Breece Hall is a monster.

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I’ve been unfairly critical of Douglas and I’m always wary of jumping the gun on players early but the 2022 draft looks like a best case scenario type at the minute.

We could conceivably have the DROY and have a couple of guys in the running for OROY.

*Fixed it for you 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I remember when Jake Asman had the guy from SI on his Mock draft and I suggested Breece hall in the 2nd round and practically got laughed off the program.   It should be obvious everyone at this point that Hall was tremendous pick up.   The importance of a strong running game for a.young quarterbacks development cannot be overstated.  To get the best back the draft (receiving, running and pass blocking) was a stroke of genius by JD.

Strongest in class for a couple years worth. Talent like him is rare.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I’ve been critical of Douglas and I’m always wary of jumping the gun on players early but the 2022 draft looks like a best case scenario type at the minute.

We could conceivably have the DROY and have a couple of guys in the running for OROY.

Pinching myself 

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Nah.

Yes I did. You for the "unfairly" part. You have been unfairly critical of him. I'm a Douglas critic as well. But I criticize him for errors he makes not for injuries or thing out of his control and I recognize the many things you pretend to be unaware of or ignore. Like fixing the front office and power structure 

• Sympathy 3

42 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I remember when Jake Asman had the guy from SI on his Mock draft and I suggested Breece hall in the 2nd round and practically got laughed off the program.   It should be obvious everyone at this point that Hall was tremendous pick up.   The importance of a strong running game for a.young quarterbacks development cannot be overstated.  To get the best back the draft (receiving, running and pass blocking) was a stroke of genius by JD.

lots of posters on this board pounded for Breece in the late first round round AND then in the second. IIRC I wanted him in the late 1st bc he wouldn't make to us at our second round pick

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The thought u pass up these elite backs cause you can find backs in the 4th or 5th round is the dumbest thought process out there.

A rb can be your entire offense a lot of the time.  Breece was worthy of being the number 1 pick in the draft.

Comparing his production so far to any of the top 3 picks in the draft is laughable.

Basically, nobody is laughing at the Giants anymore for drafting Saquon #2.  We got Breece a full round later.  Like with Saquon, people laughed then....not so much anymore.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The thought u pass up these elite backs cause you can find backs in the 4th or 5th round is the dumbest thought process out there.

A rb can be your entire offense a lot of the time.  Breece was worthy of being the number 1 pick in the draft.

Comparing his production so far to any of the top 3 picks in the draft is laughable.

to be fair, not all backs are created equal. 

1 minute ago, Vader said:

lots of posters on this board pounded for Breece in the late first round round AND then in the second. IIRC I wanted him in the late 1st bc he wouldn't make to us at our second round pick

So you're suggesting that *gasp* Joe Douglas is competent at his job?!  :)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I’ve been critical of Douglas and I’m always wary of jumping the gun on players early but the 2022 draft looks like a best case scenario type at the minute.

If Zach can play well throughout the season, there's a good chance this group can offset all the other bad sh*t.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Hall, Wilson and Sauce. All of them are good. I don’t remember any draft with three studs from it. 

And from the looks of it, every single other pick is showing potential to be contributors if not eventual starters.

JJ2, Mad Max, Clemons, and Ruckert are all looking like solid picks for where we drafted them.

FWIW, You could, maybe, argue that Chad, Ellis, and Abraham were a pretty solid set of three picks, with Coles following up in the 3rd.  This group is probably going to be better, but that was a nice haul.

• Upvote 1