Official 2022 Free Agency Thread

1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

While Tomlinson turned 30 years old in February, he has a more optimistic future outlook than the majority of players at his age.

Tomlinson has been getting better in recent years, not worse. His overall PFF grade of 78.8 in 2020 was a career-high by a wide margin, and he backed it up with a 75.4 overall grade in 2021, which is still 6.7 points better than any of his five career seasons prior to 2020.

Ranking fourth among left guards at PFF in 2020 and fifth in 2021, Tomlinson joins Joe Thuney, Ali Marpet, and Joel Bitonio in the group of four players to rank in the position’s top-five in each of the past two years (perhaps this signals Tomlinson may actually earn a deal closer to Bitonio’s $16 million per year).

Durability is another plus on Tomlinson’s side. Tomlinson has never missed a game in his career due to injury. The only game he missed was back in Week 1 of 2017, when the 49ers sat Tomlinson out because they had acquired him in a trade from Detroit only 10 days earlier.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/03/12/ny-jets-pursue-free-agent-laken-tomlinson/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Who switches to RG, AVT or LT?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I believe Left Guard is the more valuable position so I definitely see AVT staying there.  He's going to be an All Pro and you don't want to change the young bucks position year 2 after he got settled in last year. 

I hate to say it but I think if JD can grab Bozeman for 12-13m a year, he should do it and cut McGovern. It would only be a 3-4m more and Bozeman can really play. That would be a luxury signing though and consistency at C is important.

IF the Jets can add Allen Robinson and a TE before the draft, this offense is just about all set. I doubt that happens though, I think we're gonna see a lot more defense moving forward

• Upvote 2

I do think we will hear the Jets interested in a lot more players than they really are.  They need to throw money around and help drive the prices up for players they don’t necessarily want, or at least set the floor.

From a strategy perspective, I don’t think the Jets are now drafting Ekwonu to play at G, although he can be the swing T that plays a lot.  

In today’s NFL a team with a QB and without a WR1 picks a WR in rd 1, unless compelling reason otherwise.  Maybe KT is compelling.  But it will be hard to get WR help in FA, and this covers RG and avoids reaching for one.  

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hasn't missed a game in four years. We will solve that problem for him.

I know this is a joke, but can we please figure this sh*t out? Three factors: 

-Is the training staff terrible? If yes, replace them.

-Is the MetLife turf terrible? if yes, replace it.

-Are the players lazy and unmotivated? If yes, replace them. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Cant give you a table shower or perform Asian, so i'll stick with an actual Korean.

Every once in a while people get comfortable with saying racist sh!t on the board and the ban hammer comes out really quick. Let's get back to your awful takes on JD and Corey Davis. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's a more reliable move. 

He's not as good as Scherff, but he's more durable (pre-Jets) and knows our playbook and system (or close enough).

A solid move at a vital need (O-line).

I think this move is fantastic. Excellent player but considering what RG was before on this team it is a very very significant upgrade. Improves both center and RT as well. Maybe we can even run up the middle. Zion in 2nd for center?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We get it you made your point over and over again. Don't have to keep doing it some of us are reading for NFL news in this thread.

I will crawl back into my cave until it’s safe to criticize JD again, if I’m not banned before then.

cheerio 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4