Let's Talk Next Jets QB For 2022-23

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You took this phrase from me - lol.

Great minds think alike. LOL

Seriously, the Jets totally screwed this up. This mess goes back before the season by having Flacco, instead of anybody else on the roster. If they had a QB besides MW that they could start against the Lions and Jags this never would have happened. 

JD is his own worst enemy.

• Upvote 1

Derek Carr - I’d take him but don’t want to give up draft picks. Kind of doubt Oakland…LA…LV whatever lets him go
Jared Goff - can’t imagine Detroit cutting bait 
Ryan Tannehill - I think Mike White is just as good for less $
Matt Ryan - burnt toast body and scrambled eggs brains
Sam Darnold - on the cheap sure as long as we’re drafting and developing someone else
Tom Brady - hell yes as long as we’re drafting and developing someone else
Jacoby Brissett - Not the best but would be an upgrade
Aaron Rodgers - Gotta roll the dice for a Lombardi why not? Worth the risk for cost
Andy Dalton - Red Flacco no
Daniel Jones - Going to be overpriced after the year he’s had and I doubt we pay that price
Taylor Heineke - Mike White
Geno Smith - Noway Seattle lets him walk.
Jordan Love - Very intriguing and given his knowledge of the system and is basically a rookie with pro experience I think there’s high upside here
Russell Wilson - scrambled egg brains
Baker Mayfield - on the cheap sure as long as we’re drafting and developing someone else

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Potentially Available QBs:

Derek Carr
Jared Goff
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Ryan
Sam Darnold
Tom Brady
Jacoby Brissett
Aaron Rodgers
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Taylor Heineke
Geno Smith
Jordan Love
Russell Wilson
Baker Mayfield

image.jpeg.8530d56afd28fd19539497d217bb10b9.jpeg

All things being equal, which they aren't, this would be my order of preference from the list you gave.

Derek Carr

Aaron Rodgers

Geno Smith

Tom Brady

Jared Goff

Jacoby Brissett

Daniel Jones

Ryan Tannehill

Jordan Love

Sam Darnold

Baker Mayfield

Taylor Heineke

Andy Dalton

Matt Ryan

Russell Wilson

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t get why the team is giving up now (unless MW’s ribs are totally shattered).

The next 2 games are winnable.

NE could easily lose 2 of their last 3.

Jags are prob going to win their division.  Titans look done.

I hear ya. Let's hope Mike is good to go and let's beat Seattle. 

Left out Bridgewater and Minshew who may actually make more sense if we’re bringing White back with the idea of starting him or at least letting him compete. Definitely cheaper options that are more willing to play second fiddle. 

Dalton feels more like the guy we’d go with. The most uninspiring decent QB ever.

• Upvote 2

I could see Rodgers for 1 or 2 years......but in typical Jets fashion I could see him breaking his collar bone again or falling off that "cliff" that Peyton fell off in 2014 and Brady this year.......I do have a weird feeling that we may wind up with Lamar......its clear that Baltimore is very hesitant to include him in their long-term plans

Rodgers would be my choice but I don't see how it works money wise...GB would be eating a ton of dead money to move him....

If Lamar gets franchised, refuses to play on it, and holds out until he gets traded, that would be the only scenario in which he's available....but MLF would have to be a goner and you'd have to hire an OC to build an offense for him. He's not the QB for a rigid WCO.....Also, are you willing to give a Cousins/Watson type of deal to a guy who can start to get hurt often with his playstyle? 

Carr is the last of the "premium" options....not the same guy after injuries, but good enough to hold the fort down for a couple years

People won't want to hear this....but I could see Woody snooping around TB12's camp to see if he wants to get revenge on BB for a year or two....

No to Garropolo.....when was the last time he played 16 games? 

Realistically you're looking at a Minshew or Brissett signing....the question becomes will they move Zach for pennies on the dollar and do they draft someone in the middle rounds to develop for a year or two?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not sure the Jets will have enough to pay Zach, Mike White, and an outside FA QB but Gardner Minshew should be on this list IMO.

Screenshot_20221219_162520_Chrome.jpg

If given the choice of outside FA and MW.....I think the Jets will go with the outside option. They aren't paying two QBs....and with the way the season is ending...the braintrust is gonna move with a sense of urgency to upgrade the position...starting with Woody.....ppl won't want to hear that but hey ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1