Carr granted permission to talk to teams

Rhg1084

Just now, MysticalJet2 said:

What the Jets do here tells us everything about their commitment to Zach.  You don’t bring Carr in if you believe Zach is the long term answer, which is why I think they go all in with Rogers.

I think they’re operating as if Zach isn’t even a part of the team right now. They gotta do everything they can to just win and not make decisions based around Zach

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

What the Jets do here tells us everything about their commitment to Zach.  You don’t bring Carr in if you believe Zach is the long term answer, which is why I think they go all in with Rogers.

If Zach ever amounts to anything you can trade one of them, nice problem to have. 

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The big stand off has been the Raiders wanting Carr to issue a list of teams so that they can agree on comp before letting him speak with them. Carr was initially reluctant so at the very least he must’ve relented. 

There are a lot of reasons why Carr would welcome a trade. For one, is it worth it for him to wait and see if the Raiders are bluffing about the deadline? They can always hold him past it and then try to trade him… it’s not like they wouldn’t find another partner, only difference being Carr may have less control where he goes. Also, he wants to keep the terms of his current deal (no trade/franchise) and any team acquiring him is locked in with him for at least 2 years. It’s a happy medium between betting on himself and being able to get another contract in 2-3 years while having a very good and secure contract situation. 

• Upvote 2

If I were Carr, I would just send the Raiders' calls to voicemail.

Why help them and in the process, damage the competitive firepower of your new team (by depleting their draft capital)?

It makes absolutely no sense for Carr show the Raiders any deference whatsoever.

Force them to cut him so he can be free to negotiate with teams on the open market.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I kinda want him the most. Long term answer, perfect age window, chip in his shoulder…

Because he has shown what a winner he is and how great he will be in anything other than an indoor 72 degree environment. Rodgers is the one and only trade we should be trying for. If we want to win, that is. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I kinda want him the most. Long term answer, perfect age window, chip in his shoulder…

Yes. If we go big, better for Carr than Rogers. Anything less than getting to an SB with Rogers and his very short era is a fail, even leaving aside thorny issues of  cap hit draft pick  compensation and early retirement. We can continue to build with Carr over an extended period of time. As to that last, I hate to play the age card again, but I'm 73 and still patient. Of course Woody at 80, who has am even greater right to be impatient, may prefer Rogers and thwart my preference.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

Pretty clear he does. Rodgers needs to be the answer here. Carr is a pending disaster. 

But how does Rodgers play in 62 degree weather on Mondays , I heard he's  0-2 . Quick start the meme AR can't play in moderate weather.  A seven game sample is flat out ridiculous . 

• Upvote 2