PFF Receiving Grade: 70.4

QB Rating When Targeted: 74.9

Catch %: 52.3

Mims 2021:

PFF Grade: 48.7

PFF Receiving Grade: 51.3

QB Rating When Targeted: 66.3

Catch%: 34.8

So, what you're saying is, Sam Darnold throws a more catchable ball than Zach Wilson.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

There’s literally no chance this happens 

Dude will be out of the league within two years.

Plenty of bust WR’s have been chosen in the 2nd round. Why so many Jets fans flatout refuse to acknowledge Mims as one of them is beyond me.

See 1st round busts regarding QB’s.

Looking at you #2

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I would not be suprised if Mims does well elsewhere, but this is best for all parties. He seemed to get off on the wrong foot from the start with this coaching staff and sometimes personalities just don't mesh well. I can't blame the guy for wanting to actually play with the starters. 

The 2020 draft looks worse by the day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Mims will be a guy that shines on another team, they say it takes 2-3 years to see what a player really is, he wasn’t a player jets should’ve drafted he was developmental at best, but that wide receiver class was not very good outside off Jefferson and maybe 1 other receiver that got picked early in the 1st round plus with no actually meetings I can see why they drafted him 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

No team in their right mind would offer a damn thing for him, considering he's highly questionable to even make the roster.

The best they could hope for is one of those meaningless trades this time of year done in order to skip waiver order, like a conditional 7th or swap for another team's own bust about to be cut.

He and his agent probably would've been better served keeping their mouths shut for just one more week.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Sure - but which WR should be starting over? Which WR should he be taking reps from? 

I never said he deserved to play with the starters, but the guy is a professional athlete and he's got a competitive attitude. If some other team thinks they can get something out of him, so be it. The Jets staff has clearly offered their opinion on Mims. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I would not be suprised if Mims does well elsewhere, but this is best for all parties. He seemed to get off on the wrong foot from the start with this coaching staff and sometimes personalities just don't mesh well. I can't blame the guy for wanting to actually play with the starters. 

The 2020 draft looks worse by the day. 

Yes I think the heart of it is this. I have said it before Mims reminds me a lot of Braylon Edwards. He is shy and introverted and a little different than most of the "throw me the damn ball" WR out there. His personality just did not mesh with our coaching staff from Day 1. We forced him to learn things he was not good at and still think there is more to the illness last year than has been released. He showed a lot of potential under Gase. I have no ill will I hope he does well wherever he goes. I think in some ways this reflects poorly on our coaching as much as Mims himself. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yes I think the heart of it is this. I have said it before Mims reminds me a lot of Braylon Edwards. He is shy and introverted and a little different than most of the "throw me the damn ball" WR out there. His personality just did not mesh with our coaching staff from Day 1. We forced him to learn things he was not good at and still think there is more to the illness last year than has been released. He showed a lot of potential under Gase. I have no ill will I hope he does well wherever he goes. I think in some ways this reflects poorly on our coaching as much as Mims himself. 

GIF by Bounce

• Upvote 4

Just now, southparkcpa said:

You guys dont get it… Douglas strategy is draft a 1st or 2nd rounder, they bust, THEN get a 7th for him.  

Thank you Joe Douglas, Thank you.  It’s happening Jets fans.  

The ol' get something for nothing that was something before its fully nothing. Genius.

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I never said he deserved to play with the starters, but the guy is a professional athlete and he's got a competitive attitude. If some other team thinks they can get something out of him, so be it. The Jets staff has clearly offered their opinion on Mims. 

Perhaps - but there’s something off mentally with Mims. 

He was tied for 3rd in the league among WRs with 5 penalties last year, despite only playing in 279 offensive snaps (126th in the league). Think about that. That’s actually hard to do. And he picked up right where he left off last year this preseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Mims will be a guy that shines on another team, they say it takes 2-3 years to see what a player really is, he wasn’t a player jets should’ve drafted he was developmental at best, but that wide receiver class was not very good outside off Jefferson and maybe 1 other receiver that got picked early in the 1st round plus with no actually meetings I can see why they drafted him 

Lamb, Jefferson, Jeudy, Pittman' Higgins, Aiyuk...ya there was no one in that class...

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Yay!!!

I didn't like this guy from the get-go. He has a bad attitude. Anybody who's ever worked a labor job or an office job where a guy says I didn't make the crumbs on the table I ain't cleaning it off, that's exactly what you're looking at here ....Neon Dion. Outdated attitude.

If I'm JD I would just release his ass... Let him float around for 2 years on five different teams for a few preseasons and then he'll be out of the league. He doesn't have what it takes plain and simple.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Yay!!!

I didn't like this guy from the get-go. He has a bad attitude. Anybody who's ever worked a labor job or an office job where a guy says I didn't make the crumbs on the table I ain't cleaning it off, that's exactly what you're looking at here ....Neon Dion. Outdated attitude.

If I'm JD I would just release his ass... Let him float around for 2 years on five different teams for a few preseasons and then he'll be out of the league. He doesn't have what it takes plain and simple.

JDs draft record is so shattered he can’t do that without a full confession that his drafts are below average.   He is invested in this POS.    Thank you JD.  Thank you.    

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Perhaps - but there’s something off mentally with Mims. 

He was tied for 3rd in the league among WRs with 5 penalties last year, despite only playing in 279 offensive snaps (126th in the league). Think about that. That’s actually hard to do. And he picked up right where he left off last year this preseason. 

Maybe there is, but its hard for me to judge something like that one way or another. 

50 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I were Mims, I don't think I would have requested a trade.  He is likely to be waived and then either get claimed by another team or become a free agent, where he at least has some control over where he might go. 

No reason to request the trade, he will probably be somewhere else soon.

I think he requested a trade to let other teams bid for him... He thinks he has value. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, freestater said:

2020 draft, amirite?

I love most of what JD has done since, except whiffing on some of his 1 yr stopgaps (Perriman, Jarrad Davis, etc).  And to be fair, moving on from Sam and drafting Zach were the right decisions.  Zach was pretty much everyone’s choice at #2.

But JD deserves to be whipped with a bamboo stick for the 2020 draft.  Horrible player evaluations and decisions.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like mimsy.  Ive held out hope it would turn around but its over now.  Get a couple orange gatorades for him and move on.

The problem is no matter how good you are, in lafluers scheme, that is run by a ton of teams, is that a skill position player has to make a read on a single route and depending on what the read is, he may have to change his route... He was not reliably making the correct read... Hence why they were saying last year he couldn't be trusted... 

After that he was then outplayed by various quicker and more reliable players 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like mimsy.  Ive held out hope it would turn around but its over now.  Get a couple orange gatorades for him and move on.

I guess.  Very sad though.

Jets are a pathetic franchise.

Zero accountability for failing to develop a guy with legit traits.

They’d rather slum it with sub-JAG level dudes for depth like Jeff Smith.

I guess everything is merit-based unless you’re talking the QB position and the pre-anointed one, Zachary Kapono Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, this just lowered whatever trade value he had

They said this about Adams too when he went public and made a complete a$$ of himself....and we got two 1st rd picks. 

All this is going to do is isolate him in the reciever room and amongst teammates who now hear publically he doent want to be a part of what appears to be a close knit team. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The problem is no matter how good you are in lafluers scheme that is run by a ton of teams is that a skill position player has to make a read on a single route and depending on what the read is, he may have to change his route... He was not reliably making the correct read... Hence why they were saying last year he couldn't be trusted... 

After that he was then outplayed by various quicker and more reliable players 

When it’s obvious from the jump the coaching staff is down on you and has zero invested in your success, I imagine that’s a difficult thing to overcome.

Mims‘ confidence looks shot at this point.

He needs a coaching staff that believes in him and is willing to give him a good faith opportunity.

Wouldn’t shock me at all if we see him sign with NE and start catching TDs.

The Jets just super suck at developing WRs.

They are the anti-Steelers

• Thumb Down 3