Jets in the 7 spot atm!

LIJetsFan

It might be hard to remember but the 6-4 raiders 2 or 3 years ago missed the playoffs and it was an incredible meltdown according to the media.

6-4 is a good record, and gives the Jets quite a shot at getting into the playoffs. If the offense can get a semblance of an offense this Jets team could be dominant. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Hex said:

It might be hard to remember but the 6-4 raiders 2 or 3 years ago missed the playoffs and it was an incredible meltdown according to the media.

6-4 is a good record, and gives the Jets quite a shot at getting into the playoffs. If the offense can get a semblance of an offense this Jets team could be dominant. 

Well the key is the O cannot make big mistakes with this D and if the don’t the D should keep Jets in every game. Then we need some production towards points by a combination of the O, the STs, and the D(especially the D providing shorter fields for the O which we know will not be gangbusters).

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

We need a bengals loss to the titans on Sunday 

Yep. That would be huge if we can hold serve and beat the teams we are expected to beat. 

Cincy has Ten, KC, TB, Buffalo & Ravens left with a couple of easy games thrown in. Baltimore has a very easy schedule remaining. Looks as if Cincy and Pats our biggest challenger for last WC 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yep. That would be huge if we can hold serve and beat the teams we are expected to beat. 

Cincy has Ten, KC, TB, Buffalo & Ravens left with a couple of easy games thrown in. Baltimore has a very easy schedule remaining. Looks as if Cincy and Pats our biggest challenger for last WC 

Cincy and pats also own the tiebreaker with the jets. We need to end up with more wins than them  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Which 5 were Zach going to beat?

Zach is history now.  

We know ZW was 5-2 as a starter - and we know he was a net negative to the team.

We know Mike White is an upgrade, at worst he's competent - with all other things being equal, including our dominant defense.

How could we see it any other way?  

5-2 down the stretch or something went terribly wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Zach is history now. 

Not according to Coach Saleh.

We know ZW was 5-2 as a starter -

We know the JETS went 5-2 in games played by Zach, yes.

and we know he was a net negative to the team.

He was the lowest producing QB in the NFL with the exception of Pickett.

We know Mike White is an upgrade,

No, we do not as yet.

at worst he's competent - with all other things being equal, including our dominant defense.

We hope. We’ll see on Sunday.

How could we see it any other way?  

Easily, on several front for several reasons. For one, we’re not playing the same teams with the same starters in the same places in the same weather with the same Jets roster as that 5-2. So no, extrapolating that MW must go 5-2 is not a given.

5-2 down the stretch or something went terribly wrong.

Not necessarily.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not according to Coach Saleh.

We know the JETS went 5-2 in games played by Zach, yes.

He was the lowest producing QB in the NFL with the exception of Pickett.

No, we do not as yet.

We hope. We’ll see on Sunday.

Easily, on several front for several reasons. For one, we’re not playing the same teams with the same starters in the same places in the same weather with the same Jets roster as that 5-2. So no, extrapolating that MW must go 5-2 is not a given.

Not necessarily.

Look, I get it.  All the variables aren't the same.  But, as you stated Zach was the worst QB in all of football (except Pickett) 

I'm making an assumption and maybe it's presumptuous but I am going to make it - that Mike White won't be the 2nd worst QB in all of football...and assuming that's true...

The only way I see it is anything less than a 5-2 record would be a disappointment, at least to me it would be. That's all I'm saying.

Now, I'm not suggesting it's a failure of a season if we don't, but my expectation is to at least match the W/L record of the 2nd worst QB in the league.

The Jets should win 11 game this year.  And surely be a threat in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

5-2 down the stretch or something went terribly wrong

Zach went 5-2 but he didnt beat any good team or QBs except for the Bills. Rodgers and GB are not good this year. a rookie 1st half in Pitts, a 3rd string vs Miami. a backup in Denver. and he had Hall for 4 of those wins. he is 1-2 without him.

White should have no problem with Chicago. i dont think the Lions will be so easy and Jax. but even if we win those 3 we have 4 road games against really good teams and QBs. Cousins, Allen, Geno and Tua. its going to be tough.

so i wouldnt say something went terribly wrong if we dont go 5-2. White has to win at least 2 against some really good teams on the road. Zach beat 1 really good team at home.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

Zach went 5-2 but he didnt beat any good team or QBs except for the Bills. Rodgers and GB are not good this year. a rookie 1st half in Pitts, a 3rd string vs Miami. a backup in Denver. and he had Hall for 4 of those wins. he is 1-2 without him.

White should have no problem with Chicago. i dont think the Lions will be so easy and Jax. but even if we win those 3 we have 4 road games against really good teams and QBs. Cousins, Allen, Geno and Tua. its going to be tough.

so i wouldnt say something went terribly wrong if we dont go 5-2. White has to win at least 2 against some really good teams on the road. Zach beat 1 really good team at home.

Zach was the worst QB in football.  I'm tired of the low expectations.  This team should be 5-2 down the stretch with Mike White.  

Jags, Lions and Bears - should easily win those ---- The Jets with the worst QB in football beat Buffalo and Miami.  Sure they're on the road instead of home - but the Mike White upgrade should be (not for sure) but should be enough to push us over that hump.

There was a massive overreaction after the NE game. Not so much to Zach’s play- that criticism was fair. But people were going bugf**k saying we are now doomed to miss the playoffs. 

I said right away that nobody should panic. The jets were in great position, even after the pats loss. The pats were facing the Vikings in Minn. and the Jets have the 3-8 Bears coming to MetLife. Record-wise, one loss/win will allow them to jump in the standings and sit in a playoff spot.  

This was one of the reasons why I thought it was a drastic move to bench Zach. Even with his poor play, he was still 5-2 and that’s what matters. But Saleh did what he did. He had his reasons. Hopefully Mike White does not disappoint. All I want is for him to play turnover free football and give this offense a boost so they can start producing. 

51 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I get it.  All the variables aren't the same.  But, as you stated Zach was the worst QB in all of football (except Pickett) 

I'm making an assumption and maybe it's presumptuous but I am going to make it - that Mike White won't be the 2nd worst QB in all of football...and assuming that's true...

The only way I see it is anything less than a 5-2 record would be a disappointment, at least to me it would be. That's all I'm saying.

Now, I'm not suggesting it's a failure of a season if we don't, but my expectation is to at least match the W/L record of the 2nd worst QB in the league.

The Jets should win 11 game this year.  And surely be a threat in the playoffs.

Boy, no Hall and no AVT sure hurts. We will see.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

There was a massive overreaction after the NE game. Not so much to Zach’s play- that criticism was fair. But people were going bugf**k saying we are now doomed to miss the playoffs. 

I said right away that nobody should panic. The jets were in great position, even after the pats loss. The pats were facing the Vikings in Minn. and the Jets have the 3-8 Bears coming to MetLife. Record-wise, one loss/win will allow them to jump in the standings and sit in a playoff spot.  

This was one of the reasons why I thought it was a drastic move to bench Zach. Even with his poor play, he was still 5-2 and that’s what matters. But Saleh did what he did. He had his reasons. Hopefully Mike White does not disappoint. All I want is for him to play turnover free football and give this offense a boost so they can start producing. 

He was 5-2, but hardly the reason they were 5-2. 

• Upvote 1