Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

13 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Listen; Hill was never coming here and the Chiefs knew it.  Hill wanted to be in Miami and that is the end of the story.  The Chiefs were well aware we are in the market for a #1 receiver and we have a ton of draft assets.  They used us to drive up the compensation from Miami.  We were the suckers.  Hill had no intention of going to the Jets.  So, if you want to be mad at something, be mad at that.  How many times have we been played just to increase a trade status?  

Yeah this sounds like exactly what happened. The Jets were never in the running and never had the ability to even up the ante if they wanted to. Hill wouldnt sign with the Jets making today pretty much pointless all around.

• Upvote 1

Would trade for Metcalf the same package or less that was offered to Chiefs... Not more... Hill is better then Metcalf... get real...

Jets were never going to get someone that did not want to be here. KC used the Jets as pawns.

DK will cost the Jets a first. That’s as real as it’s going to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Listen; Hill was never coming here and the Chiefs knew it.  Hill wanted to be in Miami and that is the end of the story.  The Chiefs were well aware we are in the market for a #1 receiver and we have a ton of draft assets.  They used us to drive up the compensation from Miami.  We were the suckers.  Hill had no intention of going to the Jets.  So, if you want to be mad at something, be mad at that.  How many times have we been played just to increase a trade status?  

I am not mad at all, just curious as to how you have so much detailed insight into this?  How do you know all these specifics? 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Lot of reasons I'm happy this didn't happen. F*ck Hill, F*ck the Phins. This guy can rot in hell.

- Beats his pregnant GF

- Beats his kid

- 35 and 38 are going to be 1st round caliber players

- 120m guaranteed, get out of here with that contract

In summary, f*ck Hill. I don't care if he's fast and can catch a football - I don't need to win that bad...

Not to mention he probably only has 2-3 years of high level production left.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Weird to specify latin women. NYC has beautiful women from every ethnic group x10 over Miami, including latin. And if you like seasons, the weather is just fine. Taxes? You got me there. And don't believe the fly-over zone hype about crime in NYC. It was very low and has climbed, but it's got nothing on Miami per capita. That place is a shooting gallery for drug lords.

Spoken like a true New Yorker.  Miami is the capital of the Caribbean with the most beautiful Latin women in the world.   NY smells like urine and is back to shootings in Times Square like it’s 1986. 

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

We made a division rival pay a heavy price. How does that make us suckers?

4 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

Spoken like a true New Yorker.  Miami is the capital of the Caribbean with the most beautiful Latin women in the world.   NY smells like urine and is back to shootings in Times Square like it’s 1986. 

5 people shot in Miami this weekend. But I’d pick the weather, beaches and no income tax too. Can’t blame him 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I hate to break the news to you, but dogs turn on people sometimes as well.  The daughter of a family friend of ours had her face mauled by a neighbor's pitbull for no reason.  Had to be put down.  There are stories every day of how dogs bite and attack people. Just like there are bad people, there are bad dogs.  How a thread about Hill became one about dogs, I have no idea.  

Of course there are bad dogs but that doesn’t mean it’s cool to make them fight to the f**king death.  

No, the thread should never have ended up in this direction, but someone just HAD to pop in and defend a dog killer for some ungodly reason. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, STLuLu said:

I don't care what animal he abused. Dude stood in front of the media and repented, took all that people throw at him like a man and was harassed for years (probably still is) including some racist stuff he didn't deserve. Still now people like you won't let it go as if you're without sin. I'm sure there's some dark stuff in your closet that you never want to get out. A lot of people did 10 times worse than him but were forgiven. Dante Stallworth killed a person while DUI yet he got to finish his NFL career in peace...didn't even have to give a public apology. 

By the way, yes some dogs are assholes because their owners are assholes. But there are some dogs that will attack you off GP just because of their breed. 

Its cool that he repented.  Doesn’t mean I had to root for the guy.  It shouldn’t be hard for people to realize something like that is wrong, or require jailtime to stop doing it.  It should be pretty friggin obvious.  

Whatever you think of the guy it’s what he’ll be remembered for first, regardless of how many people have forgiven him.  Oh well.  Maybe don’t have dogs fight to the death then only show remorse after serving time.  For 99+ % of people that kind of thing is unthinkable.  And for many who participate, I’m sure they know it’s wrong and just don’t care.  

I'd rather spend draft a WR at #10 then blow what Miami just did on Hill, and I don't particularly want a WR at #10. 

When Miami realizes that Tua isn't the guy they may wish they had that draft capital and cap space back.  

2 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

I'd rather spend draft a WR at #10 then blow what Miami just did on Hill, and I don't particularly want a WR at #10. 

When Miami realizes that Tua isn't the guy they may wish they had that draft capital and cap space back.  

They have two first rounders next year

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

What do you suppose the odds are we draft a WR as good as Tyreek Hill? I know Jets fans love their cap space but it doesn't win any games.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What do you suppose the odds are we draft a WR as good as Tyreek Hill? I know Jets fans love their cap space but it doesn't win any games.

We got 2 TE and a pro bowl guard for less money then he's getting, without it costing us any draft capital.  By your logic "what are the chances we draft a safety as good as Jamal Adams". 

2 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

How about this.

KC, one of the best run organizations in the league (and much better run than Miami), thought the draft picks and $30m/year was worth more than Tyreek Hill.  

KC doesn't have a QB on a rookie deal. They have Patrick Mahomes.

You have the freedom to spend money elsewhere when you have a rookie QB contract. Giving your 2nd year QB one of 5he best WRS in the game would be a great way to help him develop.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

How about this.

KC, one of the best run organizations in the league (and much better run than Miami), thought the draft picks and $30m/year was worth more than Tyreek Hill.  

No they don’t, they just can’t field a good team with 2 players taken up such a large % of their cap space. If tua ever has to be paid like Mahomes the dolphins will have same issue 

5 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

How about this.

Might have something to do with paying Mahomes 503 million

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its cool that he repented.  Doesn’t mean I had to root for the guy.  It shouldn’t be hard for people to realize something like that is wrong, or require jailtime to stop doing it.  It should be pretty friggin obvious.  

Whatever you think of the guy it’s what he’ll be remembered for first, regardless of how many people have forgiven him.  Oh well.  Maybe don’t have dogs fight to the death then only show remorse after serving time.  For 99+ % of people that kind of thing is unthinkable.  And for many who participate, I’m sure they know it’s wrong and just don’t care.  

Fighting the dogs was bad enough but Vick and his buddies tortured the ones who wouldn't fight. Electrocuted, drown (put in a pool with no way out), beat them to death. Lowlife scum.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Fighting the dogs was bad enough but Vick and his buddies tortured the ones who wouldn't fight. Electrocuted, drown (put in a pool with no way out), beat them to death. Lowlife scum.

But the poor guy had to answer some tough questions from the mean media!  What a hero!

Not too long after going on his little apology tour I heard he had gotten a pet dog.   Made my stomach turn.