Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just occurred to me that maybe BP passed on Peyton because he was hired by Leon Hess to "win now" (because Hess was 80 years old).

https://nypost.com/2014/01/21/former-jets-wish-coach-carroll-had-been-given-another-season/

image.png.942197be43b3e14144202a207b165f0c.png

Could be, but I don't see Tuna taking marching orders from an owner; otherwise why not stay in NE with a superbowl roster? 

His whole alleged reason for moving was if he's going to cook the meal he should be able to buy the groceries or whatever his exact wording was. With that in mind, I don't Hess was in a position to force any Maccagnan-esque "marriage" demands on the most sought-after HC in football, and definitely not with the Jets coming off a 1-15 season.

I'm happy to discuss further in another thread but don't think we should continue this more; it's a draft thread so I'll just childishly stick my last word in here lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be, but I don't see Tuna taking marching orders from an owner; otherwise why not stay in NE with a superbowl roster? 

His whole alleged reason for moving was if he's going to cook the meal he should be able to buy the groceries or whatever his exact wording was. With that in mind, I don't Hess was in a position to force any Maccagnan-esque "marriage" demands on the most sought-after HC in football, and definitely not with the Jets coming off a 1-15 season.

I'm happy to discuss further in another thread but don't think we should continue this more; it's a draft thread so I'll just childishly stick my last word in here lol. 

Aren't you a mod?  Can't you extract all of these posts into their own thread?  lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

He was extended. He’s the other bookend 

Wasn't extended, however his $18.5M roster bonus was picked up before the Sunday deadline. He still wants a big fat new contract and will demand to either be traded or for the Vikes to cough up some new money. 

Mike White signs RFA tender with Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on March 22, 2022, 4:54 PM EDT
Quarterback Mike White authored one of the most unexpected performances of the 2021 season when he made his first start for the Jets and it’s now official that he’ll be back with the team in 2022.

White was tendered as a restricted free agent earlier this month and the Jets announced on Tuesday that he has signed that tender. White had been tendered at the original round level, so any team trying to sign him away would have had to send the Jets a fifth-round pick for successfully doing so

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Quarterback Mike White authored one of the most unexpected performances of the 2021 season when he made his first start for the Jets and it’s now official that he’ll be back with the team in 2022.

White was tendered as a restricted free agent earlier this month and the Jets announced on Tuesday that he has signed that tender. White had been tendered at the original round level, so any team trying to sign him away would have had to send the Jets a fifth-round pick for successfully doing so

Great White smells blood in the water.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

lets-go-mike-white.gif

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Melvin Gordon still out there

I wouldn’t mind Douglas throwing him something like 2 years, $12 million.

Gordon, Carter and Coleman would be a really nice rotation of backs behind an improved OL. Would also mean we don’t have to spend a pick on a RB.

I'm little surpised we're sitting on Tevin Coleman... half expected his contract to be TC cuttable. I thought we bring in Melvin or a lesser/better option like Jeff Wilson or Jerick McKinnon... Coleman. smh. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm little surpised we're sitting on Tevin Coleman... half expected his contract to be TC cuttable. I thought we bring in Melvin or a lesser/better option like Jeff Wilson or Jerick McKinnon... Coleman. smh. 

Is J.D. McKissic still out there?