Negativity

1 hour ago, English Jet said:

That's what I take, there are people on here that when we lose, they are so happy to be negative!! I really don't understand it .............

This is merely an extension of who they are in real life. Ask me how I know.

Pass the bangers please.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, English Jet said:

JD has got rid of everyone and started afresh!! Of course he will have a worse record! That's what I dont understand, We are changing everything, but some of you on here want results yesterday!! It dont work like that, such a young group of players, let them gel, learn and grow together!! If we lose then it's a learning curve! 

You don't get forever to do this. Rebuilds have been done in less time. 

This isnt his first year. He is in year 4 of a 6 year contract. It's time for results, not excuses. Give us the results, the negativity will go away. 

At minimum we should be winning 8 games this year. Anything less than that is just another failed year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, English Jet said:

That's what I take, there are people on here that when we lose, they are so happy to be negative!! I really don't understand it, we are a "new" team, a very young team, I just don't understand it. I was close to leaving this forum due to negative culture, when we win thankfully its more positive although the negative group still try to spin it!! It pisses me off!! 

I know what you mean…Some posters post like their biggest fear is that something bad will happen that they didn’t predict. 

28 minutes ago, English Jet said:

JD has got rid of everyone and started afresh!! Of course he will have a worse record! That's what I dont understand, We are changing everything, but some of you on here want results yesterday!! It dont work like that, such a young group of players, let them gel, learn and grow together!! If we lose then it's a learning curve! 

This roster is night and day from what Joe D inherited, but some fans still blame him for what happened when Sam Darnold was the QB and the best player on the team was a DB who couldn't cover anyone.

This will be the best offensive team the Jets have fielded since I became a fan in the late 80s when they had Walker, McNeil, Toon, Kenny O', etc...

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You don't get forever to do this. Rebuilds have been done in less time. 

This isnt his first year. He is in year 4 of a 6 year contract. It's time for results, not excuses. Give us the results, the negativity will go away. 

At minimum we should be winning 8 games this year. Anything less than that is just another failed year.

No... are you kidding me... inheriting and being forced to stick with the Gase kinda HC/GM, CS and players ... in year 1 is not a strike against him. 

He just started year 3... of his own control..... the sports industry wrote all kinds of articles about why he required a 6 year contract

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Its because jet fans have what amounts to a nfl version of battered wife syndrome. They expect to lose no matter what. So they are a miserable crapy fan base.

I am the poster child for a positive jet fan. I am a better fan than 80% of these posters. Im far more evolved than these fat old salty drunks. If anyone wants therapy i am available for a very reasonable fee.

But you cant blame them that much. They have been through years of trauma. They just need to figure it out

clap lol GIF

the thing is some of us dont want to have egg on our face. we have all seen this before with Sanchez and Darnold. a good game here followed by 5 stinkers. then another good game followed by more stinkers.

IMO he had one really good QUARTER. and 3 bad ones. some here want to have a parade and crown him while others like me need more proof. 

and just to warn you and i am total against this but this fan base will boo the sh*t out of Zach on Sunday if he plays as bad as he did the first 3 quarters vs the Steelers. they did it in his 1st home game last year . 

the Jets dont read this site. but they hear those boos. and thats not helpful to a young kid who is supposed to be our FQB. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, PorP said:

No... are you kidding me... inheriting and being forced to stick with the Gase kinda HC/GM, CS and players ... in year 1 is not a strike against him. 

He just started year 3... of his own control..... the sports industry wrote all kinds of articles about why he required a 6 year contract

He is in year 4 of his contract. Hand wave and make all the excuses you wish I don't care, that doesnt change that fact.

If he cant put together a team that wins more games in a season over a Gase coached team and that old roster, then that speaks volumes.

Winning 8 games isnt some unreasonable ask. The fact anyone would be pushing back against that is insane. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is in year 4 of his contract. Hand wave and make all the excuses you wish I don't care, that doesnt change that fact.

If he cant put together a team that wins more games in a season over a Gase coached team and that old roster, then that speaks volumes.

Winning 8 seasons isnt some unreasonable ask. The fact anyone would be pushing back against that is insane. 

That's the hilarious part...

When someone like me points to a "fact" it's an excuse...

When someone like you points to a  "fact" outside of context... it's reality....

You do you man... the world needs all kinds and would be pretty crappy if we all thought the same. 

Just now, PorP said:

That's the hilarious part...

When someone like me points to a "fact" it's an excuse...

When someone like you points to a  "fact" outside of context... it's reality....

You do you man... the world needs all kinds and would be pretty crappy of we all thought the same. 

You didnt point to a fact. You excused his first year as not counting. But contractually it counts.

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You didnt point to a fact. You excused his first year as not counting. But contractually it counts.

There is no fact in JD couldn't pick the CS in year 1 isn't a published fact???

Lol

2 hours ago, English Jet said:

That's what I take, there are people on here that when we lose, they are so happy to be negative!! I really don't understand it, we are a "new" team, a very young team, I just don't understand it. I was close to leaving this forum due to negative culture, when we win thankfully its more positive although the negative group still try to spin it!! It pisses me off!! 

The simple truth, we are a "new" team every year, and so is every other team.  Perennial playoff teams have a solid core, but a "new" team nevertheless.  

The negativity from negative people is the NYJ "new" team is just more of the same, and will only see the "old" teams until they start winning.

The current "new" team has an exciting core of young players, and it won't matter unless it results in wins.  That is how the team is measured, and often times there is no objectivity.

There are many on here that use rationality toward both the good and bad for each "new" team.  Focus on unbiased opinions and it is a much better environment.

Also, the ignore button helps.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

While things among the team and fan base always seem to be negative I can tell you if things actually turn around and we have a bonafide team and winner on our hands…you will see no fanbase more fanatically supportive…anywhere in any sports.

Cheers!

If you're a true fan of any team, you don't hide your head in the sand until times are good.  It's easy to debate the reasons the Jets WON'T do something, but that's just chickensh!t.  Sadly, that's about 75% of this forum.  When you grow a pair, and stand behind your team, even though you know you're likely to get pummeled, then you can call yourself a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If you're a true fan of any team, you don't hide your head in the sand until times are good.  It's easy to debate the reasons the Jets WON'T do something, but that's just chickensh!t.  Sadly, that's about 75% of this forum.  When you grow a pair, and stand behind your team, even though you know you're likely to get pummeled, then you can call yourself a Jets fan. 

Like the post but I wouldn't say 75% though.

It's a lot more like 15% when you consider the lurkers who don't want to be attacked by the 15%.

That 15% just also have the biggest mouths and believe every thought they have needs a new thread... even if 15 threads already exist

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, PorP said:

There is no fact in JD couldn't pick the CS in year 1 isn't a published fact???

Lol

That's fine, that doesnt mean his time then does not count. He has to work with what he was given. He then got to pick his own coach.  Idzik never got to pick his coach either and got fired before he could. 

So if Gase and that roster were that bad, it shouldn't be that hard to do better than then 7-9 they achieved, considering what an amazing job I keep reading he is doing on here.

14 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I honestly dont know any “closet Jets fans.” I don’t think they exist.

So I don’t agree at all with the “hide your head in the sand until times are good” comment.

Venting and complaining like a lot of Jets fans do isnt hiding at all. They’re being passionate to the results on the field.

In case you have’t noticed we’ve sucked since 2012. You can’t talk about this team the last 10 years and say “I LOVE WHAT I’M SEEING! THIS IS AMAZING!”

Every Jets fan on this forum is a fan regardless of how negative they are or not. They’re still engaged. Do I agree with being so negative? Not all. A lot of it is overkill. But I definitely don’t call them fair weather fans…

…save that for the Giants, Cowboys, Dolphins, and Patriots fans who disappear when their teams suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, English Jet said:

So I've been Watching every Jets game for the last two seasons. I read this forum daily, Previously I was a Jets "supporter" for 30 years, now I class myself as a  fan!
What I've noticed is, so many people want to look at the negative, JD, IMO has done his job (excluding 2020) very well, we have such a gifted roster! Zach hasn't played a competitive game for months and months first game back and so many people want him to fail. I just don't understand it!! I'm English and a Millwall fan in football(soccer, whatever lol ). If we had a young team we would be backing them!! Reading this forum,it seems some want them to fail!! I don't understand!! Enlighten me please! why would you be negative about 1), a young QB who's been injured and 2) JD who has provided us a great roster!!! Its not his fault we are down to our 5th tackle, NO ONE could predict that. Personally, I think many of you have been scared from previous regimes!! Those are in the past, look to the future!!

i'll bite.  i think it's just that this team has been a tease for so many seasons.  maybe it's the way the media portrays them.  a lot of these reporters would build them up just to knock them down (like manish).  but their whole schitick is to sell copy so they'll pump things up when they're going good and then be viscious when things don't go the way they expected.  and then there are tons of psuedo fans like greenie who also does the pump and dump routine.  joe b?  can't even go there.  but then there's also the reality that there were just so many pretenders running the team.  mac was gm of the year and look how he turned out.  idzik was run out, maybe because he knew the emperor had no clothes.

but right now, even though it can be argued both wins were flukey in a way, they are sitting at 2-2 and have shown the ability to come from behind and actually make plays.  i don't think anyone thought joyner would do so well.  we've also seen this movie many times where they're good one week and flat the next.  i agree they have some really good pieces and players that will cause the other teams to scheme for.  they still have to put a string of wins together and start whumping up on the division.  that'll change the tone quite a bit.

3 hours ago, English Jet said:

So I've been Watching every Jets game for the last two seasons. I read this forum daily, Previously I was a Jets "supporter" for 30 years, now I class myself as a  fan!
What I've noticed is, so many people want to look at the negative, JD, IMO has done his job (excluding 2020) very well, we have such a gifted roster! Zach hasn't played a competitive game for months and months first game back and so many people want him to fail. I just don't understand it!! I'm English and a Millwall fan in football(soccer, whatever lol ). If we had a young team we would be backing them!! Reading this forum,it seems some want them to fail!! I don't understand!! Enlighten me please! why would you be negative about 1), a young QB who's been injured and 2) JD who has provided us a great roster!!! Its not his fault we are down to our 5th tackle, NO ONE could predict that. Personally, I think many of you have been scared from previous regimes!! Those are in the past, look to the future!!

IMO, there is a contingent of fans that make a knee jerk assessment  of the team, often saying the team, the QB, the CS is bad and it is important for them to be right. This is probably the negativity  you see. Now I personally  started out as a negative fan this season but I am seeing signs of a pulse lately. There is still a lot to fix but there is a way forward now so I am rooting for the team to continue to win, not that I ever wanted them to lose, I just didn't care either way because they were such a joke. Pieces  are now falling into place and as this continues, you will see more fans being positive. Zach needs to keep playing better every week. If he does that, you will wonder why you ever made this post

20 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

That's fine, that doesnt mean his time then does not count. He has to work with what he was given. He then got to pick his own coach.  Idzik never got to pick his coach either and got fired before he could. 

So if Gase and that roster were that bad, it shouldn't be that hard to do better than then 7-9 they achieved, considering what an amazing job I keep reading he is doing on here.

Sure all that is not wrong.... except Joe hasnt been here 4 years... just over 3 to be accurate....

And I think by most accounts... people are pretty excited about the roster. 

I appreciate your enthusiasm and perspective.

But get back to me when you sit through a decade or two of incompetence and misery.  

I truly hope you are jumping aboard at the right time. Not as much for you, but for me.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I honestly dont know any “closet Jets fans.” I don’t think they exist.

So I don’t agree at all with the “hide your head in the sand until times are good” comment.

Venting and complaining like a lot of Jets fans do isnt hiding at all. They’re being passionate to the results on the field.

In case you have’t noticed we’ve sucked since 2012. You can’t talk about this team the last 10 years and say “I LOVE WHAT I’M SEEING! THIS IS AMAZING!”

Every Jets fan on this forum is a fan regardless of how negative they are or not. They’re still engaged. Do I agree with being so negative? Not all. A lot of it is overkill. But I definitely don’t call them fair weather fans…

…save that for the Giants, Cowboys, Dolphins, and Patriots fans who disappear when their teams suck.

You seem to have missed the point.   Here's an example.  "I hope the Jets do x, y, z, they can expose a, b, c, and possibly win this game or keep it close, although I think they're overmatched because..."  That's a lot different than Zach sucks, defense sucks, the team sucks, they're gonna be an embarrassment, yada, yada, yada. 

Considering where the Jets came from, I do like what I'm seeing.  Its not amazing, but there's a lot of positives that can be taken from their recent play.  Doom and gloom 24/7 is NOT a Jets fan speaking.  And that's what I read in this forum day after day from the same group of guys that would rather be right than expose their hearts and weather the storm.  That's what Jets fans do.

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

There are in fact a few posters here who actually want Zach Wilson to fail simply so they can crow about their prowess in forecasting 

This is absolutely right. Those "few posters" will twist and turn anything, even progress or positives, into negatives about Zach. I think the millennials call it "gas lighting." Even though it's a few, they often dominate threads, or post enough of the same garbage that it is not worth the brain power to try to discuss a lot of the topics on JN.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

You seem to have missed the point.   Here's an example.  "I hope the Jets do x, y, z, they can expose a, b, c, and possibly win this game or keep it close, although I think they're overmatched because..."  That's a lot different than Zach sucks, defense sucks, the team sucks, they're gonna be an embarrassment, yada, yada, yada. 

Considering where the Jets came from, I do like what I'm seeing.  Its not amazing, but there's a lot of positives that can be taken from their recent play.  Doom and gloom 24/7 is NOT a Jets fan speaking.  And that's what I read in this forum day after day from the same group of guys that would rather be right than expose their hearts and weather the storm.  That's what Jets fans do.

I too prefer the silver lining approach but completely understand why a good majority of fans are bitter.

But we’re all fans and sir I will weather the damn storms right along side you…

image.gif.8b9b6aa4feafc85ceca60baf28907dfc.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, English Jet said:

4 hours ago, slats said:

I’m really not the best person to answer this query. I’m sure some of our resident experts will be happy to chime in, though. Enjoy! 

first of all, do just love spotted dick? asking for a friend

second, english soccer fans have songs they sing at the top of their lungs at match or darbies or whatever you call them.  I have watched a few series following a couple premier league clubs.

for example, Leeds United.

Leeds Are Falling Apart Again

So until the jets collectively compose a song to be sung at our team in unison at the stadium I dont want to hear it. No this is not a challenge @T0mShane

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

To a hammer, every problem is a nail.

To a homer, everything less homer than them is a hater.

Round and round we go....

Personally, I think we could do with a heck of alot less people questioning the fandom of other people.  JMO.

Particularly from a certain moderator.  Especially since the solution to a lot of problems on JN is to offer the suggestion "put them on ignore". 

We aren't able to put a mod on ignore on JN.  

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Ehh f**k off with this take.  It's more than enough that I continue to show up and tell people I'm a Jets fan despite the scorn and laughter received.  I've been here and I'm not going anywhere.  I and others like me have earned the privilege to complain about the results.

The "rah rah" crap doesn't make someone a fan or a better fan than others.  Enough with this sh*t.  

• Post of the Week 4

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ehh f**k off with this take.  It's more than enough that I continue to show up and tell people I'm a Jets fan despite the scorn and laughter received.  I've been here and I'm not going anywhere.  I and others like me have earned the privilege to complain about the results.

The "rah rah" crap doesn't make someone a fan or a better fan than others.  Enough with this sh*t.  

Meh... does it?  Do you simply "rep" and comply with the harassment or do you post a flag of optimism? 

I've seen enough to know... but feel free to put me in my place.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Even the one where he led the team to a 10-0 lead? 

It’s a long season. That was a pretty good first game back. Big game this week, a lot of pressure to get that first divisional win in years. I’m looking forward to it. 

1st qt- 3-5 60% 32 yards. it was ok but nothing to write home about

2nd qt- 3-11 27% 59 yards 1 INT. ... Horrible

3rd qt- 2-8 25% 33 yards 1 INT..... Horrible

4th qt- 10-12 83% 133 yards 1 TD....... Great

your right the 1st wasnt so bad. but then its not rust. the 2nd-3rd was really bad it must be like some here said he has mental lapses or something. its a long season so we will see.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

So you think you're the arbiter of who is and who isn't a Jets Fan, eh?  

And you've nominated yourself for that role after, lets see, 5 months here at JN. 

Long enough, it seems, to tell people who've been here since the start they're sh*tty bad fans.  Nice.

There is more negativity in this post than most Zach sucks posts, you just aim it at your fellow Jets Fans instead of the team or it's players.

For all the cynicism or doubt or frustration of the so-called "negative fans", most of whom have bled Jets Green as hardcore as hardcore comes for many, many decades at minimum, those folks rarely ever try and play the "fandom gatekeeper" game or deny the positive fans their right to their fandom.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2