Rapoport: Douglas does not intend to trade ZW

2 minutes ago, slats said:

As soon as a player is actively being shopped, their value starts to decline. He’s not going to put himself in that position. Any uncertainty benefits the Jets. Let teams make the call to him and make an offer. That’s a much stronger negotiating stance. 

Ah, the old “let’s hold out for two bags of balls instead of one” strategy.
It’s a bold move, let’s hope it works out!

• Upvote 1

All this means is he won't actively look to trade him but is listening and won't trade him unless someone offers a good deal.

He said the same thing about Darnold, Jamal, Mims, and Moore. 2 of the 4 got traded.

The question is what is JD's trade value of Zach? I'm guessing a 2nd or 3rd.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

He’s not getting traded until post June 1st so the Jets are going to have to execute their off-season plan & draft with him in the fold. 

This does seem like an indictment on Saleh and his merry crew. 

He’s due a roster bonus of $2.9M at some point over the offseason. If they’re going to trade him, I’d expect it to happen before that comes due. They can manipulate the cap in ways other than the June 1 designation if the hit is too big. 

I think it was during Clemson Tennessee bowl game commentator mentioned one of the QBs forget which one had one of strongest arms in NCAAF this year but weak in short game inaccurate on short to medium passes and it’s hard to figure why. That’s the key prob with Zach so far and reason he’s unable to run a sustainable offense. When Zach did return from injury give him some credit for adjusting and running the offense OK when running game esp with Breece was working. 

8 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s due a roster bonus of $2.9M at some point over the offseason. If they’re going to trade him, I’d expect it to happen before that comes due. They can manipulate the cap in ways other than the June 1 designation if the hit is too big. 

Who’s our go to guy for this stuff, @Sperm Edwards or @Sarge4Tide? Time to fire up the Bat signal.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think it was during Clemson Tennessee bowl game commentator mentioned one of the QBs forget which one had one of strongest arms in NCAAF this year but weak in short game inaccurate on short to medium passes and it’s hard to figure why. That’s the key prob with Zach so far and reason he’s unable to run a sustainable offense. When Zach did return from injury give him some credit for adjusting and running the offense OK when running game esp with Breece was working. 

Nah, I’m gonna pass on that.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nothing in this piece says he will be here or JD has said he will be here.  
That said I think he will be here.  There’s no reason to rush out and trade hi for little in return.  

Addition by subtraction. Crap Twerpson’s buddies are going to be annoying and disruptive AF in the media.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Nah, I’m gonna pass on that.

QB play in NFL this season was not good a lot of starters esp Zach bad years. As for his teammates hating him maybe frustrated with his bad play esp inaccuracy but many stories and pics of him hanging out with teammates pics of them going out together like to Rangers games. Also Jets players a lot of respect for Mike White doesn’t mean they are haters of Zach. They just think MW deserves the chance and gives team best chance to win. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nothing in this piece says he will be here or JD has said he will be here.  
That said I think he will be here.  There’s no reason to rush out and trade hi for little in return.  

Dumping something with negative value (Zach Wilson actually has negative EPA per play) for something with marginal positive value is a win.

I’d give him away just to get his salary off the books.

Wait much longer and you risk finding no takers.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Dumping something with negative value (Zach Wilson actually has negative EPA per play) for something with marginal positive value is a win.

I’d give him away just to get his salary off the books.

Wait much longer and you risk finding no takers.

No, not if he develops into even a backup QB, then he’s worth a lot more than what most believe he’ll bring back in a deal.  

imagine he does trade him quick to another team and something clicks in kid and makes pro bowl

not saying this would happen not even 1% chance it will

but IF it did would they fire everyone immediately? and maybe on that remote chance it could do you just stick him 3rd stringer for next year just in case?

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Don’t see moving him or don’t see Simms, Young et al whining incessantly on his behalf if he’s not moved and instead buried in the depth chart?

Who cares, what does Simms or Young do for the team?  Why would either of them whine about the Jets not trading ZW and which deals are the Jets turning down?  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, not if he develops into even a backup QB, then he’s worth a lot more than what most believe he’ll bring back in a deal.  

Please nut, I like you. Don’t make this the drum you want to beat this offseason.

We’ll chip in and get your niece plane tickets from wherever he ends up back to Fla/NJ so she doesn’t miss any holidays. I promise.

12 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

imagine he does trade him quick to another team and something clicks in kid and makes pro bowl

He is currently a healthy scratch during a playoff run, for the second time. They don’t even want him holding for extra points. I think they feel pretty good about his potential to make the Pro Bowl.

14 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

not saying this would happen not even 1% chance it will

but IF it did would they fire everyone immediately? and maybe on that remote chance it could do you just stick him 3rd stringer for next year just in case?

Laughing Hysterically Betty Boop GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

The way I read it Zach has so far gotten under half of his due money his signing bonus broken into 4 equal parts he gets a big roster bonus of over 4 due before training camp in 2024. But not big money for a QB not sure how much is fully guaranteed. But Jets have invested time and money in Zach and given him 22 starts. You’d hate to see him use all that with another team and become a good Qb. And that’s what happens sometimes a QB learns their craft with trial and a lot of error. The money again isn’t big imo worth keeping him maybe next season go to training camp with Zach and White give job to player who does the best job. Also no reason you can’t use both of them with two more QBs to compete for number 3 job to cover injuries. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/zach-wilson-72381/#:~:text=Zach Wilson signed a 4,average annual salary of %248%2C787%2C670.