Woody Johnson Tweets!

Bronx

Not gonna lie, on draft day, I remember being so excited drafting Justin miller. Prob most excited I had been over any player. Thought we got an absolute steal. Some others that had me pumped on draft day, revis, mangold, Darnold, Santana moss. 

been seriously following the team since 01ish, thinking about all the drafts, not a ton of players really had me pumped. It still feels to this day that most of the time, I felt we should have taken someone else. I’m mostly talking about first rounders here but I feel like from around the Vernon gholston pick and on, I’ve been either disappointed or not impressed.

24 minutes ago, section314 said:

3 older to start……Bob Crable, Lance Mehl, Al Toooooonn. Honestly thought Crable was gonna be great. 

More recently……..Mangold, Jericho Cotchery , Leonard Williams. Honestly, wish we still had him.

I had forgotten about Cotchery. I also got excited by Brad Smith - I thought he was Lamar Jackson before I knew what Lamar Jackson was. He never got a chance to play  QB, which I thought and still think was criminal.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Marvin Jones.  
Not saying he became what was expected or the best pick, but was my favorite because I was at FSU that year and he was a legend at FSU at the time. I remember being ridiculously stoked when they called his name.

I was at FSU then as well

• Upvote 1

I don't have a favorite. Usually, I’m disappointed with the selection and my disappointment gets justified over time. The times I’ve agreed with picks, the player also busts. So is life when your team consistently draft bad players.

So far AVT is the one time I’m like go get him and it has worked out. So far at least. Zach Wilson was also my QB1. But so far, he’s been not so good.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

lol  I could watch that flick every day.  So many memorable and hysterical scenes.  The final dance sequence is, no doubt, one of film's greatest moments.

dance-slide.gif

Dude LMFAO!

The good part about having kids is you get the check stuff like this out!

It's literally one of my favorite movies of all time, cuz Uncle Rico is ruining our lives and eating all our steak lol.

In fact my favorite scene is when Uncle Rico throws the steak and hits Napoleon in his face ?

It's a tough movie to read the first time you watch it ...kind of like Time Bandits, or Pee Wee's Big adventure.

Movies like that you don't know what you're watching till you ingest and digest the whole thing.

Funniest of all one of my 12 year old twin sons actually talks and then runs away without moving his arms just like Napoleon Dynamite!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

The most exciting moment was when the TV announcers confirmed  we had traded up to 5 with Cleveland, to take Sanchez. There was talk the Jets might move up but it seemed unlikely. I don't think the crowd in Radio City were expecting it either, because the place went wild.

When they cut to shots of Sanchez on his phone, and a house full of guests celebrating in the background, that was a genuine goose bumps moment.

Yeah it is one of my most vivid draft moments as well. Darnold wasn't a surprise after Cleveland took Mayfield but Sanchez was a total surprise and the reaction was just all sorts of awesome.

• Sympathy 1