First Ever Black Friday game in 2023

2 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

They're just slow pimpin us into having a premium memberships scattered on different platforms to watch theses football games. It's not going to be next year or the year after. But down the road your going to have to get your wallets out to be entertained.

A few years ago I would have bought anything the NFL was selling but the product has become so bad I have no problem only watching football on Sundays....I'm also not a degenerate gambler.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Very possible.

prob a team with a national following or def super bowl champ.

steelers, chiefs, bills would make sense.

poss gb or 9ers as well

I was kind of thinking they'd go Northeast.  CFB not as big in the region and and traditionally it was always a good college day.  But, absolutely, the national following is always in play.

• Upvote 1

I understand the NFL is a business but sometimes I wonder why they feel the need to squeeze every penny out of their product at the expense of quality and accessibility.   The streaming is choppy and no two TVs run the same so if you are in a public spot with multiple TVs people are cheering for plays you haven't seen yet.  As far as audience volume I can only guess at how many people who might otherwise watch either are unaware the game is streaming, don't know where to find it, or don't have access to it all together.  The ratings if they are able to monitor them have to be abysmal. Compound that with the fact that Thursday night night games are mandatory - each team is required to be in one meaning the matchups  are likely to be uninspiring.   I'm sure this is the opening salvo in what is likely going to be a much larger pap-per-view presence moving forward - these companies just have so much cash - but the quality thus far leaves an awful lot to be desired.        

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, undertow said:

A few years ago I would have bought anything the NFL was selling but the product has become so bad I have no problem only watching football on Sundays....I'm also not a degenerate gambler.  

Same here.  The product is so watered down now that I find it hard to watch non-Jets games.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Good. That may be the slowest, most boring day of the year. There's literally nothing to do that day at my in-laws' house. Wife shops and will not bang there. You get some 2nd rate college game usually I think, and they don't have any interest in watching a movie or whatever. Dry leftover turkey for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kids whine because they also have nothing to do. I resorted to doing shrooms at their kitchen counter last year just to break the monotony. 

Here's how to handle it:  "Honey I'm doing shrooms today and someone is getting banged.  I'd prefer it be you but I'm gonna need your mom warming up in the bullpen just in case you're not up for it." 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

They're just slow pimpin us into having a premium memberships scattered on different platforms to watch theses football games. It's not going to be next year or the year after. But down the road your going to have to get your wallets out to be entertained.

I’m guessing it will be next year, as soon as DirectV loses the exclusive

2 hours ago, undertow said:

I'm actually in the process of getting rid of all these sports and movie apps I'm wasting hundreds of dollars a month for no reason....I'll just find a link or something. lol

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I'm actually in the process of getting rid of all these sports and movie apps I'm wasting hundreds of dollars a month for no reason....I'll just find a link or something. lol

If you find a decent solution, please let me know.  Cable is ridiculously expensive.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You do realize the United States ?? plays England ??????? in the World Cup on this upcoming Black Friday next month?

That match is going to draw a HUGE audience rating…

Would have gotten an even bigger audience rating if it was on July 4

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I understand the NFL is a business but sometimes I wonder why they feel the need to squeeze every penny out of their product at the expense of quality and accessibility.   The streaming is choppy and no two TVs run the same so if you are in a public spot with multiple TVs people are cheering for plays you haven't seen yet.  As far as audience volume I can only guess at how many people who might otherwise watch either are unaware the game is streaming, don't know where to find it, or don't have access to it all together.  The ratings if they are able to monitor them have to be abysmal. Compound that with the fact that Thursday night night games are mandatory - each team is required to be in one meaning the matchups  are likely to be uninspiring.   I'm sure this is the opening salvo in what is likely going to be a much larger pap-per-view presence moving forward - these companies just have so much cash - but the quality thus far leaves an awful lot to be desired.        

Maybe NFL is throwing Amazon a bone for the absolutely terrible lineup for most of the games this year...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Billionaires don't become billionaires without being greedy enough to squeeze out every penny.

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I doubt Amazon goes that route with this. If anything they'll take the L. Amazon is like Costco, they happily take the loss on The Expanse and football if it gets you to buy more books and knockoff iPhone chargers.

14 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Here's how to handle it:  "Honey I'm doing shrooms today and someone is getting banged.  I'd prefer it be you but I'm gonna need your mom warming up in the bullpen just in case you're not up for it." 

Swap in sister for mom and you might be on to something 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

They will likely have to start paying  us to continue watching TNF with the slate of games so far this season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Not excited for Saints/Cards tomorrow night?

If it wasn't for online gambling/Fantasy, who would watch this?

I’m excited but it’s because Mrs Crusher has prepares football food for me whenever there is a NFL game on. May watch a movie instead, but please don’t tell her. Thanks. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Good. That may be the slowest, most boring day of the year. There's literally nothing to do that day at my in-laws' house. Wife shops and will not bang there. You get some 2nd rate college game usually I think, and they don't have any interest in watching a movie or whatever. Dry leftover turkey for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kids whine because they also have nothing to do. I resorted to doing shrooms at their kitchen counter last year just to break the monotony. 

Twc306 Please Stop Saying Literally GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t