Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

call me crazy but i dont remember much of his play last year, I dont knwo how i missed it with that hair, was he good as a back up?

He's fine as a backup center.  Was lost at guard.  Hopefully will never be on anything other than special teams.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

First of all, it depends on what you mean by "high level free agent" - I think the Jets signed some solid football players this week.

But I think expecting Davonte Adams to come here was just unrealistic. The Jets have to establish decency/stability before the cream of the crop is going to want to come play in New Jersey. Salvation comes from within. It really has nothing to do with Saleh. 

For me, drafting and developing a core of competitive young players that can earn a winning record is step 1. 

How much over the course of a lifetime is Davante Adams quality of life going to change having a net worth of $100 million vs. $75 million?  At some point, ultra competitive, high level athletes want to win...

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

So here's a question...

Have we downgraded at any position compared to last offseason?

Wow. Fantastic question.  Puts into perspective what the team is doing this off season: upgrading, solidifying, and the young guys are progressing or being moved on from (For example, we’re moving on from are young, sucky TEs). 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

So here's a question...

Have we downgraded at any position compared to last offseason?

Right now defensive tackle, wide receiver, and depending on what you consider last offseason linebacker (though not meaningfully) and offensive tackle (same guys minus Moses) are probably worse.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Rookie years:

Wilson - 9tds 11ints 55% comp

Darnold - 17tds 15ints 58% comp

facts dont care about jets fans feelings 

Baker Mayfield rookie year 27 td's 14 ints now looking for salvation

Josh Allen rookie year 10 td's 12 ints  two wins from a SB

what is your point?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Fair point.  Loss of Crowder hurts and was not addressed.  I'm open to a high draft pick balancing that out more or less but that's definitely the one area we are weaker in at the moment.

Yes, I'm sure they'll bring in a high draft pick or hopeful trade for a high end talent

Upgrading from Crowder won't be hard, but not easy either...Time will tell what we end up with...

35 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

How much over the course of a lifetime is Davante Adams' great-great grandchildren's quality of life going to change having a net worth of $100 million vs. $75 million?  At some point, ultra competitive, high level athletes want to win...

FIXED!

• Upvote 1