Wed Aug 31st is a big day for zach wilson

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think you bring him back when you’re confident the OL has their sh*t together and not a second before. There’s a lot of transition going on with that group, and the starters have gotten their asses kicked in every preseason game so far. You can’t ask Wilson to go out there behind an OL in flux until he can reasonably defend himself, or else you’re just going to put him on IR within three weeks time. 

This, above all else, is why I’m ok with not playing him until, say, week 3.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No apology required.  These are complex topics that touch on several things, not just one.

One the contrary, the injury is key.

As someone who already does not think ZW gives us the best chance to win vs. Baltimore even if he were healthy, the fact that he will be rushing back from injury, with minimal or no advance preparation, simply compounds my belief that he does not give us the best chance to win.

I hear ya, I'm just asking what is the proper amount of preparation?  Let's just assume the Jets believe he gives them the best chance to win..

He then gets cleared from his doctors that he's 100%...

How long preparation from then should he need before he plays?

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if he has to start practising again on the 31st then the jets should do it if only for some gamesmanship as to who the game 1 starter will be.  i hope the jets don't try to rush him into the games.

After hearing Saleh talk,  I'm not sure 31st is meaningful. That apparently is right before league mandatory 3 day off period.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

This is the day I believe he has to be back on the field in order to be ready to play on sept 11th.  

You all fed a 4-page thread about an uniformed opinion as if it were doctrine from the team. 

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PorP said:

Hey @Joe W. Namath

Video of ZW from yesterday. On the bike and no compression sleeve

Pretty standard protocol post meniscus. He's on schedule not ahead. He can be on the field week 1, but none of us want that. Right now he feels like there is foreign matter in his knee. The incisions feel rock hard. He has a very cautious feel about lateral movement. Going down a flight of stairs is a slow, precarious action. He may be stable to stand on it, but he isn't stable to run on it at all, mentally or physically. A week 1 comeback would be him being young, healthy, and extremely rushed back. Nowhere near 100%. Thats ok for us keyboard warriors, but for an NFL QB running for his life, no bueno. 

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You all fed a 4-page thread about an uniformed opinion as if it were doctrine from the team. 

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

How did you think it was gonna pan out...... It's one of 13 threads on the whole MB that the first post doesn't start with....

Bust

Failure

Sucks

Fat

Stupid

lazy

Fired

Job on the line

Or any combination of those words. 

The other 12 are practice and game day threads

• Haha 2

Robert Saleh on

@nyjets

QB Zach Wilson: There's no timeline. As soon as he gets cleared on by the docs, he'll be out there. He'll be fine with 1 week of practice.

This is really good news fellas.  1 week fo practice is all he will need.  Lets hope he is getting a ight workout in tomorrow.  If so, that is a good sign that he will get in a full week of practice before week 1.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Robert Saleh on

@nyjets

QB Zach Wilson: There's no timeline. As soon as he gets cleared on by the docs, he'll be out there. He'll be fine with 1 week of practice.

This is really good news fellas.  1 week fo practice is all he will need.  Lets hope he is getting a ight workout in tomorrow.  If so, that is a good sign that he will get in a full week of practice before week 1.

Yeah, just listened to the press conference. 

If he's a full participant in practice by next Monday, he's playing week 1. 

If he isn't, he's not. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, just listened to the press conference. 

If he's a full participant in practice by next Monday, he's playing week 1. 

If he isn't, he's not. 

????

I still think he would at least have to get in a light workout sometime this week in order to be a full go next week.  Unless he is doing that behind the scenes and not when the press is out there.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Robert Saleh on

@nyjets

Saleh: The Ravens should continue to prepare for two completely different QB's for as long as I can get away with not committing to a W1 QB.

• Upvote 1

I can’t imagine anyone who truly believes that Zach will be a +10 year franchise QB for us wanting to rush him out there for week 1.

The Ravens show no mercy. They’ll be out to drill Zach hard at every possible opportunity, and he’ll be limited as far as mobility. And we’ll have new offensive linemen at four different positions.

Seems crazy to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I can’t imagine anyone who truly believes that Zach will be a +10 year franchise QB for us wanting to rush him out there for week 1.

The Ravens show no mercy. They’ll be out to drill Zach hard at every possible opportunity, and he’ll be limited as far as mobility. And we’ll have new offensive linemen at four different positions.

Seems crazy to me. 

It won't matter what the Rvens do.  Zach's knee has now been "tweaked" twice in less than a year.  That's not a great prospect for success after a minimal amount of rest and therapy after surgery.  The team can spin it any way they like.  But that knee is going to ge a problem going forward.

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Seems crazy to me. 

A couple things:

1- if hes cleared by the docs and is 100% healthy w/ no restriction, he is not being rushed.  Stop w/ this rushed nonsense.  Its a 2-4 week injury and sept 11th falls right around the 4 weeks.

2- “He will be limited as far as mobility” - says who?  If hes cleared and 100% healthy, there will be 0 mobility issues.

3- “The ravens will show no mercy and be out to drill zach.”  Well, so will the other 16 teams on our schedule so…..

4- We have new offensive lineman- This is true.  But they are mostly smart vets, most have been in this system, the pass blocking was very good in the last preseason game and they still have 10 more days to gel.

Lets stop w/ all these excuses.  If zach is healthy and cleared by docs he plays week 1.

Lets go!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Seems crazy to me. 

If he's medically cleared to play by the team doctors and gets a full week of practice (which Saleh has been consistent about), I don't see how it's rushing him.

It's year 2 -  Time for Wilson to take a step forward or move aside. I think you have to treat him as the unquestioned starter with a year under his belt and let him play when he is physically ready - no avoiding this team or that team, or this tough situation or that tough situation etc., 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A couple things:

1- if hes cleared by the docs and is 100% healthy w/ no restriction, he is not being rushed.  Stop w/ this rushed nonsense.  Its a 2-4 week injury and sept 11th falls right around the 4 weeks.

2- “He will be limited as far as mobility” - says who?  If hes cleared and 100% healthy, there will be 0 mobility issues.

3- “The ravens will show no mercy and be out to drill zach.”  Well, so will the other 16 teams on our schedule so…..

4- We have new offensive lineman- This is true.  But they are mostly smart vets, most have been in this system, the pass blocking was very good in the last preseason game and they still have 10 more days to gel.

Lets stop w/ all these excuses.  If zach is healthy and cleared by docs he plays week 1.

Lets go!!!!

If Zach goes full out in week one?   No matter who "clears" him, that knee is going to go out and then he'll be gone for the year.

30 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Saleh says Zach needs 1week of practice to play against the Ravens. Still possible he will be the starter week 1.

i was thinking Saleh saying this means its safe to say Zach will be ready by next summer's training camp at the latest.  Becton timeline.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 2

On 8/28/2022 at 12:27 PM, Warfish said:

Is having almost no practice time for most of a month+, in fact for most of camp, not a problem for being "ready"?  If not, how few days before the game is enough practice time for him as you see it?

He’d be out 3 weeks.  How’s that a month+?

Hes been practicing since spring.

That said I’d sit him week 1

• Upvote 1

Would have been much more excited for Streveler against the Ravens but what do I know. To me, we can get our brains smashed in (as I totally expect us to) with Streveler as easily as we will with Flacco. At least it would be somewhat exciting to watch. If he's not good, you bring Flacco or White in.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Seems crazy to me. 

What about us same people wanting to win games?

If Zach is ready to play he gives the team the best chance to win. So play him.  F the Ravens, can’t be afraid of any team. Go beat them.  
Where I’ll agree is if he’s not truly 100%.  Even 99% isn’t enough.   

• Upvote 1