The Start of Jet Dynamic Duos??

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

At 48 years old, I remember McNeil & Hector, Toon & Walker, Gastineau & Klecko.  Then for a period Johnson & Chrebet followed by Revis & Cromartie and Nick & Brick.  I might be missing some pairings here and there while others are debatable such as Abraham & Ellis and the short lived Marshall & Decker.

The point is they give your team a big advantage and our franchise has been largely inept at cultivating them.  Teams can double a star reviver or throw away from a star corner.  But it’s infinitely harder to game plan against multiple studs at the same position.  Remember trying to stop Duper & Clayton or throw against the Browns corners Dixon & Minnifield.

Are we finally on the cusp of a few new ones?  Time will tell but it’s exciting to think about..

1. WRs Wilson & Moore:  the latter has been quiet the first 2 games; could the Bengals be their breakout party?

2. CBs Sauce & Reed:  you don’t play zone with a pair of stud corners.  You lock them up 1 vs 1 and blitz the QB or stack the box against the run.  You listening Ulbrich?

3. RBs Hall & Carter:  great compliments to each other and a way to gas a defense and keeping them off balance doing so.

And to think what a right side of AVT & Becton could have been?  :(  (sniff sniff)

It’s up to the coaches to see this and leverage these 1+1=3 competitive advantages.  I’m not sold on Ulbrich but am optimistic on LaFleur.

Thoughts?

I’d say AVT and Becton on left side. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

At 48 years old, I remember McNeil & Hector, Toon & Walker, Gastineau & Klecko.  Then for a period Johnson & Chrebet followed by Revis & Cromartie and Nick & Brick.  I might be missing some pairings here and there while others are debatable such as Abraham & Ellis and the short lived Marshall & Decker.

The point is they give your team a big advantage and our franchise has been largely inept at cultivating them.  Teams can double a star reviver or throw away from a star corner.  But it’s infinitely harder to game plan against multiple studs at the same position.  Remember trying to stop Duper & Clayton or throw against the Browns corners Dixon & Minnifield.

Are we finally on the cusp of a few new ones?  Time will tell but it’s exciting to think about..

1. WRs Wilson & Moore:  the latter has been quiet the first 2 games; could the Bengals be their breakout party?

2. CBs Sauce & Reed:  you don’t play zone with a pair of stud corners.  You lock them up 1 vs 1 and blitz the QB or stack the box against the run.  You listening Ulbrich?

3. RBs Hall & Carter:  great compliments to each other and a way to gas a defense and keeping them off balance doing so.

And to think what a right side of AVT & Becton could have been?  :(  (sniff sniff)

It’s up to the coaches to see this and leverage these 1+1=3 competitive advantages.  I’m not sold on Ulbrich but am optimistic on LaFleur.

Thoughts?

i have some high hopes for the wilson to wilson connection.  i wouldn't have thought  (so early) it but wilson helps out all of the receivers by being a guy the other team needs to respect.  the thing the jets need is to add to your list on the dline.  maybe williams/lawson or johnson/lawson.  and who knows, maybe avt/mitchell becomes a good duo on the oline.

• Upvote 2

Just now, WowOhWow said:

Imagine if we hit on the QB.  Then we'll have a shot at being legitimately good.

Just now, WowOhWow said:

Imagine if we hit on the QB.  Then we'll have a shot at being legitimately good.

True that.  The Jets obviously took a shot at drafting a franchise QB but the reality is they can likely win with a middle of the road capable starter IF these tandems take off and the rest of the roster develops. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Thoughts?

Add Ruckert in to this as the "Mickey Shuler" to Wilson and Moore's "Toon & Walker", and my dream before the 2022 Draft will be complete.

The Dynamic Trio. 

With Hall and Carter at RB, this is (in my dreams) the long-term core of a great offense to come.

:Fish-Goes-Full-Homer:

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The point is they give your team a big advantage and our franchise has been largely inept at cultivating them.  Teams can double a star receiver or throw away from a star corner.  But it’s infinitely harder to game plan against multiple studs at the same position.  Remember trying to stop Duper & Clayton or throw against the Browns corners Dixon & Minnifield.

Thoughts?

A friend of mine and I were talking yesterday about Sundays win and he was saying we have had dramatic  wins lime this before and were never able to follow them up with a meaningful  season, and I agreed that is how the past has been but I brought up, thos season the team has multiple play makers on O and they are making plays. We just need the D to wake up. They have been atrocious the first two games. 

18 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

The point is they give your team a big advantage and our franchise has been largely inept at cultivating them.  Teams can double a star receiver or throw away from a star corner.  But it’s infinitely harder to game plan against multiple studs at the same position.  Remember trying to stop Duper & Clayton or throw against the Browns corners Dixon & Minnifield.

Thoughts?

Hall needs more touches than Carter. It's that simple. I like Carter but Hall with his speed is on another level.

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Interesting as I thought Elijah Moore would be the wr breaking out.  But he is currently 3 behind even Davis.

DCs might start rolling coverage Garrett Wilson's way and Moore will start to get his opportunities this week.

Wilson has been playing the slot.  Barrios is the one that's seen his snaps drop. 

Moore is number 3 in stats, but he's still 1 or 2 on the field. 

6 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Hall needs more touches than Carter. It's that simple. I like Carter but Hall with his speed is on another level.

And what a wonderful thought to even have.  I mean Carter is fantastic, quick with vision and ELITE contact balance.  To sit him a bit more to get in the multi talented Hall shows the upside of this offense.  I watched the replay of Hall’s longest run Sunday and it seemed effortless.  He just knows how to play running back.

• Upvote 2

I might have accidental discharge IF 2 tight ends emerge, and not the tight ends you see at the beach, pool, or PH.

Despite the fumbles which I expect he’ll clean up, Conklin is a dangerous weapon in his own right.  I don’t care if it’s Uzomah or Ruckert.  JD has given us 3 quality options to find another dynamic duo.  I’m less optimistic here than the OP but JD has brought in some talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Thoughts?

Wilson and Davis!!! Haha

• Haha 1

Also did you see how Moore was more open that Wilson on most plays. It's crazy I can't remember a time when we have more than one we that could get open since marshal decker...and long time from before then.

Sprinkle in hall and Carter and we have a great offense talent. If conclin could catch it would be beautiful 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still would like JD to draft another top WR.  Let's have an explosive offense for once.

16 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I prefer investing in a game changing TE over another WR. I’m not sold on Conklin/Uzomah/Ruckert yet. An explosive TE could be the final weapon to make this offense truly elite (QB/oline aside)

If these guys are actually good, you don't need a top of the draft expenditure.   You can settle for dangerous and flawed.  Guys you should be able to find round 3-5 not 1st to top 2nd.  TEs you can keep trying with tweener Cager Cumberland types.  Once you have valid playmakers everyone else becomes dangerous

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I prefer investing in a game changing TE over another WR. I’m not sold on Conklin/Uzomah/Ruckert yet. An explosive TE could be the final weapon to make this offense truly elite (QB/oline aside)

If there's another Kyle Pitts out there then sign me up!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Add Ruckert in to this as the "Mickey Shuler" to Wilson and Moore's "Toon & Walker", and my dream before the 2022 Draft will be complete.

The Dynamic Trio. 

With Hall and Carter at RB, this is (in my dreams) the long-term core of a great offense to come.

:Fish-Goes-Full-Homer:

I know you unintentionally forgot to mention this, but when Zach comes back, and excels like we all know he will, the young superstar offense will really be complete, right? 

Uh…right?

How come you’re not saying anything…?

Hello?  Is this thing on?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I know you unintentionally forgot to mention this, but when Zach comes back, and excels like we all know he will, the young superstar offense will really be complete, right? 

Uh…right?

How come you’re not saying anything…?

Hello?  Is this thing on?

I hope he does exactly all that.

We'll just have to see.  

OIP.jfd_obnSUTh9iWVXfIlfZQHaK3?pid=ImgDe

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Most of Wilson’s damage has been done playing on the outside according to pff

Yeah you're right.  I just rewatched his highlights.  

They sent him in motion a few times and had him split tight, but he almost always started out wide.  A lot of those plays it looked like he was in the slot, but there wasn't anyone outside him. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

3. RBs Hall & Carter:  great compliments to each other and a way to gas a defense and keep them off balance doing so.

Thoughts?

Well, maybe I am biased since I played OG in HS football, but AVT and Mitchell can be a possibly Dynamic Duo there on the right side. We'll see. Mitchell held his own against Clowney and in some cases Garrett like on that last game winning TD play. I wouldn't count Mitchell out from being a pretty darn good tackle and he already knows the urgency of jumping on loose balls for when the skill position players fumble. 

• Upvote 1