Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, I edited it because I meant to say Cotchery’s 2007 season, lol.  I did know he was drafted in 2004.

Ha good, because I went back and re-read your post (not realizing you had edited it) and was like “Ah, Mogglez didn’t say he was drafted in 2007, I should edit my post to reflect that” but then I said “**** it, Mogglez doesn’t expect me to be factual anyway.” 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The odds of finding a WR in the draft are no different than any other NFL franchise at the moment.  Joe Douglas is not the Jets' history.  

Keep taking WR's until you have a great WR room.  Period.  Ideally in that Rd 2-3 sweet spot where a lot of talented WR's can be found without the 1st round bust risk.

Good wrs change the game.  But teams with very expensive qbs get to the point where they can’t keep their mega expensive wrs as they approach 30.  But teams like miami and Las Vegas are right to think that the wrs they got can help them get to the next level.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, I edited it because I meant to say Cotchery’s 2007 season, lol.  I did know he was drafted in 2004.

Point was that @Rhg1084 WAS WRONG! Lol ?

Coles and Cotchery!

And I threw in Brad Smith because he DID HAVE OVER 1K yards in a season - Returning Kicks in 2010: 1432 yards!!!!

?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Guess we’re just gonna skip over Jerricho Cotchery 1,000 yard season in 2007?

I honestly forgot all about Cotchrey. Welp there ya have it the Jets are a WR factory and powerhouse! No need to bring in high profile guys like Tyreek Hill lol

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I honestly forgot all about Cotchrey. Welp there ya have it the Jets are a WR factory and powerhouse! No need to bring in high profile guys like Tyreek Hill lol

Your humility in admitting you were wrong suits you like a fine satin dress ?

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

We all know the best argument for avoiding WR's in the draft is to note that Mike Maccagnan sucked at his job, therefore why try again.  Just take a couple DT's and call it a day!

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We all know the best argument for avoiding WR's in the draft is to note that Mike Maccagnan sucked at his job, therefore why try again.  Just take a couple DT's and call it a day!

I’m just saying everyone loves “build thru the draft” except it never has worked for us lol… but you are right keep on trying it’s the only option we have right now anyway

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Hill was a 5th round draft pick.  He proves you can find excellent players later in the draft.  Longshot yes,  but not out of the realm of of possibility.

If he would have stayed at Oklahoma State he may have gone earlier,  but drafted out of Western Alabama. 

There is a sub 4.4 burner at 6'4 in this draft from North Dakota State.

One of the greats of all time came out of Mississippi Valley State,  Division 1-AA

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

One of the greats of all time came out of Mississippi Valley State,  Division 1-AA

I STILL woulda picked Al Toon before him!!! ?

and yes! Christian Watson is my fall back “plan D” if London, and yes even Burkes, is gone. We need a 6’3”+ WR to compliment our lollipop gang of current WRs

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I STILL woulda picked Al Toon before him!!! ?

and yes! Christian Watson is my fall back “plan D” if London, and yes even Burkes, is gone. We need a 6’3”+ WR to compliment our lollipop gang of current WRs

Toon was awesome.  Career cut way to short.  Walker was getting up there in age by then,  but what an unreal combo,  before the concussions.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

JD and the GM in KC may have pictures of each other not doing nice things.  They gave us LDT for nothing,  then cut the player we sent them and we resigned him.   Joe helped KC out to get KC the best deal possible,  knowing Hill wanted to go play in Florida.   HIll's  response here proves it.   The Jets were never going to be his destination.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

38E17F37-3CC3-450C-B91A-19B181A28809.png

They used us to drive up the compensation from Miami.  We were the suckers.  

the above is what i was asking about.  He chose Miami, so the tweet from Garafalo is not breaking news.  How would you know they used the Jets, especially when the Jets had a deal in place even before Miami got involved.  How do you know those details?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m just saying everyone loves “build thru the draft” except it never has worked for us lol… but you are right keep on trying it’s the only option we have right now anyway

You're spot on there.  That's a big reason why I have continued to believe in Joe Douglas even after some questionable results.  Because we have no other choice.  If he fails, i have zero faith that this franchise will ever be able to hire a quality GM under the Johnson's ownership.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Good wrs change the game.  But teams with very expensive qbs get to the point where they can’t keep their mega expensive wrs as they approach 30.  But teams like miami and Las Vegas are right to think that the wrs they got can help them get to the next level.  

Yeah.  And it's an AFC arms race right now, too.  You have to take a big swings or else you get left behind, at least in the short term.

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're spot on there.  That's a big reason why I have continued to believe in Joe Douglas even after some questionable results.  Because we have no other choice.  If he fails, i have zero faith that this franchise will ever be able to hire a quality GM under the Johnson's ownership.  

This is where I’m at, as well.

whatever you want to say about Douglas (and you can criticize plenty), he is basically doing things that Jets fans BEGGED Macc and Tanny to do for years:

He only makes trades that he feels he clearly won. He doesn’t overpay washed veterans in free agency. He hordes draft picks. He picks a lot of premium positions early in the draft. 

Whether his drafting will be good enough remains to be seen, but his plan has been very reasonable. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

12 teams were in on it and the Fins & Jets were the final 2:

Drew Rosenhaus said he had extensive talks with 12 teams, confirming it came down to Miami and Jets. Rosenhaus didn't say why Hill picked KC over the Jets, but he did praise Miami's front office, coaching staff and overall team outlook. Hill has a home in upstate Florida, he added. Rosenhaus said GM Joe Douglas was "phenomenal to deal with." Rosenhaus: "The Chiefs weren't trying to force Tyreek to one team or the other." He also confirmed the Jets' offer to KC had no bearing on Hill's decision.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_rich.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer37m ago

12 teams expressed interest but only the Jets and the Fish tendered offers. Moves like these require approval from the Guy on top. In the end it was only Chris Johnson and Stephen Ross that signed off. What is interesting was a report made by Mike Florio this afternoon on PFT PM that all 32 NFL Teams were contact regarding the trade of Hill starting over the weekend. And yet no one leaked out anything to the press until the final 6 hours preceding the announcement of the deal. The NFL can keep a secret when they want to.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Ya know, I don’t even know why I gave you the time of day just now.  This first sentence in your post says it all. 

Pretty friggin shameful take. 

Whatever, you prick. I don't care because Vick received a harsh punishment that was far above what he deserved.