Jets-Pats predictions

Jet Fan RI

I hope the DLine keeps the insane pressure up.  Pressure mixed with this year’s secondary is crazy good together.

The Jets are above my expectations. BB will have something schemed at Zach’s current weakness.  I can see the struggles continuing or the Buffalo step forward happening again. 

I’d love to have Davis back so they can’t shut Davis and G Wilson down like they normally like to do with WR 1.  That would be a big factor   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

i said this in another thread but Buffalo was arrogant. they refuse to follow Belichicks game plan to beat Zach. well the Pats wont. Bill is old school like that. new coaches dont seem to change things much. and why should they. Zach isnt Brady or Brees. teams should be able to beat him without doing anything special.

its like with us vs the Bengals. Burrow had the worst percentage vs Cover whatever it was. but we hardly played it all game. why? because Saleh believed his defense scheme was good enough he didnt have to change anything. and he might be right. that was the miscommunication game and after that our defense has been great.

big game for Zach

Well, we agree on that last statement. I think Zach learned a lot from the first game with the Pats, He won't make the mistakes he made then the second time around.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

For all of ZW's flaws, we win that game if:

• JFM doesn't commit his penalty
  • the defense doesn't give up multiple 3rd and longs
  • we don't muff the 2nd half KO to give NE great field position
  • we don't miss a FG, changing the landscape of the game

Those aren't excuses for ZW, but rather proof that he doesn't have to "prove" anything -- this team is good enough to cover his deficiencies, but only if they bring their "A" game.

As much as I want to see Zack put his big boy pants on, I'm not sure this is the game we should expect him to do it (and of course I pray he proves me wrong) . . .

Zach has to prove that he doesnt look like a High School QB every time he faces Bill. cause  if he does it again maybe the rest of the league this time will follow his game plan. 

he doesnt have to put on his "big boy pants" on but he better put on some kind of pants. in 2 full games Bill has owned him. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

Zach has to prove that he doesnt look like a High School QB every time he faces Bill. cause  if he does it again maybe the rest of the league this time will follow his game plan. 

he doesnt have to put on his "big boy pants" on but he better put on some kind of pants. in 2 full games Bill has owned him. 

I think, based on Zach's play against the Bills, he has progressed a lot. I don't think he'll get owned by Bill next Sunday. I expect to enjoy the game. And to enjoy the Jets being in 1st place.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, doitny said:

i said this in another thread but Buffalo was arrogant. they refuse to follow Belichicks game plan to beat Zach. well the Pats wont. Bill is old school like that. new coaches dont seem to change things much. and why should they. Zach isnt Brady or Brees. teams should be able to beat him without doing anything special.

its like with us vs the Bengals. Burrow had the worst percentage vs Cover whatever it was. but we hardly played it all game. why? because Saleh believed his defense scheme was good enough he didnt have to change anything. and he might be right. that was the miscommunication game and after that our defense has been great.

big game for Zach

I don’t buy that.  I think we simply outplayed them.  

The Jets were clearly the better Football team than the Patriots in the first meeting.  I expect them to exercise the demon quite convincingly.  I'm not calling for a blow out, they're not that type of team but I think the Jets will take care of business, take a lead into the 4th quarter and do what they do, own the 4th and pull away. 

27-16 Jets 

• Upvote 4