Mims requested a Trade

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

4-13

2-14

7-9

This is at least year three of the rebuild.  Yeah 2 AG. (after gase).

If this team wins less than 8 games this is a failure.

This is the last time I am getting into this. The ground up rebuild started when they decided to trade Darnold and reset again.  That was April of 2021.  So we are in month 16 of this rebuild.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Put another way, GB has, by many accounts a very bad receiving corps this year. How many people really think that Aaron Rodgers is going to look like a bad (or even mediocre) QB this year?

Excellent point.  And of course Rodgers is still going to put up very good numbers.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The 2020 draft Joe Douglas first draft was a complete dissaster.  I'll take it a step further.  He was hired right after the 2019 season in June.  Typically GM's are brought in after the season in January just months before their first draft.   He had more time than any rookie GM to rebuild the scout team, evaluate the teams needs and prepare for the 2020 draft.  

In that draft there were 5 players who have made the pro bowl.  3 after we picked.  There are 3 in the second round and 2 in the third round.   In last years draft their are 6 players who made the pro bowl after we picked including a QB.  

I like Douglas, but the results so far aren't great.   Last years and this years draft class has to be great.  Saleh has to be a home run.  By home run I mean develop players and coach players to play at a very high level.  Scheme and adjust to win games based on opponents and tape and build a staff that if it's any good will be raided every year of talent.  To date we've seen no indication on any of it.

This is a huge year for Douglas and Saleh.  

Adam Gase was here for 2 years w/ 2 different GM's, oversaw 2 drafts and the NY Jets netted, Quinnen Williams and Bryce Hall.  He was an unmitigated disaster!  It's going to take years to remove his stench.  

The JD/Saleh combo looks legit drafting.  They had a fantastic free agency.  They clearly know how to identify/acquire talent and build a team the right way, they just have a major wild card that could be a big damper on things in Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m not confused.  Great orgs find someone to be their HC and recognize that in his first season they had absolutely nothing to work with and no one would have done anything with the roster.  They don’t make the HC a scape goat and fire him immediately.  

Unless they aren't making him a scapgoat and after careful anaylisis recognize they hired the wrong person.   

It's possible that the roster wasn't that good and Saleh actually is in over his head.  They aren't mutually exclusive.  It's very possible the Jets organization is a turd and Woody will tolerate it for another year or two because  he's Woody.  

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Adam Gase was here for 2 years w/ 2 different GM's, oversaw 2 drafts and the NY Jets netted, Quinnen Williams and Bryce Hall.  He was an unmitigated disaster!  It's going to take years to remove his stench.  

The JD/Saleh combo looks legit drafting.  They had a fantastic free agency.  They clearly know how to identify/acquire talent and build a team the right way, they just have a major wild card that could be a big damper on things in Zach Wilson.

Adam Gase didn't over see any draft.  The first draft it's clear as a bell Gase wasn't even in the room.  It's one of the reasons Mac was fired.   Douglas with or without Gase's imput traded Adams before Saleh was ever hired.   That trade set up the last two drafts.  So far the results of last years draft hinges on Wilson and this years draft on paper looks very good.  

Saleh wasn't here when Adams was traded, Gase was. 

Nice post, irrelevant but nice.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He requested that they trade or release him.  Seems like a very reasonable request.  The Jets staff hasn't been able to develop him and clearly don't like that he hasn't bought into camp positive vibes after working like a dog to get himself ready to play as both a WR and on special teams.  If the Jets are going to put him on the shelf it's a low class act.  Either trade him or release him..

Who cares that he got himself into shape?  What should that get him?  A place over who?  He has been given a chance to earn the 5th WR spot.  He’s going into his 3rd season and off of what he’s put on tape doesn’t deserve to play over Moore, Davis, Wilson or Berrios.  Earn a spot over any of those ahead of him by proving yourself and shut up. 

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Adam Gase didn't over see any draft.  The first draft it's clear as a bell Gase wasn't even in the room.  It's one of the reasons Mac was fired.   Douglas with or without Gase's imput traded Adams before Saleh was ever hired.   That trade set up the last two drafts.  So far the results of last years draft hinges on Wilson and this years draft on paper looks very good.  

Saleh wasn't here when Adams was traded, Gase was. 

Nice post, irrelevant but nice.  

Gase controlled both drafts.  They squarely fall on his shoulders.  Saleh/JD combo is good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares that he got himself into shape?  What should that get him?  A place over who?  He has been given a chance to earn the 5th WR spot.  He’s going into his 3rd season and off of what he’s put on tape doesn’t deserve to play over Moore, Davis, Wilson or Berrios.  Earn a spot over any of those ahead of him by proving yourself and shut up. 

We agree.  There's no spot for him on the Jets.  He wants a chance somewhere else.  Why should he shut up.  He wants out of a situation where he can't compete.

The Jets and Jet Nut thinks he sucks and doesn't deserve a spot.  Move on.  Don't put him on a shelf.  

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Gase controlled both drafts.  They squarely fall on his shoulders.  Saleh/JD combo is good.

Last years squad had 1 pro bowl player.  Guess what year he came to the Jets.  To date the most successful player the Jets have drafted under Douglas in terms of actual on field productivity is Becton.   :(

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, varjet said:

Yes, the agent did say all the right things, but I wonder if it was sincere or if this was just a giant plot to get Mims out of Florham Park.  

I don’t disagree, but you can try to get that to happen many different ways, and I think he seems to be going about it the right way.

I never wanted to draft Mims.  But I can't help feeling disappointed in this outcome, not just in Mims himself, but in the team.

As valid as Mims not getting much live-fire playing time may be, it does feel that he was asked to do things he wasn't drafted to do (i.e. learn all the routes for every receiver position) and expected to live up to Saleh's expectations, and sicne he clearly couldn't, we never truly got to see how he could play in real games that count, except in a few spotty circumstances.  Seeing Cole play over Mims is still laughable as JAG-y as Cole is/was.  I still support the "earn your playing time" concept, but it feels a little like Mims started behind and never got a real chance.  And he really was "the last regimes" guy, not a Saleh guy.

Shame, he has all the potential in the world.  It's a disappointment out staff couldn't find a way to make use of it or to motivate him. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Last years squad had 1 pro bowl player.  Guess what year he came to the Jets.  To date the most successful player the Jets have drafted under Douglas in terms of actual on field productivity is Becton.   :(

Berrios is the only thing that Gase provided that we can be thankful for, otherwise, ruined this franchise for a years.   Becton is a bust and it's all Gase is fault.  AVT is a future pro-bowler and it's all Saleh's doing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Post UK Woody is a top owner in this league.  Hes been wonderful and has given Joe and Robert everything they have asked for.  You guys keep living in the past and hammering Pre UK Woody.  He doesnt exist anymore.  

We are lucky to have Post UK Woody as our owner.  

OK Woody!

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

We don't know that yet.

True, jury still out but I like the early returns.  While having very little talent, they had a great draft their first year together and doubled the win from the pervious year of the Gase disaster fest w/ a rookie QB and the youngest team in the NFL.  Followed it up with a great FA, a very sexy draft,...definitely feels a lot better than when Gase was drowning this organization to the bottom of the ocean and having the second lowest win total in the history of the franchise. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The 2020 draft Joe Douglas first draft was a complete dissaster.  I'll take it a step further.  He was hired right after the 2019 season in June.  Typically GM's are brought in after the season in January just months before their first draft.   He had more time than any rookie GM to rebuild the scout team, evaluate the teams needs and prepare for the 2020 draft.  

In that draft there were 5 players who have made the pro bowl.  3 after we picked.  There are 3 in the second round and 2 in the third round.   In last years draft their are 6 players who made the pro bowl after we picked including a QB.  

I like Douglas, but the results so far aren't great.   Last years and this years draft class has to be great.  Saleh has to be a home run.  By home run I mean develop players and coach players to play at a very high level.  Scheme and adjust to win games based on opponents and tape and build a staff that if it's any good will be raided every year of talent.  To date we've seen no indication on any of it.

This is a huge year for Douglas and Saleh.  

But but it'll take another decade until we can begin to even think about making playoffs as a 7 seed. It's all Mike Maccagnan and Adam Gase's fault. Lucky for us we have Bob and Joe. Together B&J will make the Jets a hard team to beat for years to come. 

#ITSYEARNUMBERTWO

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

A true businessman would NEVER have turned a 4-5 billion dollar asset over to his unaccomplished brother.

Saleh looks shaky.... JD looks average at best until we turn the corner.

Did the Jets appreciate in value while Chris was in charge?  Yes, so pretty smart business move.  Plus giving it to someone he trusts will not screw him.  Brilliant!

But you're a CPA.  You knew this.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m not confused.  Great orgs find someone to be their HC and recognize that in his first season they had absolutely nothing to work with and no one would have done anything with the roster.  They don’t make the HC a scape goat and fire him immediately.  

Your are conflating the specific and the general.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I never wanted to draft Mims.  But I can't help feeling disappointed in this outcome, not just in Mims himself, but in the team.

As valid as Mims not getting much live-fire playing time may be, it does feel that he was asked to do things he wasn't drafted to do (i.e. learn all the routes for every receiver position) and expected to live up to Saleh's expectations, and sicne he clearly couldn't, we never truly got to see how he could play in real games that count, except in a few spotty circumstances.  Seeing Cole play over Mims is still laughable as JAG-y as Cole is/was.  I still support the "earn your playing time" concept, but it feels a little like Mims started behind and never got a real chance.  And he really was "the last regimes" guy, not a Saleh guy.

Shame, he has all the potential in the world.  It's a disappointment out staff couldn't find a way to make use of it or to motivate him. 

dude sucks at route running and the offensive system is relying on timing and crisp routes. what do you want the coaching staff to do with him?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We got a 4th for Herndon, a 6th for Blake Cashman.  Jet fans think we are just going to release mimsy and get nothing for him.  My goodness.............

I bet his value will go up a round if we stop calling him “Mimsy.”

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Berrios is the only thing that Gase provided that we can be thankful for, otherwise, ruined this franchise for a years.   Becton is a bust and it's all Gase is fault.  AVT is a future pro-bowler and it's all Saleh's doing.

LOL worthy.   Gase wrote the Jets draft board and actually draft picks because we all know that Gase is a master ventriliquest and Douglas is wooden pupett.  

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

dude sucks at route running and the offensive system is relying on timing and crisp routes. what do you want the coaching staff to do with him?

If he couldn’t make an impact with one of the 4 QBs last season and after the WR room was decimated… although, I will say there’s a lot more precedent for WRs suddenly “clicking” after a couple years than a QB so I guess there’s that?

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

then what is the explanation for the last 4-5 games of the year where he showed absolutely no interest getting off the line at the snap of the ball and overall play appeared as if he could care less.

Now i know the above is a personal take and i am certainly not a football coach but the vast majority of posters here seem to share a similar view.

That does not make a single one of us right - but at some point the eyes see what they see. 

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Gase is to Berrios as Kotite is to Chrebet

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There are numerous companies that have talented people where management doesn't have the time or inclination to develop the talent and instead of recoginizing they can't train people at low pay and pay people who can already do the job they blame the employee.   The fault usually falls on management who make excuses like they weren't positive enough or can't get along or blah, blah, blah.

NFL GM's don't draft players in a vacuum.  Companies don't hire employees in a vacuum. They have reems of data, interviews, combines, HR departments, background checks, coaches to speak with, etc., etc., etc.  NFL teams will have players with all kinds of personalalities which management has to deal with and turn into a winning team.  

These excuses of blaming a young player or employee of destroying the organization is in most casses ass backwards.  

Union organizer?

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

If he couldn’t make an impact with one of the 4 QBs last season and after the WR room was decimated… although, I will say there’s a lot more precedent for WRs suddenly “clicking” after a couple years than a QB so I guess there’s that?

He can be successful in the right system but he had no chance in the one the Jets are running.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

He can be successful in the right system but he had no chance in the one the Jets are running.

Well elite QBs also have a way of making JAGs look serviceable so if he lands on say… Green Bay… it wouldn’t surprise me.