Jets Cuts to 53: Final List

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Sometimes early cuts are a classy gesture to give them the best chance to get scooped up 

I am pretty sure they are all subject to waivers at the same time.  Wed at noon.  May just be to eliminate the distraction before practice tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a Jets cut but I could see us picking this guy up given our week 1 opponent.

Jets could use help at safety, he’s still “only” 30, and under contract for close to league minimum should they decide to claim him on waivers. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a Jets cut but I could see us picking this guy up given our week 1 opponent.

How are the Giants at Safety.  I can see him reuniting with Martindale if there is a need.  Would love to see him here, but I have to think his old DC would give Giants an edge.

• Upvote 3

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Really excellent job by SF in keeping Jimmy G. and that also says a lot about him. Guy took something like a 75% pay cut to stay on as a backup.

yeah but didnt he get guaranteed money in return?  maybe less years - i dont really know what his orig contract for actually