Karlaftis at #10.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

We’re really bent out of shape over not trading for a 30 year old wide receiver, who was having a down year before injury, who’s coming off knee ligament surgery?

He is a very good player and very QB friendly, WR is a large hole right now for the jets.  And the price was very cheap.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t understand how Woods only goes for a sixth 

I don’t get that 

Sounds like a steal, but remember he is coming off an ACL tear in November.  Plus he is due $13.5M in salary and roster bonus.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

We’re really bent out of shape over not trading for a 30 year old wide receiver, who was having a down year before injury, who’s coming off knee ligament surgery?

Wow how do you keep all the login credentials straight?  

Do you throw love dice and go with whatever body part shows up?  

• Haha 1

Just now, MARTIN said:

Stop. We aren't taking a WR at 4. It's like you people keep thinking JD is going to morph into a 13 year old boy playing Madden in his bedroom with some of these ideas.

I get it. It’s not conventional wisdom. But this draft is really deep at edge. The Jets would get a viable edge at 10 to pair with Lawson without any issue.

But there is a drop off for me between Wilson/Williams and every other WR. 

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you think that #1 WR was the guy that got traded for a 6th round pick? Lmao

He’s not a #1, but he’s a fantastic veteran slot option with some of the best hands in the league.

Having Moore and Davis on the outside, Woods in the slot, Berrios in the same role as last year with added reps, and adding a guy like Watkins, Pickens or Dotson in Round 2 would’ve been a nice setup at the position.

As of today, the WR corps is weaker than it was last season with no Crowder and no Cole in the picture.

And there really aren’t many viable options left through FA or trade.

As it looks, we’re going to have to rely on a rookie wideout playing a major role in the offense. And it’s a position with a notorious learning curve. For all of the glowing reports about Moore in TC last year, he didn’t contribute dick until after the mid way point of the season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Sure but a lot of teams could make it work if they wanted to and I think that guy could help a lot of QBs 

all he does is get open 

Yeah,  2 years ago.  And he's 30 coming off an ACL.

there's a reason the rams chose to move on from him.  It wasn't because he was getting open too much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1