Lets Talk Jets vs Patriots

Its been a rough week for us injury wise, but the Pats are quietly missing 3 really key players in David Andrews, Christian Barmore and Kyle Duggar.

The drop in talent and leadership at center from David Andrews to James Ferenz is massive.  This is a game where QW hopefully can dominate from the opening snap and really anchor the run defense while giving Mac a lot to think about when he drops back.  Mac isnt mobile to begin with and on a bad ankle with suspect confidence he should be in for quite a day vs our pass rush if Andrews cant play.

Barmore is by far their best DL and leaves them with a big hole in their run defense, even with us being down Breece and AVT.

Duggar got hurt monday night and is a big part of their run defense at SS.  

The Bears gave us a good blueprint on monday night.  We need to have a creative running game with a couple jet sweeps to Berrios who really excels at reading his blocks.  I wouldnt hate seeing a couple plays with Moore in the backfield as he did it at Ole Miss and has the ability to break a run in space.  Him playing the slot and GW on the outside also would be a smart move.  The pats also struggle to stop screen passes so I hope we focus on that with MC out of the backfield.  

This is absolutely a winnable game and I know the team is really going to be fired up as I hope the crowd is.  6-2 with one game before the bye would be huge!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This game lies squarely on the DLines shoulders. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to squash the Pats OLine.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Agreed. This is once again a big game for Zach and the CS. This offense NEEDS to figure out a way to manufacture points. If the gameplan is for Zach to be a game-manager, LaFleur needs to be creative in how the Jets will generate points and Zach needs to execute. 

Agreed. This is once again a big game for Zach and the CS. This offense NEEDS to figure out a way to manufacture points. If the gameplan is for Zach to be a game-manager, LaFleur needs to be creative in how the Jets will generate points and Zach needs to execute. 
I see what you did here

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

to all the non-believers @FidelioJet

That was a mostly vet team - 

Young QB, but Vets everywhere and healthy.

This Jet team is just too young to beat Belly....

If they weren't, again, the most injured team in the NFL - maybe that would be different, but that's not the case.

Give me Becton, AVT, Fant, Hall and Davis and I would say they might have a shot...but they don't.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If they weren't, again, the most injured team in the NFL - maybe that would be different, but that's not the case.

Give me Becton, AVT, Fant, Hall and Davis and I would say they might have a shot...but they don't.

We Gona make you eat your words tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

Before we talk about Zack, we need to talk about our Defense. Saleh and his boys need to stay stout against the run and harass Mac with our front 4 (no blitzing). CJ and Quincy need to stay focused and shut down NE's run. DJ/Sauce need to attack the flats on screens and dump-offs (Sauce had 10 tackles in Denver, need another 10 this week).

If Saleh can hold NE to 14-ish points, MLF and Zack have a good shot to eek-out another great win.

Jets 16-14

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets roster is better than Pats from top to bottom. Plenty of vets to keep the kids from getting too amped and trying to do too much. I am excited and optimistic. Our turn to have a fun "Homecoming" game.

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

“Anybody can be beat”. Bart Scott 

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I realize message boards are a bit of a dated concept, but wtf is that website? It's like looking through a wormhole into 2002. Get it together you masshole freaks!

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2022 at 12:54 PM, BCJet said:

Its been a rough week for us injury wise, but the Pats are quietly missing 3 really key players in David Andrews, Christian Barmore and Kyle Duggar.

The drop in talent and leadership at center from David Andrews to James Ferenz is massive.  This is a game where QW hopefully can dominate from the opening snap and really anchor the run defense while giving Mac a lot to think about when he drops back.  Mac isnt mobile to begin with and on a bad ankle with suspect confidence he should be in for quite a day vs our pass rush if Andrews cant play.

Barmore is by far their best DL and leaves them with a big hole in their run defense, even with us being down Breece and AVT.

Duggar got hurt monday night and is a big part of their run defense at SS.  

The Bears gave us a good blueprint on monday night.  We need to have a creative running game with a couple jet sweeps to Berrios who really excels at reading his blocks.  I wouldnt hate seeing a couple plays with Moore in the backfield as he did it at Ole Miss and has the ability to break a run in space.  Him playing the slot and GW on the outside also would be a smart move.  The pats also struggle to stop screen passes so I hope we focus on that with MC out of the backfield.  

This is absolutely a winnable game and I know the team is really going to be fired up as I hope the crowd is.  6-2 with one game before the bye would be huge!

Came into this thread to discuss this exactly. Well done.