A renewed look at the schedule ROS

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

Bridgewater demolished us last year. It is not an easy game no matter what — our defense is not good. 

I mean it’s not fair to say defense is not good after they just had a huge game. Only 13 points allowed, 3 sacks and 4 turnover. Yes I know the Steelers stink but the defense played well. They also held their own against Lamar week 1. 

This defense definitely has the talent to perform. Let’s hope it’s finally starting to gel

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean it’s not fair to say defense is not good after they just had a huge game. Only 13 points allowed, 3 sacks and 4 turnover. Yes I know the Steelers stink but the defense played well. They also held their own against Lamar week 1. 

This defense definitely has the talent to perform. Let’s hope it’s finally starting to gel

Id love to feel the same way but until I see it, I’m praying our offense can keep up. 

The next month is interesting

Jets are currently 26th in the league in DVOA. 

Miami has one of the best offenses in the league (2nd in the league according to Football Outsiders until week 4) and given the horrors many of you spoke of Tua, I don't think the drop off from Tua to Teddy may be that significant. Their defense isn't great, but Xavien Howard and Byron Jones are a much tougher pair of CBs than Arthur Maulet (can't believe he's still in the league) and whoever played across from him in PIttsburgh. Miami overall is 13th in the league in DVOA. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/mia

Green Bay is, like Pittsburgh, one of the hardest places to play in the league (although the Jets somehow have a winning record at Lambeau [I could not believe it either]). Despite their shakey record, they are still 9th in the league in DVOA (https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/gb) and Aaron Rodgers isn't Trubisky or Pickett. 

Denver is 16th in the league in DVOA. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/den

Denver, with the altitude, is alsoa  tough place to play and the Jets are 8-13 historically while losing 4 of the last 5 there (including the infamous Tebow game). 

New England is 19th in the league in DVOA. https://www.footballoutsiders.com/team/ne

This is at least a home game and if Mac Jones doesn't play, that will make a big difference. That being said, Bellichik vs. Zach Wilson is going to be a tough matchup as the former is notoriously tough on young QBs and Wilson had arguably his worst game of the season last year at home against New England when he threw 4 picks. https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/zach-wilson-vs.-patriots-stats

Are all these games winnable for the Jets? Sure, but they will likely be underdogs in all except maybe New England. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

The only games I gives us legitimately 0% chance of winning are the 2 Buffalo games. That team is on a different level than us right now. Everyone else on the schedule we should absolutely have a chance of winning.

Miami this week will be a close game.

Denver and Green Bay do not look good 

Pats suck we got them twice 

Bears, Vikings, Lions all games we should/could win 

JAX and Seattle we are better team than 

Honestly, I think we make playoffs this year as the 7 seed 

I can see Russell Wilson running all over us and making big plays when he throws.

14 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

We are ranked 8 and 11 for offense and defense.   Thats quite an improvement from last year and remarkable considering how many first and second yr players are contributing.

14DC52B3-560E-4FA6-9CD3-5AFB7B829A14.jpeg

Well spank me on the ass and call me Shirley cause that doesn't look like the same defense I have watched. They came up big yesterday--Joyner was ******* awesome--but CJ Mosley gets worse every game. I am expecting to struggle bottling up Miami's offense. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Obviously, it's good Brady Quinn was "wrong," but this was hardly a massive blunder since it took 2 of the most improbable 4th quarters of the season to get our two wins.

Not taking anything away from those wins but can't really ROFLstomp Quinn on this call, like we could if the Jets were blowing up other teams.

8 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Nearly everyone in the media said we were a lock for an 0-4 start and that 0-8 wasn't out of the question. Our schedule was that difficult.

For all the drama and injuries and bad mistakes and calls to "fire everyone!" we had to endure throughout the first month of the season, we sit at 2-2. That's our record. CLE wound up not having Watson and it turns out PIT stinks in the post-Big Ben era. We split with the vaunted AFC North. Up next in the gaunlet of doom...

• vs MIA (no Tua)
  • @ GB (looks awful and needed OT to beat the Patriots' 3rd string QB)
  • @ DEN (one of the most inept offenses in the league)
  • vs NE (Mac Jones will be back but may not be 100%)

October is huge. I think we sit at 4-4 or even, dare I say it, 5-3 at month's end. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and cut out the critical mistakes but this team isn't bad.

After that, Buffalo is the only two that I don't think we can beat. Chicago's offense is horrible, Minnesota is inconsistent, Detroit has the worst defense in the league, Jacksonville is Jacksonville, and Seattle is a lower-tier team. The divisional games will be absolutely huge, though I think we go 2-4 as we split with Miami and New England but drop both to Buffalo. 

JD may get his wish: we'll be playing meaningful games in December. Even if we're right at .500 and on the outside of the playoff picture fighting to get in, I think it'll happen. 

6-2...

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I love fans :D 

Doesn't mean it can't happen... Carson palmer looked like sh*t for 3 years on the raiders... Then went to Arizona... Every analyst in the league had cardinals as a last place team before they went on to win 7 of their first games... Maybe it was 9... Too lazy to look it up... sh*t happens... Maybe the jets with all that talent are actually a good team... 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Doesn't mean it can't happen... Carson palmer looked like sh*t for 3 years on the raiders... Then went to Arizona... Every analyst in the league had cardinals as a last place team before they went on to win 7 of their first games... Maybe it was 9... Too lazy to look it up... sh*t happens... Maybe the jets with all that talent are actually a good team... 

Lots of things "can happen."

• Upvote 1

Miami - probable L 

Green Bay - L

Denver - L (maybe -- at this point they may over look us if we lose two games in a row, so this might be a W)

New England - Probably an L. Zack needs to prove he can beat a Belichick defense, if he cant itll be a long day.

I still think were a 3 or 4 win team until we prove otherwise, and I wouldn't be surprised if we are 2-6 going into November

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Miami - probable L 

Green Bay - L

Denver - L (maybe -- at this point they may over look us if we lose two games in a row, so this might be a W)

New England - Probably an L. Zack needs to prove he can beat a Belichick defense, if he cant itll be a long day.

I still think were a 3 or 4 win team until we prove otherwise, and I wouldn't be surprised if we are 2-6 going into November

PVO bro, PVO

My post from the predict 2022 record thread:

Baltimore Ravens - Loss (0-1)
at Cleveland Browns - Win (1-1)
Cincinnati Bengals - Loss (1-2)
at Pittsburgh Steelers - Loss (1-3)
Miami Dolphins - Loss (1-4)
at Green Bay Packers - Loss (1-5)
at Denver Broncos - Loss (1-6)
New England Patriots - Loss (1-7)
Buffalo Bills - Loss (1-8)
BYE WEEK
at New England Patriots - Loss (1-9)
Chicago Bears - Win (2-9)
at Minnesota Vikings - Loss (2-10)
at Buffalo Bills - Loss (2-11)
Detroit Lions - Win (3-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars - Win (4-11)
at Seattle Seahawks - Loss (4-12)
at Miami Dolphins - Loss (4-13)

At least five of the losses above could just as easily be wins (@ Steelers, Miami at home, New England at home, Bears at home, @Seahawks). 

While I think the teams talent is much improved, and we'll be far more competitive in most spots, I still have very little faith in the QB position.

A less cynical me might say 7-10.  

So now that we're four games in, and three of the four I got right, and the one wrong (Pittsburgh) I specifically noted as "could just as easily be a win", I'm feeling pretty good so far with my predictions.

The next few games will indeed give some idea of the direction of the rest of the year.  I predicted 4x losses in the next 4, with one (Miami this week) the one "could just as easily be a win" in this group.

So if we beat Miami, and also beat one or more of Green Bay, Denver and the Pats @ the Pats, that would definitely A. be really good! and B. signal we may be better than I expected, or the opposition worse (or both).

Looking forward to Miami.  I think it could tell us quite a bit. 

• Upvote 1

The toughest thing I see for this team is to put together a couple winning streaks… I know it’s cliché but any team can win any given Sunday which is what they have done to the Browns and Steelers… can the win consistently is the next big hurdle.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Miami - probable L 

Green Bay - L

I consider myself conservative (this year) and I say:

Miami: Loss

Packers: Toss up but I lean W now

Denver: Haven't watched them this year so I'll say L

New England: W. I think we will get some revenge

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Miami - probable L 

Green Bay - L

Belichick needs to prove he can put together a couple of winning seasons without Brady

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jgb said:

Obviously, it's good Brady Quinn was "wrong," but this was hardly a massive blunder since it took 2 of the most improbable 4th quarters of the season to get our two wins.

Not taking anything away from those wins but can't really ROFLstomp Quinn on this call, like we could if the Jets were blowing up other teams.

Patience sir....I am waiting to see where we are at week 9. I always thought we had a chance at 2 of the first 4 and I'm not a Quinn fan so.

We will see. 

• Upvote 1

Let's play them one game at a time. If anything has been shown so far is past historical performance means little. It was a good win against Pittsburgh but they are a pretty talentless team and if you look at their schedule they could easily be picking Top 3 next year. Their schedule is brutal. 

Jets next 4 look hard on paper but Miami is on 2nd string QB and may not be as good as they seem. Green Bay will be coming off of a London trip and we play shockingly well in Green Bay but again that does not matter. Russell Wilson is quickly approaching "corpse of" status.

What we need to do is just be a little bit better each week as a team. We have playoff caliber talent, I am just not sure people see it (Interestingly, Phil Simms does from his comments on his show with the Mad Dog FWIW)

Stacking 2 wins in a row be huge for this team. Sunday is alot. Jets need a home win and need to break this 0-12 in the Division badly. If im Saleh and Laflaour im dialing it up on both sides of the ball. Get creative, take chances, try to go win this game. 

The NFL Will sh*t its pants if we are 3-2.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Belichick needs to prove he can put together a couple of winning seasons without Brady

While I understand what you say, it’s really amazing that they aren’t a 2-4 win team the last couple years. Their roster from top to bottom is dog sh*t and with a poor coach would be picking in the top five the last couple seasons. Maybe this is the season that they do but I still feel like because of Bill they are a competitive team week and week out. The Packers aren’t the same team but New England played them pretty tough with a third string quarterback. 

On 10/3/2022 at 1:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Some games look easier, some games look tougher.  Who would have guessed that 4 games in, the Jaguars are top 5 in the NFL in point differential?

Trips to Lambeau and Denver are never fun so let's not count on either of those being any easier than advertised.

The Jaguars finally have a real coach so I'm not surprised. 

Solid HC coach on any team in the league will get you to 500...IMHO.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, LockeJET said:

While I understand what you say, it’s really amazing that they aren’t a 2-4 win team the last couple years. Their roster from top to bottom is dog sh*t and with a poor coach would be picking in the top five the last couple seasons. Maybe this is the season that they do but I still feel like because of Bill they are a competitive team week and week out. The Packers aren’t the same team but New England played them pretty tough with a third string quarterback. 

I guess. He has a  well under .500 record without Brady in his career. He seems to be the only one who gets the good effort excuse. When the Jets lose, they suck. There is never, ever, a good effort.  So maybe he should he be judged by the same standard.  No excuses.  You either get it done, or you suck.  So he sucks 

10 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I guess. He has a  well under .500 record without Brady in his career. He seems to be the only one who gets the good effort excuse. When the Jets lose, they suck. There is never, ever, a good effort.  So maybe he should he be judged by the same standard.  No excuses.  You either get it done, or you suck.  So he sucks 

If we had a coach that went to 8 Super Bowls, He can suck for the next hundred years for all I care. 

On 10/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Its on now.  We have our starting qb back.  This team is going to start wining games.  And it begins this Sunday at home.

We should win 7-9 games at least this year.

I agree with this. I think we are getting Miami at the right time. This is a winnable  game. 

22 hours ago, Warfish said:

My post from the predict 2022 record thread:

So now that we're four games in, and three of the four I got right, and the one wrong (Pittsburgh) I specifically noted as "could just as easily be a win", I'm feeling pretty good so far with my predictions.

The next few games will indeed give some idea of the direction of the rest of the year.  I predicted 4x losses in the next 4, with one (Miami this week) the one "could just as easily be a win" in this group.

So if we beat Miami, and also beat one or more of Green Bay, Denver and the Pats @ the Pats, that would definitely A. be really good! and B. signal we may be better than I expected, or the opposition worse (or both).

Looking forward to Miami.  I think it could tell us quite a bit. 

I agree.

This is really the telling part of our schedule now, especially with Zach back in the saddle.

I was equally pessimistic about that run of games. I was very confident we’d beat Pittsburgh but this run of games is pretty brutal and I thought that would be a run of losses. Some great defences after the Miami game, which feels like the most winnable of the bunch. 

I’ll believe our PTSD against the Patriots is fixed when I see it. We’re gonna need to see a lot more of the Zach we seen in the final two drives if we’re to go into the bye with the season still alive.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2022 at 1:43 PM, JiFapono said:

One week at a time.  It's all about situation, match ups and availability.  It's truly worthless looking ahead, no offense, you just never know what happens to the Jets or their opponents, they caught a break yesterday not having to face the DPOY.

Yea so blessed to be down to our 6th string tackle