Where Does Wilson Rank

bd71

So I’m not old enough to have seen the Jets Super Bowl win, but I’ve been a Jets fan since I started watching football in 1978.  For fun, I would like to see where Zack Wilson ranks since I became a Jets fan in 1978. Here’s the list (listing them by the most QB starts during that season):

1978: Matt Robinson

1979-1983:  Richard Todd

1984: Pat Ryan

1985-1991:  Ken O’Brien

1992: Browning Nagle

1993-1995 - Boomer Esiason

1996: Frank Reich

1997: Neil O’Donnell

1998: Vinny Testaverde

1999: Ray Lucas

2000-2001: Vinny Testaverde

2002-2004: Chad Pennington

2005: Brooks Bollinger

2006-2007: Chad Pennington

2008: Brett Farve

2009-2012: Mark Sanchez

2013-2014: Geno Smith

2015-2016: Ryan Fitzpatrick 

2017: Josh McCown

2018- 2020: Sam Darnold

2021-2022: Zack Wilson

Obviously a long list, but who, if any, do you think we’re actually worse than Wilson since 1978.

• Upvote 1

Zach is unequivocally the worst player on this list.  But he is not the worst at damaging the franchise, Mark Sanchez is.  

Guys like Zach, and his compadres Rosen and Russell and Leaf, all flame quickly so you can vomit, move on, regroup and chart a new path.  They only embarrass you for one or two years. 

Guys like Sanchez suck for a decade.  Zach won't be allowed to do that amount of damage.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bd71 said:

So I’m not old enough to have seen the Jets Super Bowl win, but I’ve been a Jets fan since I started watching football in 1978.  For fun, I would like to see where Zack Wilson ranks since I became a Jets fan in 1978. Here’s the list (listing them by the most QB starts during that season):

1978: Matt Robinson

1979-1983:  Richard Todd

1984: Pat Ryan

1985-1991:  Ken O’Brien

1992: Browning Nagle

1993-1995 - Boomer Esiason

1996: Frank Reich

1997: Neil O’Donnell

1998: Vinny Testaverde

1999: Ray Lucas

2000-2001: Vinny Testaverde

2002-2004: Chad Pennington

2005: Brooks Bollinger

2006-2007: Chad Pennington

2008: Brett Farve

2009-2012: Mark Sanchez

2013-2014: Geno Smith

2015-2016: Ryan Fitzpatrick 

2017: Josh McCown

2018- 2020: Sam Darnold

2021-2022: Zack Wilson

Obviously a long list, but who, if any, do you think we’re actually worse than Wilson since 1978.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Top 3 Jets bust of all time. Gholson, Dee Milliner and Zach.

Thank you Joe Douglas for drafting Ryan Leaf.

As I look around to make sure Joe D isn't coming at me.

as long as your not waiting outside his job for him to go home i think you will be ok.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Top 3 Jets bust of all time. Gholson, Dee Milliner and Zach.

Thank you Joe Douglas for drafting Ryan Leaf.

As I look around to make sure Joe D isn't coming at me.

Gholson

Thomas

Zach

Miller was a dumb pick because of his injury history, he had a bunch of surgeries so I don’t list him as a bust but I’d list him as the dumbest top pick the Jets ever made. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He’s possibly the worse top 5 QB ever taken by any team in the history of professional football. Not just the NFL all of professional football. 

Considering he’s stats are on par with Jamarcus Russel after the same  amount of games played Id call that fair. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/23/2022 at 11:02 PM, dcJet said:

Zach is unequivocally the worst player on this list.  But he is not the worst at damaging the franchise, Mark Sanchez is.  

Guys like Zach, and his compadres Rosen and Russell and Leaf, all flame quickly so you can vomit, move on, regroup and chart a new path.  They only embarrass you for one or two years. 

Guys like Sanchez suck for a decade.  Zach won't be allowed to do that amount of damage.  

I think this is a bad take.  Mark Sanchez played well enough to ride along to two afc championship appearances.  Zach Wilson screwed up enough for the Jets to put them out of a playoff birth.  

4 years for Sanchez and two years for Wilson.  Doesn’t even seem comparable given the results.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I think this is a bad take.  Mark Sanchez played well enough to ride along to two afc championship appearances.  Zach Wilson screwed up enough for the Jets to put them out of a playoff birth.  

4 years for Sanchez and two years for Wilson.  Doesn’t even seem comparable given the results.  

That team was loaded with top veteran talent, this team with a lot of young talent that should be one hell of a roster with exp.

More importantly that team was the leagues top defense all year, had the NFLs best OL, the leagues number 1 running anttack and had the leagues top rusher.  

10 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Sanchez was a better pro than Wilson and it’s not even close

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1