Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What is your confidence level in Joe Flacco right now?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2022 at 04:59 PM

14 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

somewhere between a 2-3. I trust that with good protection he'll make the safe throws and limit turnovers but his ceiling is capped and he's one dimensional in the sense that he is not mobile at all and wont ever threaten defenses with his legs. 

he ran for a nice 1st down. hes not that limited

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

He won’t lose us many games, but he won’t win us many.  If every other part of our team shows up, I’m fine with Joe.  If they don’t show up, we’re screwed.

The defense allowed Jacoby Brissett to complete 22 of 27 passes and 188 combined yards on the ground.  In what way did "every part of the team" show up yesterday?  Meanwhile, Flacco threw 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes including the game winner.  

I'm not sure how you can argue Flacco didn't "win the game" on Sunday.  Sure, he needed help, but every QB does.  He still led the way and had arguably the best game by a Jets QB in over 2 decades.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Right now? The day after that game? 

On a scale of 1 to 5?

image.png.b496d964794533996f03fd413f6784a5.png

I'm at Andre 3000, dog. What a comeback.

By Sunday I'll be back down to a two, two point five, maybe - anxiously awaiting the return of the once and future king Zach Targaryan. 

Zach Wilson of House Targaryen

the rightful heir to the iron throne 

breaker of chains and hunter of milfs 

• Upvote 1

My confidence level in Joe Flacco coincides with how good the OL protects on a given day. I like the fact they rolled him out a few times to help out. He looked like he got the ball out quicker this week rather than sleep walking into sacks so that was an Improvement. Maybe Wilson comes back this week ?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The defense allowed Jacoby Brissett to complete 22 of 27 passes and 188 combined yards on the ground.  In what way did "every part of the team" show up yesterday?  Meanwhile, Flacco threw 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes including the game winner.  

I'm not sure how you can argue Flacco didn't "win the game" on Sunday.  Sure, he needed help, but every QB does.  He still led the way and had arguably the best game by a Jets QB in over 2 decades.

Nowhere did I say Flacco didn’t win yesterday.  I said I don’t think he’ll win many.  Up until the final 2 minutes Flacco was decent: OL and WRs played pretty well.  But pretty sure every week won’t end up with blown coverages and horrible prevent defense.

Joe Flacco is Joe Flacco.  I’m not saying we have better options right now but I’m also not saying we’re set with him at QB.

I give him a two right now. Look, this is his first win on the field since 2016 and he's had one good game and one bad game. It's not enough of a sample size to have a lot of confidence. Despite some good plays this week, he still held the ball a long time which asks a shaky OL to do more. 

I said it in the thread earlier today about swapping QBs that if Flacco keeps taking wins he should stay in until Wilson is clearly beating him out in camp. If that means Wilson sits for a year, rehabs his knees completely and comes in year three improved, great. If he's ready to rock in two weeks, all the better. Right now I wouldn't say it's Flacco's job to lose but if the team is 2-2 or 3-1, Wilson has to make an inarguable case for taking the reins. 

• Upvote 3