Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

I cannot blame JD. I would have easily accepted the trade. Playing in Miami without certain taxes is more enticing. I will say this, Hill is going to underachieve in Miami. 

We must make a move for another receiver. I don’t even think DK is on the market but I will call and ask. They probably don’t want to deal with us but whatever ?

We need to support Wilson. Davis, Moore, Berrios is not enough. That simple. We need a bonafide #1 receiver! 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Lockett is a WR2 playing wiht Russel Wilson who had DK in front of him. You putting his stats does not make me think he would be nearly efficient for the Jets nor woudl we want to pay him WR1 money and Sea compensation for him. Also I dont think he is available.

So yeah Hot Pocket, Lockett is a WR2, we already have one.

He's outproduced Metcalf every year. And Lockett was the #1 WR based on every statistical comparison you want to bring up. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I cannot blame JD. I would have easily accepted the trade. Playing in Miami without certain taxes is more enticing. I will say this, Hill is going to underachieve in Miami. 

We must make a move for another receiver. I don’t even think DK is on the market but I will call and ask. They probably don’t want to deal with us but whatever ?

We need to support Wilson. Davis, Moore, Berrios is not enough. That simple. We need a bonafide #1 receiver! 

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Considering they have Jaylen Waddle and Gesicki, not much. 

You're comparing Apples to Oranges. Waddle, Hill and Gesicki are all better than any offensive player the Jets have and it's not close.  Try again

If you would trade Moore for Gesicki, you would not last long as an NFL GM.  Gesicki is an average TE at best who doesn't block and he has been in the league for 4 years, so he is what he is.  You would want a TE who gains 700 yards and scores 2 TDs over a WR with potential for 80-90 catches , 1000-1200 yards and 7-10 TDs?  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He surpassed 50 yds 4x the last 10 games he played in. 

How about Moore and Davis prove they can stay healthy before you put them ahead of anybody in this league? You dudes are ready to put Moore in the Hall of Fame off of 4 good games out of his 11 played.  Effing ridiculous

He surpassed it twice, at 51 and 54. And you’re ready to say he’s better than Moore who killed the last 4-5 games he played? Surpassing those 50 yard totals more times?

Corey Davis has played more than 1 year, you know and ask the Dolphins if they’d trade Gesicki for Elijah Moore. Gesicki isn’t even a real tight end. 

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I call BS on this post. It is the ultimate in hindsight.   Hill was a 5th round draft pick!  Who saw him as a star?  Adams was a 2nd round pick and did not break out until his 3rd season.  He was no can't miss player.  Hopkins was picked 27th and Tavon Austin was drafted ahead of him.  It was a weak WR draft.  None of these three players were can't miss prospects. Don't tell us you can tell who from this class is a future star and who is not. Yes, the draft is a crap shoot, as Illustrated by the three players you listed. But to say that there are no WRs in this draft who will be stars is just completely wrong.   And it is also wrong to state that the stars from this draft will be evident after the 2022 season.  It takes 2-3 years.  By the time Hill and Adams and Hopkins are at the end (Hopkins is already declining.  All three will likely be average or worse by 2024) , Moore and draft pick X could be current WR stars for the Jets.  

Cool. So once again I'm responding to a guy who's insisting we're taking a stud at 10 as if it's a given. 

My point is that's not anywhere near gauranteed and especially in this draft. Sure some guys might end up studs. Are we sure to draft one in the first round of this draft? Nah.

We had a chance to do that last year when there was an obvious stud wr but we needed a QB.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I call BS on this post. It is the ultimate in hindsight.   Hill was a 5th round draft pick!  Who saw him as a star?  Adams was a 2nd round pick and did not break out until his 3rd season.  He was no can't miss player.  Hopkins was picked 27th and Tavon Austin was drafted ahead of him.  It was a weak WR draft.  None of these three players were can't miss prospects. Don't tell us you can tell who from this class is a future star and who is not. Yes, the draft is a crap shoot, as Illustrated by the three players you listed. But to say that there are no WRs in this draft who will be stars is just completely wrong.   And it is also wrong to state that the stars from this draft will be evident after the 2022 season.  It takes 2-3 years.  By the time Hill and Adams and Hopkins are at the end (Hopkins is already declining.  All three will likely be average or worse by 2024) , Moore and draft pick X could be current WR stars for the Jets.  

Jets haven’t drafted a WR who’s had a 1000 yard season since Santana Moss 20 years ago!!!

26 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Life long jets fan... Not sure where you get your info from... Just because I live in Boston doesn't have anything to do with my sports allegence... Good try fool... Had season tickets section 137  since I was a young lad...

I am not the poser here sitting on other teams forums bashing them because your team is so boring that you can't even go on your own forum and talk about your own team. 

You’re a Pats fan.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hill will be taxed in every state in which he plays (as long as the state has any income tax).  It's up to his primary state, to give him a credit for it against his own taxes.  So even if he lives in Fla and his team is based there, he will still pay income tax in places like Mass, NJ, Cal.  

This whole state income tax thing as a deciding factor is total bullcrap.  

Not really, though.

Off the bat it’s half the games, and at this money it is millions right there.

Then all bonus money is just taxed based on his home team’s state, I’d guess.

You could be talking about upwards of 2/3 to 3/4 of his pay - at least over his first 2-3 guaranteed seasons - coming with 0% FL taxes. After that it’s at least 50/50 he’ll get released before contract year 4 anyway. That is, unless the team asks him to restructure before then (i.e. convert even more salary to signing bonus, which means more pay purely in FL).

If there’s a season where he’s getting $30MM and $25MM of it is paid out as bonus, then that $25MM plus his home games (~$2.5MM of the remaining 5) carries 0% state tax. That’d be 90% of that season with 0% state tax and the other 10% split among his road teams’ state tax rates.

Plus, as I mentioned earlier, local endorsements and appearances will also carry local income tax rates (0%) as well.

The disparity can be an enormous amount of money - perhaps upwards of $2-3MM/year counting his football and endorsement income - when you’re starting with his level of base pay rate.

Then I don’t know how he invests but he’d lose the growth (compounded) on that untaxed $ and any further interest or capital gains as well. One of our resident accountants can speak to that better than I, but I think I have this right.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not really, though.

You could be talking about upwards of 2/3 to 3/4 of his pay - at least over his first 2-3 guaranteed seasons - coming with 0% FL taxes. After that it’s at least 50/50 he’ll get released before contract year 4 anyway. That is, unless the team asks him to restructure before then (i.e. convert even more salary to signing bonus, which means more pay purely in FL).

If there’s a season where he’s getting $30MM and $25MM of it is paid out as bonus, then that $25MM plus his home games (~$2.5MM of the remaining 5) carries 0% state tax. That’d be 90% of that season with 0% state tax and the other 10% split among his road teams’ state tax rates.

Plus, as I mentioned earlier, local endorsements and appearances will also carry local income tax rates (0%) as well.

The disparity can be an enormous amount of money - perhaps upwards of $2-3MM/year counting his football and endorsement income - when you’re starting with his level of base pay rate.

well said. short version taxes suck and matter

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

We gotta manifest Deebo Samuel.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not really, though.

Also he lives in Miami in the off-season. 

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Cool. So once again I'm responding to a guy who's insisting we're taking a stud at 10 as if it's a given. 

My point is that's not anywhere near gauranteed and especially in this draft. Sure some guys might end up studs. Are we sure to draft one in the first round of this draft? Nah.

We had a chance to do that last year when there was an obvious stud wr but we needed a QB.

I agree it's not a given.  But I disagree that there are no stars to be drafted  in this draft and that was your original point.  What choice do the Jets have at this point?  I do not fault Douglas for passing on Cooper.  He is not that good.  Hill would have been interesting, but he didn't want to come here. I would not have paid Robinson either because of his age and his drop off this season, but he wouldn't come to the Jets after playing his entire career with inferior QBs.  And Adams wanted to play with Carr.  So what exactly did the Jets do wrong?  Nothing.   So you control what you can - the draft.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

How is it JD's fault that Seattle gave what they gave for him? Lol. 

It’s not his fault at all. But it does feel natural for the Seahawks to want to either A. Ask for more or B. Not want to work with us at all due to them getting dramatically worked in the Adams trade in hindsight

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I agree it's not a given.  But I disagree that there are no stars to be drafted  in this draft and that was your original point.  What choice do the Jets have at this point?  I do not fault Douglas for passing on Cooper.  He is not that good.  Hill would have been interesting, but he didn't want to come here. I would not have paid Robinson either because of his age and his drop off this season, but he wouldn't come to the Jets after playing his entire career with inferior QBs.  And Adams wanted to play with Carr.  So what exactly did the Jets do wrong?  Nothing.   So you control what you can - the draft.  

I said I don't see any. There's no obvious stud wr in this draft. That's all.

I'd try to draft 2 in the first two round if we don't get one somewhere else. Maybe we get lucky.

I agree with you about Cooper. It's a good sign Douglas was in on Hill.

Listen; Hill was never coming here and the Chiefs knew it.  Hill wanted to be in Miami and that is the end of the story.  The Chiefs were well aware we are in the market for a #1 receiver and we have a ton of draft assets.  They used us to drive up the compensation from Miami.  We were the suckers.  Hill had no intention of going to the Jets.  So, if you want to be mad at something, be mad at that.  How many times have we been played just to increase a trade status?  

43 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I would get excited about this but do we really think the Seahawks are going to do business with JD again after the Adams trade?

They would to get their first round pick back.  Metcalf for 10 or Lockett for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.  They may pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I would get excited about this but do we really think the Seahawks are going to do business with JD again after the Adams trade?

Neither will cost #10. So I don't think it matters. I would understand if it meant us trading back their pick.

DK is likely going to cost an early 2nd or late 1st. Locket probably a 3rd. If KC and GB are willing to give up one of those 1st rounders, we won't beat that. Both players are number 1 guys but they're not Tyreek Hill. That dude is unstoppable.

5 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

They would to get their first round pick back.  Metcalf for 10 or Lockett for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.  They may pull the trigger.

Would trade for Metcalf the same package or less that was offered to Chiefs... Not more... Hill is better then Metcalf... get real...

• Thumb Down 1