Breece Hall is a monster.

18 hours ago, Vader said:

to be fair, not all backs are created equal. 

Of course not.  But that is what scouts are for.  When a special talent is available at the running back position, you don't pass on him because of conventional wisdom.

18 hours ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I love this trio of players.. Wilson, Sauce, and Breece all competing for ROTY ?

Breece might be competing with Sauce for rookie of the Week this week. That's fun.

Do defensive players ever win that?

I really pay no attention.

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Of course not.  But that is what scouts are for.  When a special talent is available at the running back position, you don't pass on him because of conventional wisdom.

It's easy for us to say this after-the-fact, after the 179 yard performance.

A scout can pound the table for his RB prospect all they want. GMs have to ignore the noise. The conventional wisdom that RBs are dime-a-dozen regardless is the prevailing wisdom. Every GM passed on Breece. At least once. And important to note that JD had 4 picks to play with.

RBs are still just not valued by GMs as they used to be. This one was a homerun. 

23 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I remember when Jake Asman had the guy from SI on his Mock draft and I suggested Breece hall in the 2nd round and practically got laughed off the program.   It should be obvious everyone at this point that Hall was tremendous pick up.   The importance of a strong running game for a.young quarterbacks development cannot be overstated.  To get the best back the draft (receiving, running and pass blocking) was a stroke of genius by JD.

If the draft was held today, knowing everything that has transpired to date this year, Sauce would not last until #4, and Breece Hall would not last until the 2nd round of the draft.  This much is certain!  And Max Mitchell doesn't last until the 4th round either.

• Upvote 2

He was my personal favorite pick.  I'd hoped for JD to get him...and he did.  

For me...he was the one player that could be the table setter for this offense.  Anytime he can be schemed into having some space to operate with.  He can turn it into an explosive play.  Today he did just that as a receiver.  And grinded it out on the ground...breaking tackles & running with power...to provide Jets a decent run game with his sheer determination. 

IMO...Breece is just scratching the surface.  Best is yet to come.  

Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

Hall is the guy that the Jets never pick in the 2nd or 3rd and instead pick Jachai Polite or Amaro or some interior linemen, and you watch the guy tear up the league for 4-5 years and ponder how awesome it would have been to watch him in a Jets uniform. Then the Hot Take Boiz shoot in like the Kool-Aid Man every time you mention him because ooooohhhh noooooo you never take a RB early nooooooo how dare yooooooouuuu.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Hall is the guy that the Jets never pick in the 2nd or 3rd and instead pick Jachai Polite or Amaro or some interior linemen, and you watch the guy tear up the league for 4-5 years and ponder how awesome it would have been to watch him in a Jets uniform. Then the Hot Take Boiz shoot in like the Kool-Aid Man every time you mention him because ooooohhhh noooooo you never take a RB early nooooooo how dare yooooooouuuu.

I'm a hot take boy who always said never take a running back in round 1 - Although I wanted Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker III in round 2 this year. 

I was wrong. A player of Bree Hall's caliber would be worth a 1st round pick. And sure enough, JD was trying to trade back into the first round to get him. It's amazing that we got this guy in the 2nd round. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

While he is 3 inches shorter and 10 pounds heavier, I get the same vibe and I think it is because he runs smooth, always forward and seems to be able to slice between tacklers like Allen. 

Allen was smooth as silk and was a huge dual threat as a pass catcher and running back.  He was also a big game player.  We can only hope this kid plays in some big games.  

8 hours ago, Vader said:

It's easy for us to say this after-the-fact, after the 179 yard performance.

A scout can pound the table for his RB prospect all they want. GMs have to ignore the noise. The conventional wisdom that RBs are dime-a-dozen regardless is the prevailing wisdom. Every GM passed on Breece. At least once. And important to note that JD had 4 picks to play with.

RBs are still just not valued by GMs as they used to be. This one was a homerun. 

I guess you missed the part when I said I wanted him drafted in the 2nd round months before the draft?  This has nothing to do with his performance yesterday as I made that post a week ago.  Please try and keep up.   It is not about the fact he is a "running back" but he is a running back who is a game changer.  Those are NOT a dime a dozen.   It is about thinking outside of the box and not caring what other GMs do or don't do.  

Btw, the reason JD moved up to take him is because he didn't think he was going to last until 38.