Big Picture Reminder

ive tried not to give into the hysteria, and i agree with the above...i think most people do. the problematic part for me was the play of the QB....and not because he had a bad game...because he looked like he didnt belong. i have hope that he rebounds, he has to play well vs the bills....even if they lose....and i also trust JD to go into next season eyes wide open. lets see what that looks like.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You stole this from a Titans board circa 2017. 

If we were able to actually replicate Tennessee’s 2018-2021 record over the next 4 seasons, that would be a legit step forward for this franchise: four straight winning seasons, two division titles, and a #1 seed in the AFC? 

where do I sign?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If we were able to actually replicate Tennessee’s 2018-2021 record over the next 4 seasons, that would be a legit step forward for this franchise: four straight winning seasons, two division titles, and a #1 seed in the AFC? 

where do I sign?

You have to apply for realignment to get the Jaguars, Colts, and Texans in your division first

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Agree with this post, and we all need to step back every once in a while to appreciate that after a dozen years of futility there's real reason for some optimism. 

But I'm only seeing 6 picks in 2023 - one each in rounds 1-5 and the Texans 6th rounder.  Are you factoring in projected comp picks? 

Agree for the most part, but I'm not at all sold on Saleh yet.

The team still appears too undisciplined to me. There are still so many stupid mistakes and penalties, and there's no apparent accountability for any of it. The difference last week between the Pats and Jets was not the talent on the field. The Jets basically handed the game to the Pats on a platter. The Pats never beat themselves, and the Jets find multiple, creative ways to do it.

• Upvote 2

I feel good about the front office, the roster they’ve built, and the coaching staff. Last Sunday was a kick in the nads but, before the season, there’s no way I would’ve had the team above .500 at the halfway point. I saw this as a learning to win year and they seem to be doing a good job of that. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

As this board has been angsting over the play of Wilson, the OC's calls, the failure to use Elijah Moore, the loss of players to injury, the possibility that Mims can emerge, and more, we've lost sight of just how well positioned the Jets are for the future. 

The D is playing great. Garret Wilson appears to be the real deal WR we've been waiting for. The D line is awesome. The secondary may be even better. The Jets are 5-3. The HC appears to be the real deal. The GM is a grown up who makes excellent decisions considering both the short and long term of every move. And, more importantly, with the exception of maybe CJ Mosely everyone important to the team's success is young and improving. Not only that, we have Breece Hall, AVT and Becton returning next season along with next years draft class of 10 players (with 4 additional 6th round picks one may become a 5th if Robinson gets 600 yards); plus the Jets have 9 picks in the 2024 draft (with 2 additional picks in the 4th round); and  the Jets have a healthy salary cap situation moving forward. When was the last time the Jets had talent on their roster, lots of future draft picks AND cap space?

OMG! pinch me!  It is actually happening. The Jets are becoming a professionally run franchise. Who knows, maybe [politics removed] and the Jets end up with their West Side stadium. At this point, anything is possible.

Agree and I have to say I fully expect us to make the playoffs. You would think we were 2-6 with the way the board is right now

• Upvote 1

Anyone who isn’t happy with what this team, CS and FO has done so far this season is just looking for a reason to be unhappy.

I totally get the frustration with the QB (in truth, I share it) but we need to remember this was always supposed to be a year where we find out if he can be the guy or not.
We all said he needed to play every game in order to truly know one way or the other. It’s not looking good 5 games in, but that’s not a fair amount of time to decide either…

Again, I understand that the team gelling sooner than we expected has changed a lot of peopl’s willingness to be patient, but all this talk of moving on from him now is silly. We need to remember the end game here.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

WHO do I sign?

Derrick Henry

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

we are only as well positioned as our QB is and we dont have one. i will feel better when we know who he is.

Eh, there will be decent QBs available if Wilson craps out. 

The roster is in good shape and the GM is good, IMO. There is reason to think there might be some light at the end of this tunnel. 

The biggest issue we have is Buffalo being in our division. We can't ever seem to escape these juggernaut teams. 80s Dolphins, early 90s Bills, 2000-2020 Pats, now the Bills again. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Agree with this post, and we all need to step back every once in a while to appreciate that after a dozen years of futility there's real reason for some optimism. 

But I'm only seeing 6 picks in 2023 - one each in rounds 1-5 and the Texans 6th rounder.  Are you factoring in projected comp picks? 

This is where I got it https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Jets.htm

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You have to apply for realignment to get the Jaguars, Colts, and Texans in your division first

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The roster is in good shape and the GM is good, IMO. There is reason to think there might be some light at the end of this tunnel. 

The biggest issue we have is Buffalo being in our division. We can't ever seem to escape these juggernaut teams. 80s Dolphins, early 90s Bills, 2000-2020 Pats, now the Bills again. 

It has to be the absolute worst luck that the one of the best ever QBs in Brady finally leaves the division and then f'n miracle boy Josh Allen becomes the best in the league within his 3rd year. Not even like a Derek Carr or Kirk Cousins....we get the 7'2 freak of nature once in a generation QB. F U Football Gods. 

So now the Jets are stuck competing with that for the next decade. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Steel sharpens steel. 

• Upvote 1

I feel confident about the franchise moving forward and translating the actions and feelings to W-L ratios. 

So far we are 5-3, tangible evidence it is working. We just need 4 more wins in the next 9 to be over 500. Lets get it done and snag a WC spot.

Then, LOOK OUT 2023 season.....

I seriously thought that this team would be 0-9 or 1-8 by the bye due in part from last year's performance.

In my eyes they're light years ahead of schedule for this rebuild. If they get to 8 or 9 wins I feel very confident about the future of this franchise.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The team still appears too undisciplined to me. There are still so many stupid mistakes and penalties, and there's no apparent accountability for any of it. The difference last week between the Pats and Jets was not the talent on the field. The Jets basically handed the game to the Pats on a platter. The Pats never beat themselves, and the Jets find multiple, creative ways to do it.

Easy to do when you're playing 18 on 11 every week . 

5-3 at this point is essentially best case scenario for this team.  As is often what happens you do not get to where you are going the way you expect or hope for but the fact is here we are.  Unless the Jets completely fall off the cliff (which is possible) this will be looked at as a stepping stone year.  The injuries to Hall and AVT put a real damper on this year.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

As this board has been angsting over the play of Wilson, the OC's calls, the failure to use Elijah Moore, the loss of players to injury, the possibility that Mims can emerge, and more, we've lost sight of just how well positioned the Jets are for the future. 

The D is playing great. Garret Wilson appears to be the real deal WR we've been waiting for. The D line is awesome. The secondary may be even better. The Jets are 5-3. The HC appears to be the real deal. The GM is a grown up who makes excellent decisions considering both the short and long term of every move. And, more importantly, with the exception of maybe CJ Mosely everyone important to the team's success is young and improving. Not only that, we have Breece Hall, AVT and Becton returning next season along with next years draft class of 10 players (with 4 additional 6th round picks one may become a 5th if Robinson gets 600 yards); plus the Jets have 9 picks in the 2024 draft (with 2 additional picks in the 4th round); and  the Jets have a healthy salary cap situation moving forward. When was the last time the Jets had talent on their roster, lots of future draft picks AND cap space?

OMG! pinch me!  It is actually happening. The Jets are becoming a professionally run franchise. Who knows, maybe [politics removed] and the Jets end up with their West Side stadium. At this point, anything is possible.

Stop it. You're making too much sense.

Don't you know we lost last week and the World has come to an end?LOL

Great post.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ah, confusing chart. It tracks each pick through every trade it's been involved in. And their info isn't complete.  Looks like the current holder of each pick is in the column furthest on the right.  Jets have 6 picks as of today in 2023.  Could end up with one each in rounds 1-6, or 1-4, and two 6ths depending on the conditional James Robinson pick.   

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

good points. we are so unlucky to be in this divison.

only the AFC and NFC Easts dont have not one team under 500. and by Sunday night we are probably the only one.

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It has to be the absolute worst luck that the one of the best ever QBs in Brady finally leaves the division and then f'n miracle boy Josh Allen becomes the best in the league within his 3rd year. Not even like a Derek Carr or Kirk Cousins....we get the 7'2 freak of nature once in a generation QB. F U Football Gods. 

I wouldn't want it any other way. 

Come Here Lets Go GIF

I completely understand the undisciplined part and almost suffered a stroke after jfm penalty but we don't know what it's like to be in the heat of the battle and what causes a penalty like that... should Saleh sit him out the rest of the game? What's the answer here?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, frankiepapa said:

I completely understand the undisciplined part and almost suffered a stroke after jfm penalty but we don't know what it's like to be in the heat of the battle and what causes a penalty like that... should Saleh sit him out the rest of the game? What's the answer here?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yes. Bench him. Embarass him. Fine him.

Whatever it takes to send a message to him and the entire roster that undisciplined play will not be tolerated.

You think Belichick lets that go? 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Nah, if we're built right we'll be a perennial wild card team at the very least.  After that it's "any given Sunday".  Sounds like fun times to me.  I've never been a Super Bowl or bust guy.  I just like us being in the post season.