Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Saleh can keep the defense in the top ten and Rodgers and his buddies can produce 24-27 ppg, the Jets become automatic Super bowl contenders

Rodger’s and his buddies could barely muster 21 ppg last year with a better o-line..

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, football guy said:

Two things: 

1. Hackett, Downing, and Carter all love TEs, are experienced coaching TEs, and prefer to rotate 4 TEs. Definitely could see them signing Lewis to be a sub-package primary blocking TE without moving on from Ruckert. I can also see a scenario where Ruckert were included in a trade for Rodgers, which inevitably would lead to Lewis being his replacement. 
  2. The Odell Beckham/Adam Thielen smoke is not going away, which means we should begin looking out for an Elijah Moore trade

This is the dumbest ******* franchise in sports

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

You don’t know anything either. All we can do is guess. My guess is Rodgers is trolling Woody just as much as he’s trolling Schefter.

of course I don't know 

my guess is you love to hate the Jets so much you that you always look at everything they do is bad and once they declare Rodgers is coming you will fond more reasons to hate on everything they do 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Saleh can keep the defense in the top ten and Rodgers and his buddies can produce 24-27 ppg, the Jets become automatic Super bowl contenders

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  These whiners would apparently we rather have wallowed in mediocrity by signing Carr and elevating Irv Charles. 

Its insanity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So it's not just one guy...it's "I want all the guys I failed to win a championship with before" line in the sand?  

This is the first moment where I'm having serious doubts.  Would love to know if this was all known beforehand or if he's moving the cheese.

If this is true - which we have no idea.

A list is just that.  They can talk to all of them.  They won't sign all of them.

Your new hall of fame QB joins the team and gives you a handful of names of guys he likes and likes playing with - you know you do - you go out and have a conversation with all of them.  Then figure out what fits best into your team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

of course I don't know 

my guess is you love to hate the Jets so much you that you always look at everything they do is bad and once they declare Rodgers is coming you will fond more reasons to hate on everything they do 

Lol. I didn’t create this circus.

9 minutes ago, heymangold said:

So the depth chart will be Wilson, Lazard, OBJ, Moore, Cobb?  Who plays specials?

TEs are CJ, Conklin, Ruckert, Lewis

RBs are Hall, Carter, Jamaal Williams?

Bam isn't going anywhere and will be an upgrade from what Berrios provided on returns last year. Mims also more likely to be around that Moore and he would play specials. Then you're talking about 6th WR types, it's not the hardest thing to fill. We'd be fine.

Just now, IndianaJet said:

I wonder if all these demands were in place before Carr signed with the Saints - or if Rodgers decided that he really had Douglas by the balls, once that happened.

Douglas has been delivering orchids to various undisclosed locations in nyc for weeks now