Mims requested a Trade

Just my view Moss and Coles were well beyond average and we should have had both of them playing at the same time.
It's a good view .. shows how crappy our teams front office was .. both guys had breakout years before leaving for greener pastures elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It's a good view .. shows how crappy our teams front office was .. both guys had breakout years before leaving for greener pastures elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Not exactly.  Bradway botched the RFA tender on Coles and Washington made an offer we couldn’t match following his breakout 2002 season.  Coles had a great 2003 and subpar 2004 in Wash and seemed to fall out of favor.

Moss had a great 03 with us and a bad 04 (I remember the nickname “Sideline Santana”) and fell out of favor.

Hence the Moss for Coles trade the next offseason. 

• Upvote 1

Leberfled on Sirius XM NFL Radio was totally in JD’s pocket.  Not giving him away for a 5th round draft pick.  Has had a great camp, worked hard.  Nothing about the continued drops, penalties and failure to learn the playbook.  They are selling hard.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is so full of crap when he talks about every WR “in this system” having to to learn “all 3 spots”

You’re telling me Braxton freaking Berrios can line up and play X on the boundary?

Methinks they were covering for Mims in some way rather than coming out and saying he stinks.

chess GIF

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is so full of crap when he talks about every WR “in this system” having to to learn “all 3 spots”

You’re telling me Braxton freaking Berrios can line up and play X on the boundary?

1. There’s a difference between learning how to do something and having the physical ability to execute on it.  Maybe Berrios isn’t the best guy to line up at X, but I have no reason to believe that he wouldn’t know how if he was asked to do so.

2. Mims’s does have the physical ability to play “all 3 spots”, and the team wants him to learn how to play them all.  So, if he’s either unwilling or unable to do so, it’s a bad thing either way.

3. Mims doesn’t need to be concerned whether or not Berrios can line up and play X.  He needs to be concerned whether or not Jeff Smith can.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MykePM said:

1. There’s a difference between learning how to do something and having the physical ability to execute on it.  Maybe Berrios isn’t the best guy to line up at X, but I have no reason to believe that he wouldn’t know how if he was asked to do so.

2. Mims’s does have the physical ability to play “all 3 spots”, and the team wants him to learn how to play them all.  So, if he’s either unwilling or unable to do so, it’s a bad thing either way.

3. Mims doesn’t need to be concerned whether or not Berrios can line up and play X.  He needs to be concerned whether or not Jeff Smith can.

I'm an optimist thus I believe that they were covering for Mims in the press to (a) not hang him out to dry publicly; and (b) preserve his future trade value. The truth -- I am wagering -- is that he isn't deemed good enough at any WR position.

The alternative is much more bleak -- that the coaching staff doesn't know how to deploy the most physically-gifted player on the team unless he makes it easy for them by knowing how to perform every job.

45 minutes ago, MykePM said:

This encapsulates what is wrong with Robert Saleh as a coach.

Yeah so player development is important — obviously you are always trying to get your players to be better.

But it’s also your job to adapt the scheme to the strengths of your players.  Not the other way around.

You can’t be that inflexible.  It’s stupid.

It’s about figuring out how to win, not about some omnipotent scheme above everything else.

Mims has talent.  Find a role for him.  If he can’t do anything well, if he’s hopeless, just move on.

If Mims doesn’t know the entire playbook yet, at least use him situationally where it makes sense, like at the goal line on end zone fades, instead of having Zach Wilson run around for negative yardage because he has no clue what he’s looking at.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:58 PM, PorP said:

Ummmmm.

Math is only valuable when you can quantify and solve for the variables. You can't do either

Vegas' only variable is a fool and thier money are soon separated on stupid odds that promise get rich quick. 

That and mostly slot machines

On 8/26/2022 at 8:10 PM, jgb said:

Again, you misunderstand the entire exercise. We are not solving anything or predicting the future. We are assigning probabilities to possible outcomes based on historical data. No more, no less. The difference is we have shown our work and the proponents have not. You just haven’t given us anything to really debate. Just “you can’t know he will bust” and (not talking about you specifically) “you must want him to fail.”

The only thing left to do, if you believe, is make me pay for it and help a good cause at the same time. I’ve offered the same terms to everyone: I will bet he will not finish the year top 16 in QBR or QB rating. Minimum 5 games started for action. Loser pays the charity of winner’s choice. You may pick the stakes then I’m free to agree to any amount less than that. So you don’t think you can scare me off by saying “A million dollars!”

You got uncharacteristically quiet. Funny how that happens when the hope squad gets a chance to put their money down.

You have until kickoff of the Jets first game to accept this offer. Unless you hate charities.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You got uncharacteristically quiet. Funny how that happens when the hope squad gets a chance to put their money down.

You have until kickoff of the Jets first game to accept this offer. Unless you hate charities.

I missed the post.i wasn't intentionally ignoring it. 

But I'm not hope or hate squad. I'm wait and see squad.

Still I think he has potential and I will take that bet. If nothing more than supporting a good cause! 

How about a child cancer research charity for $100. You can choose the charity of your liking. 

That all work for you? 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:59 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes - he’s LEARNED how to play it if necessary. Whether you think he’s skillful enough is another story 

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Key word is LEARN...not PLAY all 3 spots.  You can learn all kinds of things and not ever use any of them.  Case in point, I took a couple of years of Algebra...never used it one time.  I was crossed trained in various jobs in the military. Thankfully, I only operated in my primary and secondary MOS's.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, PorP said:

I missed the post.i wasn't intentionally ignoring it. 

But I'm not hope or hate squad. I'm wait and see squad.

Still I think he has potential and I will take that bet. If nothing more than supporting a good cause! 

How about a child cancer research charity for $100. You can choose the charity of your liking. 

That all work for you? 

I always pick American Red Cross if win. I haven't lost yet but would be fine of course with a child cancer charity, if I lose.

Thanks for the response!

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

I always pick American Red Cross if win. I haven't lost yet but would be fine of course with a child cancer charity, if I lose.

Thanks for the response!

You didn't answer if you agree to amount.  I think it should be reasonable enough?  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Last charity bet I lost it was with @Paradis.  I bet him todd gurley would not be a 1st round pick.  I lost of course but Gurley was good for what two years????

I am going to go to the charity an demand a refund!!!  ?  (I think it was $100 to the spca if i recall)  ?

I don't think I'm winning that one either lol! 

If ZW does take a step forward,  I kind of expect him right in the 20-22 range for QBR and our passer rating.

6 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Key word is LEARN...not PLAY all 3 spots.  You can learn all kinds of things and not ever use any of them.  Case in point, I took a couple of years of Algebra...never used it one time.  I was crossed trained in various jobs in the military. Thankfully, I only operated in my primary and secondary MOS's.

It’s still BS from BS (Bob Saleh)

Point being they’re never going to line Berrios out as an X, unless they have no choice 

So it doesn’t matter if he knows it or not

Richard Sherman lined up on one side of the field as an outside CB pretty much his entire career

And I don’t think he ever covered the slot

It didn’t diminish his career at all or keep him off the field 

• Thumb Down 1

On 8/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes, berrios’s TD catch and run from mike white in the last preseason game was from the spot.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s still BS from BS (Bob Saleh)

Point being they’re never going to line Berrios out as an X, unless they have no choice 

So it doesn’t matter if he knows it or not

Richard Sherman lined up on one side of the field as an outside CB pretty much his entire career

And I don’t think he ever covered the slot

It didn’t diminish his career at all or keep him off the field 

Meanwhile certain players are handed a starting spot despite not knowing how to play that one position well.

• 4 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 7:26 AM, jgb said:

Hello amigo, far from league average, he was dead last (of 33 qualifiers) in QB rating and 28th in QBR.

Please send the $100 to the American Red Cross! You could post a screenshot if you want, but I'll accept a verbal confirmation!

Thanks!

Done bro,  it was part of a bigger donation January 3rd. 

• Post of the Week 1