Jets Cuts to 53: Final List

Rhg1084

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Where does Rich come up with this sh*t.  Johnson as a 3rd down back?  Didn't he drop passes all over the field last year.  And I don't recall him being very good at the blitz pick-up.

Not to mention his 3rd and one soft run last game where he did not get the first down.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

Where does Rich come up with this sh*t.  Johnson as a 3rd down back?  Didn't he drop passes all over the field last year.  And I don't recall him being very good at the blitz pick-up.

I think it was the Saints game last year, dropped like 2 or 3 in one series.

Just now, IndianaJet said:

My bet is that they cut Johnson too.  They'll go into week one with 3 RBs on the roster then maybe try to bring Coleman back after week 1, which means his salary won't be guaranteed as a vest vet.

This also gives them more time to hold onto guys at other positions they might be seeking trades for...then they can bring Coleman back into that roster spot.

they might cut Johnson but they could also upgrade via #4 on waiver

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If our RB room ends up Hall, Carter, Knight, Johnson, that would be a total of 5 years of NFL experience combined.  

Two years ago we had something like 25 years (with most of it being from Gore).

True but we're still in post-covid PS which has 6 vet spots.

T.Co and Guidry maybe? 

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

i could be wrong but i tho they could claim as many players as they want

Also think they can 

But I think that waiver order is kind of more towards 1st dibs at the waiver wire and for me personally. I'd rather address OL or LB when some of the best waivers are still there. 

• Sympathy 1

couple players I wonder if will make it

Feeney - in the beg i tho they would def keep him but he got lots of snaps against Gints

Rankins/Shepard/Marshal - I think they keep 2 of 3 maybe even 1 of 3 and bring in waiver

Huff - He played late into game as well

Hardee - still not convinced this team can afford a ST only player

30 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Could be a vested vet move. He doesn't have to clear waivers, so there might be an understanding that he will be brought back once final roster is established and guys like McDermott and Curry are placed on short-term IR.

Yup.  Also, as a vested vet, his salary becomes fully guaranteed if he is on the roster week 1.  Not that unusual to cut vets and bring them back after week 1 when they are no longer guaranteed.

Just now, Lith said:

Yup.  Also, as a vested vet, his salary becomes fully guaranteed if he is on the roster week 1.  Not that unusual to cut vets and bring them back after week 1 when they are no longer guaranteed.

his salary was already low so dont think it be a money thing

36 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Whoa, that's a surprise. Wonder if they're keeping Knight.

I would.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if they cut him with a handshake deal to resign him after the first wave of cuts to try and sneak knight (or someone else) onto the PSquad or give themselves time to trade Mims

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

couple players I wonder if will make it

Feeney - in the beg i tho they would def keep him but he got lots of snaps against Gints

Rankins/Shepard/Marshal - I think they keep 2 of 3 maybe even 1 of 3 and bring in waiver

Huff - He played late into game as well

Hardee - still not convinced this team can afford a ST only player

I think Feeney is a lock for the roster, he has the flexibility to play both Center and Guard which is huge for roster management.

Also, if they cut another one of my IU guys, I'm gonna storm 1JD. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would assume they are.  I don't imagine they would be keeping Johnson over Coleman.  Knight was impressive this summer.  Happy for him (assuming he makes it).

39 minutes ago, JTJet said:

One can only hope. 

As a Wolfpack fan, anxious to see if Knight made the team. Do we know for certain yet?

Jets waived TE Kenny Yeboah. 

A buzzy 2021 UDFA, Yeboah survived his rookie year on the Jets' 53-man roster but caught only two passes, each in Week 17. Already two months shy of his 24th birthday, Yeboah isn't necessarily guaranteed of landing back on the practice squad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

As a Wolfpack fan, anxious to see if Knight made the team. Do we know for certain yet?

Not until 430pm EST. 

Even then, it will be a couple days before the final roster due to waiver claims. 

He may get edged out by a waiver claim if he is just on the edge of the roster. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Not until 430pm EST. 

Even then, it will be a couple days before the final roster due to waiver claims. 

He may get edged out by a waiver claim if he is just on the edge of the roster. 

Yup.  Next Tuesday is day final rosters are set for week 1.  Could be quite a bit of shuffling the back end of the roster for the next few days.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Waivers are based upon draft order through week 3. 

After week 3 it goes to current standings...worst to best.

So the Jets currently have the 4th priority and it will stay that way through week 3.

There is no limit to how many waiver claims a team can make.  The only caveat with waivers is that the player has to go on the 53 man roster.  You can't use a waiver claim to put someone on your practice squad.

Thanks man.  I knew we only hold "4" for a certain amount of time but wasn't sure the details of that. 

Do you know what the timing is?  Do they cycle all 32 teams once or twice a week or run a draft like clock? 

All teams won't use waiver or won't use it multiple times so how do you cycle back to "your turn" .... this is where I am real fuzzy on waivers. 

So, I think this is where we are at with cuts announced to date:

1. Delshawn Phillips
  2. La'mical Perine
  3. Javelin Guildry
  4. Bradlee Anae
  5. Irvin Charles
  6. Calvin Jackson
  7. Chris Streveler
  8. Tevin Coleman
  9. Tanzel Smart
  10. Kenny Yeboah

10 down.  17 to go.