Zach Wilson is a high school quarterback (merged)

Dcronin

8 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

How many sacks did Rodgers have for holding on to the ball? I recall two turnovers that he should of had in the first half as well. 

it was a 45 degree rain storm in the first half, playing against an elite D. Rogers mustered 3 points in the conditions and he was at home… 

How many monster games has Rodgers had in his career ??? I lost count.  Wilson is currently a weak link on a quickly and vastly improving roster.

NFL 2022: NO QB = No Playoff Wins. 

That's not being negative.  That is simply the way it is.

If and when ZW puts together several games in a row with consistent play and an absence of the same mistakes he keeps making, I'll point out the facts. 

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

you said it.  Jets fans get ridiculed all the time.  has bothered me all my life.  seeing these morons on here, maybe I can see why.  ridiculous.  this was a statement win for this team, this organization, and yes, this QB!  unbelievable crap in here today.

Look I understand the past 7-8 years have been very rough but now is the time to have a little happiness otherwise what’s the point of being a fan of this team?  Yes For the 100th time Zach wasn’t good today but it happens.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

This might shock you but not every game in the NFL ends up like KC-BUF in the playoffs. Only 18 pass calls and still won by 17.

Could care less if the didn’t call any pass plays. Dominant defensive line play and excellent rushing attack is winning football. Always has been always will be 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

How many monster games has Rodgers had in his career ??? I lost count.  Wilson is currently a weak link on a quickly and vastly improving roster.

NFL 2022: NO QB = No Playoff Wins. 

That's not being negative.  That is simply the way it is.

If and when ZW puts together several games in a row with consistent play and an absence of the same mistakes he keeps making, I'll point out the facts. 

You’re judging a player 16 games into his career vs one in his 18th year 

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Rodgers turned the ball over Zach didn’t.   Rodgers put the ball on the turf twice and we recovered one of them.   Zach lead the team right down the field for a TD in the third quarter.  What did Rodgers do?  He sucked that’s what he did.  

Wilson is lucky not to have had at least two of his passes go the other way

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I posted it in the GameDay thread but am posting here for visibility:

It was, without a doubt, his worst game since coming back.

However, here are some quick hits:

- This was the best passing defense he’s played, by far.  They absolutely clamped our WRs.

- The offense, as a whole, struggled to generate anything.  Some of it was execution (Garrett Wilson drops), some of it was coaching (MLF had an abysmal first half).

- Lambeau is one of the hardest places to play in, on the road.

- The first touchdown drive he was clutch.  The big 40+ yard throw to Corey Davis was absolutely huge.

- The big throws to Corey Davis and Conklin on the final TD drive were clutch.  I’d like to see a lot more RPO incorporated.  Zach likes it, and it’s worked for us.

- He, without a doubt, needs to be better than today in order for the wins to keep coming.  I believe he will be.  He has 3 total TDs and 2 INTs so far.  I want to see more passing TDs.

- Most importantly, no turnovers.  I see a lot of Mark Sanchez comps and they need to stop.  Mark had a game like this his rookie year….but he turned the ball over countless times, wasting a defensive master class and 200+ rushing days from the offense.  If Zach can manage the game while finding his rhythm, he’ll be fine.

- They won.  People around here need to just enjoy this.

Fair, well said. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Zero fumbles, Zero interceptions, sacked 2 times.

In this league if your QB is doing this you have a legit chance to win games.

Was he good?  No.  Was he bad?  No.  Bad is turning it over.

He's a less-accurate-then-ideal game manager.

At least, so far in his career.

Better than being a bust.  And he's 3-0 this year as a starter, mostly on the back of Breece Hall.

So, better than what we've been/what we've had of late.  That's worth enjoying for now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, slats said:

One thread on the front page bashing the QB on a day when the Jets beat Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau by 17 points seems to be enough. 

Enjoy your perpetual misery here. 

Plus he’s 3-0. We need Joe W Namath to diagnose the disease!

• Haha 2

Just now, slats said:

One thread on the front page bashing the QB on a day when the Jets beat Aaron Rodgers in Lambeau by 17 points seems to be enough. 

Enjoy your perpetual misery here. 

Agreed @slats.  Yes we’re in agreement that this was not a good game for him but like you said the bashing is getting childish at this point especially during a 3 game winning streak.  If they can’t show a tad bit of happiness now they never will lol

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He's a less-accurate-then-ideal game manager.

At least, so far in his career.

Better than being a bust.  And he's 3-0 this year as a starter, mostly on the back of Breece Hall.

So, better than what we've been/what we've had of late.  That's worth enjoying for now.

Eh I think we can agree he was the main driving force winning the Steeler game.  Today for sure Breece was the MVP and the defense.  Last week yes he didn’t pass 300 yards but he managed the game very well and took what the defense gave him

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed @slats.  Yes we’re in agreement that this was not a good game for him but like you said the bashing is getting childish at this point especially during a 3 game winning streak.  If they can’t show a tad bit of happiness now they never will lol

Funny, I'm at home happy as a clam.

You're here "leave Brittney alone"'ing over Zach Wilson.

Of the two of us, you sound far less happy than I feel.

Maybe care less what other fans think?  Might be good for ya!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/3/2022 at 11:28 AM, bostonmajet said:

This is typical SOJF BS - He had a successful college QB career; we all know that. Does it translate to NFL - there is no guarantee, but to call him a HS QB just emphasizes the point that not only are fans reactionary and filled with hyperbe, but they are way too quick to dismiss a player who hasn't played a real game in 9 months playing behind a patchwork OL.

Our OL is bad, but I wouldn't call them HS or even College level - they are just bad at the NFL level.

OL was quite good today.  Wilson's worst plays came when he did indeed have time.  Run blocking was very good to excellent.

Just now, Warfish said:

Funny, I'm at home happy as a clam.

You're here "leave Brittney alone"'ing over Zach Wilson.

Of the two of us, you sound far less happy than I feel.

Maybe care less what other fans think?  Might be good for ya!

Well I wasn’t referring to you.  However thanks for the advice but I’ll pass and do what I want but thanks 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Well I wasn’t referring to you.  However thanks for the advice but I’ll pass and do what I want but thanks 

Absolutely, we should all do what we want, 100%.

It's just sad that after a huge win, "what you want" seems to be to wallow in unhappy whining because our fanbase isn't good enough for you.

I feel for you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

the story of today is the Jets won and they are 3 and 0 since Zach returned.

The story of today is that the Jets are 4-2 vying for first place on the division, with a RB that looks like he could be special, and a Defense that actually learned how to play defense!  Good times indeed.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I said a few weeks back that if we had a game where the QB is OK at best and we steamroll the opponent with a power rushing game, I'll be a happy man.

Today, I'm a happy man. :-) 

Zach made a few plays when he had to, did OK, but man that ground game was something else.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The story of today is that the Jets are 4-2 vying for first place on the division, with a RB that looks like he could be special, and a Defense that actually learned how to play defense!  Good times indeed.

For today absolutely.  The previous two games it was a total team effort including the QB

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I'm close to locking this honestly.

It might be for the best, tbh.  Criticism is fine, I’m not saying we should censor anything…but our New York Jets are 4-2, 3-0 since Wilson came back, and we should all just take some time to enjoy the biggest win this franchise has had in over a decade.

• Upvote 2