Two interesting quotes from Thibodeaux...

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And again, how does that prove hes uncoachable?  How does that trump what his coaches have to say about him? 

As for the article, or podcast or better yet highlights from comments we cant even decide what it really means.  How can we when the quote above isnt even the entire quote and sounds completely different from what he actually said

Ok relax, hes coachable. Uncle! Jeez. 

It doesn't PROVE anything. I'm just looking at the thing he said. It sounds dumb and i'm saying- he's making himself sound like an uncoachable player. Which DO exist. Guys who think they donlt NEED coaching, like they can figure it out on their own, etc.  

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hard pass based on this tripe alone.

Why would you pass on a kid with this ability and confidence ? I think this kid is going to be an outright superstar and his confidence will be contagious on a team that really needs it. He is also pretty smart and will play like a man possessed for that second contract. I'm afraid he wont last until 4. I'm ok with this stuff as long as there are no off the field issues this is a no brainer pick IMHO

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

You may very well be right. If that’s the case take sauce at 4 and then at 10 take Jermaine Johnson if he’s still there. Otherwise draft a WR.

I have a feeling the Jets will trade up for a WR from Rd. 2. Seems like they really like Olave and Burks who are expected to be available a bit later in Rd. 1. JD seems to be the type to wait it out and move up once one of them starts to slide to the early twenties- probably Burks. 

14 hours ago, Vader said:

If he thinks pass rushing is chess maybe he’s overthinking it 

Regular chess or 4D chess? :D 

And chess with knives sounds good ... maybe he can sneak a bowling ball reference in there somewhere too. ;-)  

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ok relax, hes coachable. Uncle! Jeez. 

It doesn't PROVE anything. I'm just looking at the thing he said. It sounds dumb and i'm saying- he's making himself sound like an uncoachable player. Which DO exist. Guys who think they donlt NEED coaching, like they can figure it out on their own, etc.  

I didnt day that.  I asked a simple question. You said he isnt coachable, I asked why

Jeez is right 

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He may be right about the coaching bit.  Players get over coached in the nfl.  The biggest thing some of these kids do not realize about the jump to the nfl.  The worst guy you are going up against in the nfl is usually better than almost every one you face in college.

Disagree.

I have seen sooo many NFL defensive players not seem to understand a basic concept.

First guy to the ball carrier wraps up.  Second and/or third guy depending on the circumstances… try to knock the f*cking ball out of his arm.   

They teach that at the lowest level of football, and NFL players on many teams don’t seem to know that… because they aren’t coached to do it.   It is obvious to see which teams are and which aren’t.

6 hours ago, CSNY said:

Disagree. Kid thinks he knows everything but doesn’t know crap. How many of us knew everything there is too know about each of our chosen professions when we got our first jobs (and that what playing professional football is it’s a job). We all say that “ they gotta coach em up” but how are you going to “coach em up” if the player thinks he knows better and won’t listen to the coaches. He’s Not for me. Let him be someone’s else’s headache 

I think that’s a reasonable point of view, but honestly I see it in another light. Kid looks like he believes what he is saying, saying what he believes. Might be wrong, might be right, but certainly seems “ all in” on himself.

I feel too many times these guys are coached by agents to say the right things and that’s what they do and in most cases probably the right thing for them. This kid has already gone pass the “ show me don’t tell me part” and I honestly believe he shows out.

Now @Smashmouth made a great point that it might just be long enough for a second contract, but personally I’ll roll the dice on that one. Because that’s a start and it at least will be long enough to  to see if we got the answer in Zach.

I know we need weapons for Zach, but we also need guys to get the defense off the field on third downs so we aren’t playing two scores down by half time like majority of games last year. I think KT is one of those guys! 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Disagree.

I have seen sooo many NFL defensive players not seem to understand a basic concept.

First guy to the ball carrier wraps up.  Second and/or third guy depending on the circumstances… try to knock the f*cking ball out of his arm.   

They teach that at the lowest level of football, and NFL players on many teams don’t seem to know that… because they aren’t coached to do it.   It is obvious to see which teams are and which aren’t.

There is a difference between correcting obvious errors and making players totally change what made them successful college players in the first place.  Some coaches would have 'corrected' pat mahomes throwing motion.  We had our one dline coach who never let a player do  spin move. 

• Sympathy 1

Top 5 picks go two ways, hit big, contracts get extended…miss, and everyone gets fired. Right now the jury is still out on the QB and LT…questions galore. 
that said, how many non sack games does thibs get before the NY media starts calling him a bust and the fire JD articles start. Let him be somebody else’s headache…I’ll take Johnson or Karloftis at 10 thank you

On 4/13/2022 at 11:10 AM, NIGHT STALKER said:

"There's nothing a coach could tell me that I don't already know." - Kayvon Thibodeaux

That is a very concerning quote.  Anyone who says this is someone who I wouldn't draft, especially at #4. 

• Upvote 1

If you can get the consensus #1 overall prospect for most of the season — who is falling just because of a quote where the kid actually gives an unscripted answer to a question, and not because of any legit problems on or off the field — at #4 overall, that sounds like a W to me.

But if the GM is feeling risk-averse, he should take Sauce.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I think that’s a reasonable point of view, but honestly I see it in another light. Kid looks like he believes what he is saying, saying what he believes. Might be wrong, might be right, but certainly seems “ all in” on himself.

I feel too many times these guys are coached by agents to say the right things and that’s what they do and in most cases probably the right thing for them. This kid has already gone pass the “ show me don’t tell me part” and I honestly believe he shows out.

Now @Smashmouth made a great point that it might just be long enough for a second contract, but personally I’ll roll the dice on that one. Because that’s a start and it at least will be long enough to  to see if we got the answer in Zach.

I know we need weapons for Zach, but we also need guys to get the defense off the field on third downs so we aren’t playing two scores down by half time like majority of games last year. I think KT is one of those guys! 

Agree that we need excellent defensive players but if the player flat out states that there is nothing a coach an tell me that I don’t already know tells me that Thibs is going to freelance to pad his stat sheet try to get the headlines so he can promote his “brand”. He does this he hangs his other teammates out to dry as he won’t work within the system. He will be responsible for more big plays against the Jets than him making big game changing for the team. Plus I really don’t think he’s all that good. Pass on this Putz 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Why would you pass on a kid with this ability and confidence ? I think this kid is going to be an outright superstar and his confidence will be contagious on a team that really needs it. He is also pretty smart and will play like a man possessed for that second contract. I'm afraid he wont last until 4. I'm ok with this stuff as long as there are no off the field issues this is a no brainer pick IMHO

Agree. This is the type of player we'll regret passing on.

If he's there at 4, take him and don't look back.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Agree that we need excellent defensive players but if the player flat out states that there is nothing a coach an tell me that I don’t already know tells me that Thibs is going to freelance to pad his stat sheet try to get the headlines so he can promote his “brand”. He does this he hangs his other teammates out to dry as he won’t work within the system. He will be responsible for more big plays against the Jets than him making big game changing for the team. Plus I really don’t think he’s all that good. Pass on this Putz 

Well damn, haha. Give me a minute, 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Big difference from confidence to what Thibs said about coaches can’t teach me anything cause I know it all. And I just don’t think he’s all that 

11 hours ago, PepPep said:

While I agree about the results part, this is the OPPOSITE of what this regime wants in the locker room. They are changing the culture and even if they like KT, I think the more they hear stuff like this, the more its going to scare them away. They are looking for leaders, guys that buy in- team players, guys that are all effort, low character issues, etc., etc. KT has some of that but not a lot. 

I tend to agree but the Tyreek Hill pursuit made me think they are under the opinion that they now have enough high character guys, and recognize they need identity and juice.  Made me think that Saleh is the type of guy who thinks he can handle a guy like KT.  But if Saleh goes, or the Jets continue losing it won't go well.  High risk, high reward.

5 hours ago, CSNY said:

Big difference from confidence to what Thibs said about coaches can’t teach me anything cause I know it all. And I just don’t think he’s all that 

The Alabama quote was lame, but this one was taken out of context.  Think he was trying to say he is his worst critic.  He doesn't need the coaches to tell him when he screws up, he already knows it.  Think that quote is a nothingburger that was taken out of context.   

• Upvote 1

Now [mention=9504]Smashmouth[/mention] made a great point that it might just be long enough for a second contract, but personally I’ll roll the dice on that one. Because that’s a start and it at least will be long enough to  to see if we got the answer in Zach.
I think this is the first time i have disagreed with u at this level.

Dude seems like a locker room Nightmare and a complete ass.

If we take him and he dominates I will happily eat crow.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:10 AM, NIGHT STALKER said:

“Chess is life and chess is football. You talk about doing your first move, and your first move is going to set up your second move, then your third move ahead,” he said. “When you talk about pass rush, I’m going to hit you with speed first. I always hit you with speed, speed, speed. That’s going to set up my power moves, and then my power moves are going to set up my counter.” – Kayvon Thibodeaux

And then there is this...

"There's nothing a coach could tell me that I don't already know." - Kayvon Thibodeaux

I'm just glad I'm not making the decision to take or pass on this guy.

There’s no in between for this guy. either total bust or he’s legit going straight to the Hall

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

The Alabama quote was lame, but this one was taken out of context.  Think he was trying to say he is his worst critic.  He doesn't need the coaches to tell him when he screws up, he already knows it.  Think that quote is a nothingburger that was taken out of context.   

Not buying this point of view at all To my knowledge he hasn’t adjusted his comments or said I made a mistake or I am my own worst critic or tried to walk back any comments. He said point blank that he doesn’t need a coach since he knows it all My opinion is he is a coach killer and has all the earmarks of a Locker room lawyer

he’s not that good 

Pass on this Putz 

7 hours ago, CSNY said:

People say stupid things all the time. In respect to the position, there are only so many moves you can learn, mixing those up to confuse a LT or RT is certainly not rocket science and maybe that's the direction he was going with that comment. He's still going to have to learn a new defense and adjust to playing against the best of the best in NFL tackles as compared to College tackles so I'm sure he knows there will be a learning curve 

49 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not buying this point of view at all To my knowledge he hasn’t adjusted his comments or said I made a mistake or I am my own worst critic or tried to walk back any comments. He said point blank that he doesn’t need a coach since he knows it all My opinion is he is a coach killer and has all the earmarks of a Locker room lawyer

he’s not that good 

Pass on this Putz 

Screenshot_20220414-204030.png

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

People say stupid things all the time. In respect to the position, there are only so many moves you can learn, mixing those up to confuse a LT or RT is certainly not rocket science and maybe that's the direction he was going with that comment. He's still going to have to learn a new defense and adjust to playing against the best of the best in NFL tackles as compared to College tackles so I'm sure he knows there will be a learning curve 

Still not buying this point of view. If what your saying is true just come out and say    “ I have plenty to learn “ , have to learn new defense, going up against the best of the best will be a challenge but I am looking forward to it. He did not say anything like that at all because he is a know it all since he knows the technique 

Hes not the good 

Greg Cosell: Thibodeaux is a better run defender than you think, but is somewhat stiff as a pass rusher. Can’t flatten out after running the arc. Could see him moving inside at some point. Reminded Cosell very much of Jadeveon Clowney. Similarly disenchanted with Hutchinson as an athlete, but thinks Hutchinson will be a good all-around player even if he’s not getting sacks.

Cosell loves Jermaine Johnson, however, and thinks he could eventually be the best EDGE to come out of this class. Still learning the position, but played well in his snaps at UGA, then dommed play in/play out at FSU. 

Also loves Ojabo, thinks he has the chance to be better than Hutchinson. Concerns about the injury, obviously, but if healthy has elite tools

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/greg-cosell-top-edge-rushers-in-the-2022-nfl-draft/id638447093?i=1000557661730

On 4/13/2022 at 8:10 AM, NIGHT STALKER said:

“Chess is life and chess is football. You talk about doing your first move, and your first move is going to set up your second move, then your third move ahead,” he said. “When you talk about pass rush, I’m going to hit you with speed first. I always hit you with speed, speed, speed. That’s going to set up my power moves, and then my power moves are going to set up my counter.” – Kayvon Thibodeaux

And then there is this...

I'm just glad I'm not making the decision to take or pass on this guy.

The old Chess analogy is so tired and played out.

The Office Bitch Please GIF

33 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I read it as when he screws up he knows what he did. 

If he is all knowing he shouldn’t be screwing up. He should know better. If he listens to staff , accept the teachings which they are trying to instill in him to make him a better player he wouldn’t be screwing up 
Would love to see him say to Parcells,Belicheat or even Middleton  when they try and correct a mistake he makes “coach I know everything so save it “ He wouldn’t be allowed back in room to They would clean out his locker and mail the contents to him or put it to the curb outside of the facility 

Plus he’s not that good