Jets-Pats predictions

Jet Fan RI

On 11/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

Pig

Ripe

Slaughter

Shout out to Green Jets and Ham wherever he is... That statement the pig is ripe for the slaughter is from like 2004

That's how long we've been waiting for the Jets to beat the pats its been like 2 decades of misery 

Hammer and I used to be good friends but literally haven't spoken in a decade. We never had a falling out but I know that we have different beliefs. I hope he's OK 

• Upvote 2

I just love the fact that this game is for first place in the division. We are not getting it because someone else loses--no, we gotta go earn it. Against NE of all teams. If we pull this off it will be the best week yet this season and the team is going to be on fire.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm pretty sure that guy has different beliefs from literally every single other human being on the planet.

One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

HST 

Career stats of the QBs

Mac Jones

Career pct 67.2/  yds 4,941/  TD 26 /INT 20/ Rating 88.4

Zach Wilson

Career pct 56.2/ yds 3,536/ TD 13/ INT 16/  Rating 71.4

Bolded is leader in stats.  Drafted same year.

Tell me again please how our QB isn't a liability in this game?

Mike White

Career pct 66.7/ yds 953 / TD 5 / INT 8/ Rating 75.1

The numbers don't lie.

It is Zach's chance to grab the bull by the horns.

If not, bench his azz.

• Thumb Down 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, doitny said:

i was talking about him vs Bill not in general. of course he had to make progress this year he took baby steps last year. there was nowhere to go but up. Bill owns him, whether its just this year or last year.

want to know what satisfied me? the Buffalo game. 72% comp . no INTs. i will except 62% comp but no lower. i dont think thats a hard thing to do in his 2nd year. right now he is at 57% for the year. that to me is the most important stat. no QB in this ERA is successful throwing in under 62%. there are many who suck throwing above that, but no one is good below that.

at his current pace he will have the worst 2nd year of any QB including Josh Allen in the last decade. did he make progress then? history tells us he would have to be the Unicorn of all Unicorns to be good. but there will always be fans like you who will believe that he is that Unicorn. that 1 guy who was so bad he can overcome it when nobody else could. 

we have seen flashes. 4th qt in Pitt, Buffalo game, a QT here or there. progress is putting a few of those games together. progress is showing that he isnt going to fall for that BS that Bill threw at him just 2 weeks ago. it should be very fresh in his mind and coming off his best pro game its shouldn't be hard.

you want to keep the faith thats fine, but im sick and tired of always having to see another year or 2 even though you know there not going to be good. other teams good QBs show real progress in year 2. but the Jets? our QB has to be the worst rated QB in the league and were like, dont worry he needs a 3rd and 4th year to be good even though only one guy did that (Allen) and Zach is coming in under him at year 2.

8 games left to show real progress. to not be on the bottom of the starting QB list. 

Zachs mistakes had very little to do with Bellichek - he overthrew a short screen pass, didn't get the ball out of bounds and tried to make something happen that wasn't there on another play. The first two were all on Zach and the last one, I guess you could say they dared him to do it, but it wasn't scheme oriented where he didn't see a guy that was there. My point is, they were Zach's mistakes more than anything Bill did.

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think we are going to dominate and run the ball like no one else has this year against them.

24 -  9 jets Victory

Yeah, but.....

I am not saying the Patriots are not susceptible to the run.  They can be.  The Bears went for 243.  Fields loosened the D and dominated.  Lamar had a similar affect when the Ravens ran for 188.  The Packers ran for 199 and team that had no issues as Jones and Dillon had very good games.

Can Carter be effective?  Sure.  If Hall was there, I would be a little more worried.  I do not think the Jets' have the horses to do it.

We will know a lot about the Patriots two weeks from today.  How they handle three games in twelve days will be telling.  Last year, the bye week signaled the end of the Patriots great start.  The team that came back was bad.  Will they learn from last year?  In two weeks, we will know.

The Jets strength is the Patriots biggest weakness.  I think the Jets' pull in the reigns on Zach and play a field position battle against a largely ineffective Patriots' offense.  The Patriots have yet to have a game without a turnover.  If they do not give the Jets extra chances or a shorter field, they pull it out 16-13.  If not, Jets 13 Patriots 9.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:41 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Career stats of the QBs

Mac Jones

Career pct 67.2/  yds 4,941/  TD 26 /INT 20/ Rating 88.4

Zach Wilson

Career pct 56.2/ yds 3,536/ TD 13/ INT 16/  Rating 71.4

Bolded is leader in stats.  Drafted same year.

Tell me again please how our QB isn't a liability in this game?

Mike White

Career pct 66.7/ yds 953 / TD 5 / INT 8/ Rating 75.1

The numbers don't lie.

It is Zach's chance to grab the bull by the horns.

If not, bench his azz.

This might literally be the worst post of the year!

14 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Yeah, but.....

I am not saying the Patriots are not susceptible to the run.  They can be.  The Bears went for 243.  Fields loosened the D and dominated.  Lamar had a similar affect when the Ravens ran for 188.  The Packers ran for 199 and team that had no issues as Jones and Dillon had very good games.

Can Carter be effective?  Sure.  If Hall was there, I would be a little more worried.  I do not think the Jets' have the horses to do it.

We will know a lot about the Patriots two weeks from today.  How they handle three games in twelve days will be telling.  Last year, the bye week signaled the end of the Patriots great start.  The team that came back was bad.  Will they learn from last year?  In two weeks, we will know.

The Jets strength is the Patriots biggest weakness.  I think the Jets' pull in the reigns on Zach and play a field position battle against a largely ineffective Patriots' offense.  The Patriots have yet to have a game without a turnover.  If they do not give the Jets extra chances or a shorter field, they pull it out 16-13.  If not, Jets 13 Patriots 9.

You guys definitely have the HC edge.  Not even a knock on Saleh, who has surprised me to the positive side this year.  But you've had the HC edge for 20+ years.

I'm certain the Pats will do things that will be incredibly frustrating for the Jets.  I had absolutely zero faith the Jets would win in NY.  Strangely I think this game is going to be a lot closer.  I feel like the Jets will pull it out but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Pats get us again.  I have a bad feeling GW will get hurt.  I know BB wants to be very physical with him.  I didn't realize the winds are supposed to be so strong this week.  It'll be interesting to see if the Jets try to let ZW throw through it.  He certainly has the arm strength (unlike Mac).

• Sympathy 1

I have a hard time predicting these things.  The Jets are the better team overall, but Jekyll and Hyde at QB raises questions about how the game will play out.

If Zach plays like he did against the Bills, Jets win by double digits.  If we get a relapse in to chicken head, it's going to be tough.