Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It’s the start of training camp, not much different from other teams. Offense typically behind the defense.

You are generally correct, but I don't think using the Giants is a good example because they literally have a brand new coaching staff in place, the Jets staff has been in place since last year. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

ZW really needs to be consistent. We cannot have this type of sh*tty ass offense in the regular season. 

Fair, and I think that's what this season is all about. To see if he can put in the consistency that the position demands.  We'll have a much better idea by end of the season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Link to CBA text please, specifically citing first day in pads, supporting your claim. 

Thanks.

Following the five-day on-field acclimation period, two-a-day practices shall be permitted, subject to the following rules: (i) players may be on the field for a total of no more than four hours per day; (ii) players may participate in no more than one padded practice per day, which shall be no longer than 2.5 hours of on-field activities; (iii) there must be at least a 90 minute interval between practices; and (iv) the second practice on the same day may only be for a maximum of the remaining four-hour on-field time, and shall be limited to only walk-through instruction and drills and plays conducted at an acceptable walkthrough pace.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/PDFs/CBA/March-15-2020-NFL-NFLPA-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-Final-Executed-Copy.pdf

page 162

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I've shared the story about Florida vs. LSU in the swamp, Gators scored what should be the game tying TD, whole stadium screaming, Eddy, Eddy, Eddy!, he comes in all fired up and proceed to miss the extra point and the Gators lost by 1.

lol, brutal.

Zuerlein is so fine!

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Following the five-day on-field acclimation period, two-a-day practices shall be permitted, subject to the following rules: (i) players may be on the field for a total of no more than four hours per day; (ii) players may participate in no more than one padded practice per day, which shall be no longer than 2.5 hours of on-field activities; (iii) there must be at least a 90 minute interval between practices; and (iv) the second practice on the same day may only be for a maximum of the remaining four-hour on-field time, and shall be limited to only walk-through instruction and drills and plays conducted at an acceptable walkthrough pace.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/PDFs/CBA/March-15-2020-NFL-NFLPA-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-Final-Executed-Copy.pdf

page 162

Thank you.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/23/section/7 is also a good source, this link is the entire section in question, for those interested.

Rest of the day? They had two total cracks at it. How long was practice? An hour and 15 minutes? Very strange. You can’t expect the QB to get better without reps. Starting to get some major concerns with Saleh.

So, just to make sure I understand, your complaint is that Saleh didn't drill Zach at QB with reps for the entire 2.5 allowable hours on the first day of pads-on practice, is that accurate?

Going forward, is it then your view that Zach should be drilled at QB for the maximum length of allowable CBA time each day?  And that any deviation from that is Saleh being "soft"?

Do we have an independent source on how long practice actually was today?

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Thank you.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/23/section/7 is also a good source, this link is the entire section in question, for those interested.

So, just to make sure I understand, your complaint is that Saleh didn't drill Zach at QB with reps for the entire 2.5 allowable hours on the first day of pads-on practice, is that accurate?

Going forward, is it then your view that Zach should be drilled at QB for the maximum length of allowable CBA time each day?  And that any deviation from that is Saleh being "soft"?

Thanks again.

Bringing along a young QB requires everyone to be all in with it. Wilson needs reps more than anything. If that means longer practices or repeat reps then the veterans should get why they’re doing it. You only get 16 total padded practices in preseason. Every minute counts. This dates back to last year when it felt camp practices were short. You can’t cut corners in football. 

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I can't believe I'm helping this troll out...but....here it is.  Nevertheless, it would be wise to slowly work these guys in.  If they went the full 2.5 hours in pads today and someone got hurt on the last play, his angle would be Saleh is horrible for making them practice so long.

Just ignore the troll.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/23/section/7

How is this trolling? Facts are trolling? Gee whiz what a baby.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I can't believe I'm helping this troll out...but....here it is.  Nevertheless, it would be wise to slowly work these guys in.  If they went the full 2.5 hours in pads today and someone got hurt on the last play, his angle would be Saleh is horrible for making them practice so long.

Just ignore the troll.

https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/23/section/7

I don't think Matt is a troll, for the record.  I just think he is very old-school, and thinks the players should be reliving 1970's type Training Camps.  That is a somewhat common mindset here I think.

I tend to agree with you IJ, I don't think Saleh and the Jets are out of the current norms for managing Training Camp time and reps.  First day in pads, I expect shorter/less aggressive practices, and I'd generally guess thats what most of the NFL does.

Do we have any Pats Fans around?  How long was their practice today (if today was their first day in pads too), and how long did their QB get drilled?  Comparison always helps, and the Pats are a good starting point.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

How is this trolling? Facts are trolling? Gee whiz what a baby.

Every post in this thread and just about every other post you make is some complaint.

troll is troll and you're a troll.

It is what it is.  That's why I just generally scroll right past your posts.

Enjoy being miserable...you do you

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Defense was offsides and everyone pulled up as a result

All seriousness.  Are you there with the press?  or part of the team in some way? with access beyond the vast majority of the folks here?

Your full commitment to Mike White seems like it must come from more than the 2 games the rest of of saw him play or knowledge of the level at which the DL pulled up - effecting the outcome of the play - surely seems like something I can't tell from a Connor Hughes Tweet.

Seriously, this is not meant to be facetious but rather a serious question - you often do seem like you have inside knowledge.