Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

What kind of bothers me is how many people object to Rodgers because of supposed personality traits. Honestly I’ve  never listened to him or followed him in Green Bay. But I hear all of things about how arrogant he is and all. Frankly I think I’d want my qb to e arrogant. He needs to be tough and think he can make all of those throws. As for all of the stories about his dark room or magic mushrooms, so what.  Back in the old days players would be on the field flat out drunk. Namath used to play hung over. Max McGee had his Super Bowl game hung over because he was second or third string and didn’t think he was going to play.  And think sauce isn’t arrogant? All the top players are because they have to beat the guys they’re lined up against every game.

Obviously some players come off as nice guys but that doesn’t mean they’re not burning inside with some fire. It’s the nature of the game.

I don’t care about his aloof personality… unless it affects his buy in once here. That’s the resistance, I believe.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

If it’s arrogant to want to be considered great at what you do for a living, then color me guilty.

Aaron is in a unique position that he can literally see, and to an extent control, where he places among his peers in the categories measured for his job.

In my field I can compare my sales to others, but that’s about it. 

AR needs another SB appearance to join the ranks of the greats. Bart Starr has 2 rings, and Brett Favre has 2 appearances.

At the very least, I think he needs to get to the dance one more time, preferably two…ideally finishing with 3 rings. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

What kind of bothers me is how many people object to Rodgers because of supposed personality traits. Honestly I’ve  never listened to him or followed him in Green Bay. But I hear all of things about how arrogant he is and all. Frankly I think I’d want my qb to e arrogant. He needs to be tough and think he can make all of those throws. As for all of the stories about his dark room or magic mushrooms, so what.  Back in the old days players would be on the field flat out drunk. Namath used to play hung over. Max McGee had his Super Bowl game hung over because he was second or third string and didn’t think he was going to play.  And think sauce isn’t arrogant? All the top players are because they have to beat the guys they’re lined up against every game.

Obviously some players come off as nice guys but that doesn’t mean they’re not burning inside with some fire. It’s the nature of the game.

Amen.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Which is pretty much what he said: he’s limited his circle to “loved ones”. Good for him. 

and not admitting to being in TriBeCa,  what an odd thing to choose to lie about.  It he seemed genuinely not to get the Williamsburg comment. 

He’s coming. He’s a jet. RELAX 

THE most interesting thing left to discuss is where he’ll choose to live. We need a pool 

I would think jersey and prob close to the facility.

Most likely a rental as most players do around here

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Branch Covidians despise him because he didn’t run off the cliff with  them.

I am concerned the refs will job him in the playoffs, but let’s crash off that bridge when we get to it.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Arrogance?  

Have you considered that maybe he enjoys playing the game???

Yes, arrogant! It's clear he loves football and playing the game. If love of the game was the sole factor he would be signed to a team already. You're watching an arrogant production at the moment. 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, RJIII said:

Yes, arrogant! It's clear he loves football and playing the game. If love of the game was the sole factor he would be signed to a team already. You're watching an arrogant production at the moment. 

That take may not be wrong but probably is.   Football to a guy like him is life.   He's likely well aware the Jets want him all in for two years.   It's a tough commitment, when pushing 40, to decide to go out and get steamrolled by 300 plus pound mac trucks every week.   Rodgers is tough as nails but those hits take a toll.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I think the delay is he simply wants to enjoy all the things he has planned for this off-season before he shifts focus to football and his new team.

He is trying to be "present" in his activities and could care less about what the media or fans want.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Great point 

6 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I think the delay is he simply wants to enjoy all the things he has planned for this off-season before he shifts focus to football and his new team.

He is trying to be "present" in his activities and could care less about what the media or fans want.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Personally he earned it. I’d rather have him  do that  and be ready to go once he commits. Nice post, 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RJIII said:

PS:

Well you could always go back to the nice guy you had last year....

Someone posted on that most reliable of news sources, facebook, that the trade won’t happen until after the 17th, because Rodgers’ $59M salary/bonus can’t be exercised until then. For accounting purposes, if it happened earlier, the Jets would have to clear that entire amount before converting it to bonus money and spreading it out. I’m not sure that’s true, but here’s an article about his contract that discusses that particular date: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/aaron-rodgers-contract-details-salary-cap-impact-bonuses/

So maybe it can’t happen until after 3/17, or maybe not, lol. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Joe like everyone else you are hit and miss but I think I this one you are going to take the loss.

this prediction is like my cbb picks the past few days - just ask @Dcat

i do think he is a jet

Yesterday was my best CBB day ever.  +11.4 units.  On a roll.  Today's card is small and tight.  Beware.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I had a new theory.  Maybe it’s the jets that are keeping this under wraps.  What if rodgers told the jets yes, and the jets are content to restructure contracts, etc., while keeping the whole league in the dark. They’re able to get all their FA targets ready without the nfl knowing if they have rodgers or not.  It’s to the jets’ advantage NOT to announce this until the latest possible time 

Thank you Augustiniak, thank you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Someone posted on that most reliable of news sources, facebook, that the trade won’t happen until after the 17th, because Rodgers’ $59M salary/bonus can’t be exercised until then. For accounting purposes, if it happened earlier, the Jets would have to clear that entire amount before converting it to bonus money and spreading it out. I’m not sure that’s true, but here’s an article about his contract that discusses that particular date: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/aaron-rodgers-contract-details-salary-cap-impact-bonuses/

So maybe it can’t happen until after 3/17, or maybe not, lol. 

Either way, the terms should be announced by tomorrow 

• Upvote 1