Lets Talk Jets vs Patriots

Somewhere in Foxborough today, Belichick will be burying a game ball after yesterday’s beat-down by the Bears.

I hope Zappe gets the nod. He’s one-dimensional. Good arm, likes to throw downfield, but he’s got no mobility. I think our secondary can take care of things. Also,the bears did a good job adjusting at halftime by keeping him in the pocket and batting down what seemed to be a thousand passes. So, they’ve shown us how to defend against this guy.

Mac is able to escape the pocket and run with the ball when plays fall apart. A bit harder to defend even though he too seems hesitant to throw downfield. ( hello Zach)

I think Belichick yanked Mac too soon hoping to catch lightning in a bottle like as if they’ve discovered the next Brady (wishful thinking)

This is a character building game for the Jets. If they can avoid all of them boneheaded penalties like the ones the committed in the first half in Denver, we can do it. But, if we beat ourselves well, you know the rest…

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Yet another tough game for our offense. It's going to be interesting to see how BB sets up his defense. He's likely going to stack 8 in the box. Zach is going to have to throw the ball. We need Elijah Moore and Garrett Wilson to step up.

Another low scoring game.

We need Zach to step up and not play like hebhas the last two games. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Somewhere in Foxborough today, Belichick will be burying a game ball after yesterday’s beat-down by the Bears.

I hope Zappe gets the nod. He’s one-dimensional. Good arm, likes to throw downfield, but he’s got no mobility. I think our secondary can take care of things. Also,the bears did a good job adjusting at halftime by keeping him in the pocket and batting down what seemed to be a thousand passes. So, they’ve shown us how to defend against this guy.

Mac is able to escape the pocket and run with the ball when plays fall apart. A bit harder to defend even though he too seems hesitant to throw downfield. ( hello Zach)

I think Belichick yanked Mac too soon hoping to catch lightning in a bottle like as if they’ve discovered the next Brady (wishful thinking)

This is a character building game for the Jets. If they can avoid all of them boneheaded penalties like the ones the committed in the first half in Denver, we can do it. But, if we beat ourselves well, you know the rest…

I really don't  expect to see thebse Pats team as we did against the Bears. I expect to see a lot of blitzing and a stacked box on D and a ball control offense. That said, both of these QBs are as flawed as any I have ever seen. Zappe is worse than Mac. As soon as the Bears D started to pressure him, he folded. This Pats team is beatable, even with our O. This is Zachs biggest game. We need him to play like he did against the Steelers in the 4th qrt. We need 2 or 3 TDs from him, no picks and no fumbles. They will go a long way to sticking a fork in the Pats. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!!

Overcoming the Bills this year would be a crazy insane task. I am rooting for it but a step before that, a big step, is overcoming the Dolphins and Patriots.

The Jets are going to win on Sunday!

I feel a little like Jim Mora every time someone brings up beating the Bills this year, but I have a lot of faith in this Jets defense, and the Bears just made both of Bill’s Brady-replacement-hopefuls looks quite a bit less than stellar. Even with the injuries, they can beat the Pats. In fact, I’d expect those injuries to be somewhat of a rallying cry for the team. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't  expect to see thebse Pats team as we did against the Bears. I expect to see a lot of blitzing and a stacked box on D and a ball control offense. That said, both of these QBs are as flawed as any I have ever seen. Zappe is worse than Mac. As soon as the Bears D started to pressure him, he folded. This Pats team is beatable, even with our O. This is Zachs biggest game. We need him to play like he did against the Steelers in the 4th qrt. We need 2 or 3 TDs from him, no picks and no fumbles. They will go a long way to sticking a fork in the Pats. 

This game will potentially follow the same blueprint as recent weeks ... rely on the defense to keep the Patsies from getting out to a big lead, special teams to manage field position and a cautious offense. Take what's there, but don't make big mistakes by trying to force it. Zappe had three turnovers against the Bears, if we can win the turnover battle we'll likely win the game.

Could be yet another tight game going into the 4th quarter. Being honest, it'll be a tough game, but I do fancy our chances. Imagine what a lift it would be if we walk off the field with another win, after the crappy week so far? Can't wait!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER!!!

Overcoming the Bills this year would be a crazy insane task. I am rooting for it but a step before that, a big step, is overcoming the Dolphins and Patriots.

The Jets are going to win on Sunday!

The next two weeks is gonna be crazy at MetLife. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The next two weeks is gonna be crazy at MetLife. 

Yes it is.

forecast for Sunday looks great so if fans can make it it should be electric.

could be similiar to the jets/pats game in think in 09 that was one of the loudest home games in memory

• Upvote 1

I really feel like the NFL might be at a turning point right now.  I was fully convinced the Pats were going to destroy us these next 2 games (this week and then right after the bye).  But after their blowout loss yesterday at home against the Bears where Mac got benched for Zappe, who looked pretty bad (after a really good start), I don't know anymore.

I know they're saying scoring is down in the NFL these days and, to me, that's a welcome change.  I've always loved when football involved defense and the running game.  I like when ground and pound can actually be a thing.  I'm not saying I don't like a high flying passing offense too but I really want football to return to a sport where teams can be successful with different styles.  One team can be a great passing team while another can be a physical team that plays great defense.  To me, THAT is football.

I felt like the season was slipping away after the Breece/AVT injuries.  But maybe it was more because I still was thinking in the framework of recent years, where we had games like that ghastly 54-51 Rams/Chiefs Monday nighter.  That was the nadir of this era if you ask me.  Even the riveting Chiefs/Bills playoff game last year was also kind of pathetic because there were (if my math is correct) 25 points scored in the final 2 minutes.  It's nowhere near as exciting if the NFL has essentially turned into the Arena League.

I really hope this is a shift toward lower scoring for the NFL.  It would be a VERY welcome change, imo.

image.png.618a6f475bf69385a58f9bbdefa7d08f.png

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

It was a scary injury so I hope he is ok, but it looks like David Andrews will miss this game which is a big loss for the Pats interior OL.   The backup center is James Ferenz who is essentially a journeyman.

I also hope we took a lot from the game last night offensively.  Jet sweeps, misdirection, couple QB runs - all things we need to do to keep the pats defense from teeing off on Zach and the running game.  

Should be a great game and a real opportunity to put the Pats in a tough spot for the post season with a win

• Upvote 1

As enjoyable as it was seeing the Pats get smacked on primetime at home and that beautiful display of karma on that bush league bitch ass Mac Jones, I'm a slightly more worried about this game because of the idea of the Pats losing back to back games to Justin Fields and Zach Wilson.  lol

That said, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the Jets match up really really well.  I really cant imagine the Patriots having a better day on offense than they did vs. the Bears.  If Zach Wilson can wake up and have a game like Fields did, this could be a blow out, if not, and more likely, I expect it to be another similar game, a war of attrition and the Jets take over in the 4th quarter. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

What exactly am I looking at, and what do these boomers have to do with the pats?

Fireman Ed and Joe Benigno is what you're looking at.

They don't really have anything to do with the Pats but those GIFs do amuse me!

The Jets drive their fans crazy.  And some of our fans are nuts to begin with - lol.

• Haha 1

We are missing our best receiver, best running back and our best offensive lineman.

And I still think we are going to win this game.  Joe Douglas has just killed it regarding depth on this team.

In past years we would never have been able to survive in situations like this.  Now I still think we will win the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

The key to beating the Pats will be stopping the run. I think BB will go big on O with plenty of double TE sets (maybe even with a T at one TE spot) and try to ram the ball down the Jets throat because it neutralizes the Jets strong DB play and pass rush and I am quite confident that BB thinks the Jets LBs are undersized and will wear down. He'll also probably make some runs right at Sauce to test whether he is a willing participant in run D. 

• Upvote 1