Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Actually that is NOT how the system works. He is not facing criminal charges. First of all that is not the same thing as innocent, and second it is completely irrelevant to his situation in the NFL. Complete irrelevant.

Football players play under a collective bargaining agreement and part of that is a personal conduct policy. Under that policy which is supposed to be extra strict on sexual and domestic violence the burden of proof is simply "more likely than not". He is unquestionably more likely than not to have committed these assaults and the NFL punishment should be severe. This is also the same for the civil cases he faces and all civil cases-simple majority.

We are not talking about taking away his freedom we are talking about the privilege of representing and playing in the NFL

That is completely your opinion.  He is more likely , when there is evidence. Produce the evidence.  It should not be so difficult with so many accusations.

You think he is guilty of sexual assault.  I don’t.    

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

After seeing Zach Wilson for one year, can you honestly say that he was the guy you would have pushed all your chips into the middle for? 

Wilson had such an odd season. I don't think anyone would be happy if you showed his eventual statline to them before the season started, but I'd argue that his arm talent was better than advertised (at least to me). Thought he would have a better season, but was really impressed with him getting under control and being able to watch Jet football without interceptions to end the season. 

We live or die behind Wilson currently, and he really could go either way. However perhaps its telling that behind closed doors there seems to be a LOT of confidence in him. We'll see though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Grandy said:

Wilson had such an odd season. I don't think anyone would be happy if you showed his eventual statline to them before the season started, but I'd argue that his arm talent was better than advertised (at least to me). Thought he would have a better season, but was really impressed with him getting under control and being able to watch Jet football without interceptions to end the season. 

We live or die behind Wilson currently, and he really could go either way. However perhaps its telling that behind closed doors there seems to be a LOT of confidence in him. We'll see though. 

Thank goodness we tender future HOF MW, it's good to have a former #1 pick as a backup. 

6 minutes ago, Grandy said:

There was a weird stat that Wilson led the league in pass completions tackled at the 1 yard line. It was like 7 or something. So I think in the end he could have had like a couple less rushing touchdowns but like 15 TD passes which would look a little better.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

After seeing Zach Wilson for one year, can you honestly say that he was the guy you would have pushed all your chips into the middle for? 

I think they're looking at it as the chips are already in the middle.

I also don't think the Texans were sending Watson to the AFC - yes, the Browns had talks, but they were the first ones eliminated, and only the Panthers, Falcons, and Saints were serious contenders, with the Panthers eventually dropping out, largely because Sam Darnold would obviously beat out Watson in camp.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Without question.

Do me a favor. I have Tom Shane on ignore so I don't have to put up with this sh*t but each time you argue with him I amforced to read his posts. You will never change his mind so please stop trying. Or at least do it in another thread. This one is important. Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If someone thinks Wilson is the best college QB they ever saw, then I have to wonder if they started following the draft in the last 2 years

I'm assuming he meant in last years draft... Otherwise, yeah, err, umm

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Do me a favor. I have Tom Shane on ignore so I don't have to put up with this sh*t but each time you argue with him I amforced to read his posts. You will never change his mind so please stop trying. Or at least do it in another thread. This one is important. Thanks.

:-)   Gotcha.  I agree!   

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So here's a question...

Have we downgraded at any position compared to last offseason?

Backup QB, Backup Guard, DT  Feeney and Flacco and Sheppard are not going to be better another year on.

These are in the realm of 'I cannot believe we could not have upgraded'

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Me: Joe Douglas has painted himself into a corner.

You: OH YEAH SO HOW WOULD YOU FIX THAT?

I love the "what would your plan be" responses. I'd love to tell you what my plans would be but unfortunately NFL teams and agents don't respond to my calls whenever I reach out to them. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I love the "what would your plan be" responses. I'd love to tell you what my plans would be but unfortunately NFL teams and agents don't respond to my calls whenever I reach out to them. 

I know, I can't stand that damn caller ID function either.?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I think they're looking at it as the chips are already in the middle.

I also don't think the Texans were sending Watson to the AFC - yes, the Browns had talks, but they were the first ones eliminated, and only the Panthers, Falcons, and Saints were serious contenders, with the Panthers eventually dropping out, largely because Sam Darnold would obviously beat out Watson in camp.

Watson didnt want to go to Cleveland.

he was born and raised in Georgia. played his college ball in SC and his pro ball in Houston. i think its safe to say he likes warm weather and probably would hate the cold in Dec and Jan up in Cleveland or even here .

he is lucky he had that no trade clause.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

call me crazy but i dont remember much of his play last year, I dont knwo how i missed it with that hair, was he good as a back up?

He should never take the field, but inspire men from the sidelines with the epicness of his mullet!

That's worth at least 3 million. Probably more. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

WR has been downgraded so far. 

Fair point.  Loss of Crowder hurts and was not addressed.  I'm open to a high draft pick balancing that out more or less but that's definitely the one area we are weaker in at the moment.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Fair point.  Loss of Crowder hurts and was not addressed.  I'm open to a high draft pick balancing that out more or less but that's definitely the one area we are weaker in at the moment.

If we don't sign/trade for a WR before the draft, we may double dip at WR rather than TE since we signed two.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Rookie years:

Wilson - 9tds 11ints 55% comp

Darnold - 17tds 15ints 58% comp

facts dont care about jets fans feelings 

Makes sense. Since the season stats for ZW look pitiful, a fan that wants the future to look good for this kid has to look to his performance after injury.  I’ve heard multiple QB evaluators say he was, by far, the best rookie qb the last third of the season. His stats/facts for the last 6 games lay that out also. 

The question is, Heading into his second season, are we going to get first half of the season Zack, or are we going to get Buccaneers game Zack? If he keeps progressing and becoming more competent and shows more of the Buccaneers game stuff, his first year total stats mean nothing. Those facts become analytically worthless.But if we think the last six games were a total anomaly, this kid totally sucks. 

I personally believe all the QB guys who know what the heck they’re talking about: I think Zack’s going to be decent. I think he’ll keep improving, not regressing.

• Upvote 1