This board’s ridiculous

Phillyjet

We have a young and talented team on both sides of the ball. We can’t be held back by a qb trying to figure it out. I agree he likely gets the year, but if he doesn’t turn it around and fast, you can’t bring him back as the starter next year. And not just some old vet for a fake competition, you have to go out and get a legit started that can take this team somewhere. Whether it’s throwing the bag at Lamar (if that’s even an option), or trading for a solid to good starter (my pick is Derek carr if available), Zach can’t be the starter next year doing these things. 

• Upvote 4

Zach is the reason the jets lost today.  The defense gave up 1 touchdown.  They bent, didn’t break.  Zach threw the ball to the opposing team 3 times - 2 more targets then he did his 2nd best receiver.  And it wasn’t the o-lines fault. If the run game isn’t going to produce like it had, he has to be better.  And I have zero faith that he’s going to be.

• Upvote 4
  • Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.

I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

We could have had multiple SB's with Geno.

Man Slapping Couch Laughing GIF

• Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, usanyj said:

We have a young and talented team on both sides of the ball. We can’t be held back by a qb trying to figure it out. I agree he likely gets the year, but if he doesn’t turn it around and fast, you can’t bring him back as the starter next year. And not just some old vet for a fake competition, you have to go out and get a legit started that can take this team somewhere. Whether it’s throwing the bag at Lamar (if that’s even an option), or trading for a solid to good starter (my pick is Derek carr if available), Zach can’t be the starter next year doing these things. 

I agree with this, but let’s play it out first.  We’re not getting Lamar.  Derek Carr, maybe.   Face it, it will be a retread.  Thinking a Baker Mayfield on the cheap.  Qbs don’t grow on trees.  

But Zach’s story this season is not fully written.  I still think odds are he finishes strong.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

There were several tweets showing wide open receivers today that Zach failed to find.   

If the receiver isn't straight in front of him he doesn't see him.  

I saw some live.  When Zach is scrambling around I haven’t seen anything other games (bad TV angles so who knows) but in this game there were some there.  

• Upvote 1

Yes, we will judge him at the end of the year.

That is the most overused phrase for this kid; "If he can figure this out". Meaning he hasn't figured this out.  

He threw three picks and had some awful misses. Set your feet and step into the throw, I saw him with his body moving backwards trying to force forward passes...it does not work. Why can't he get this basic concept? 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Sky is always falling every time we lose.  Did Zach play well today?  No, he wasn’t good enough.  We saw good and bad Zach today.  He’ll face adversity now.  We’ll see how he responds.

But this idea of reflexively changing qbs or that he is a bust, I don’t really get.  We have another 8 games to go.  His evaluation will occur at season’s end.  Face it, we are sinking and swimming with him this year.  We’ll see how he responds.

I still rather have his upside than any of the qbs in his class.  Mac’s ceiling is pretty obvious.  If Zach can figure it out, his talent is pretty special.  Those who hate him fail to see the dimes he also threw today.  If he doesn’t figure it out we’ll bring in a vet next year to compete with him. 

Saw this one coming, and so I am not gonna go to the gutter.  We were due for a humbling and adversity. Now we’ll see in the second half how we respond.  I expect a much better game from Zach next week.  We’ll see how they do against the Bills.

Onward; trade deadline next. We’re 5-3.  Get over it.

I don’t hate him but the dimes you reference were also his first read option.

when that is not there you get the other zach which is 80% of the time.

that Zach is simply not good

• Upvote 2