Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

If you are the Jets Brass, how long to you A) Wait for Rodgers if he is the one holding things up, and/or B ) when do you give the deadline to the Packers if they are?

With Free Agency effectively starting tomorrow, things will move rather quickly.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:22 PM, TommyT said:

I can only hope you are a seasoned troll and not as delusional as you seem. God speed.

Guess you missed the “Zach blew his ACL out and is done for the season”nonsense that he saw on his TV

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

If you are the Jets Brass, how long to you A) Wait for Rodgers if he is the one holding things up, and/or B ) when do you give the deadline to the Packers if they are?

With Free Agency effectively starting tomorrow, things will move rather quickly.

Good question. I’m guessing the jets want their answer this week so they know how to play free agency. I’m also thinking they need to have some conversations with garapollo so that he delays his signing a bit.  But then who knows if garapollo hasn’t been the target all along? Wouldn’t that be interesting?

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

I think it depends on who they want to target at QB. If Lamar is not being looked at then I'm not sure the difference between Jimmy G and the next level of QB is that different.

In a sense, it may just be worth sitting and waiting. I think this ends tomorrow though

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good question. I’m guessing the jets want their answer this week so they know how to play free agency. I’m also thinking they need to have some conversations with garapollo so that he delays his signing a bit.  But then who knows if garapollo hasn’t been the target all along? Wouldn’t that be interesting?

I think there is a good chance Jimmy G doesn't want to play for another Shanahan coach after they tried to oust him for the last 2.5 years.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ppls17 said:

I never would have guessed it would take this long. His interview and reports have been very optimistic at least. Good luck to everyone in the constant refresh state like me. I know sleep and work is needed :)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As Andrew Brandt ex Packers VP of Player Finance and General Counsel likes to say, “Deadlines spur action”

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think it depends on who they want to target at QB. If Lamar is not being looked at then I'm not sure the difference between Jimmy G and the next level of QB is that different.

In a sense, it may just be worth sitting and waiting. I think this ends tomorrow though

https://thejetpress.com/posts/kirk-cousins-fallback-option-ny-jets

• Sympathy 1

A Packer fan recently said:

I would hold the offer open until the start of the new league year otherwise the guy will just screw up your off season and not sign anyway. He's smart enough to know that your decisions change based on his decision. Any non yes by Wednesday should be considered a no. Don't be a pathetic simp friend zone boy trying to nail the prom queen. This guy will get off on your desperation and not see anything but what's in it for him. This guy will never be a New York Jet. He's never been a Green Bay Packer. He's on team Rodgers now and forever. That doesn't mean you can't win a championship with him but it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I wonder how the insult “asshat” came to be? It’s a fine zinger that makes no sense, but it works

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/asshat/

The phrase “wearing your ass as a hat,” a possible source of asshat, appears in some notable films and television shows. In Clint Eastwood’s 1976 film The Outlaw Josey Wales, a character orders another to “get back in line before I kick you so hard you’ll be wearin’ your ass for a hat.” Later, in the 1991 movie City Slickers, one character says the line “I like your ass. Can I wear it as a hat?” Wearing an ass as a hat is also used as a joke in an episode of the sitcom That ‘70s Show from 2000: “RED: Eric, if you don’t want to wear your ass for a hat, you’ll get up here, pronto! DONNA: You better go. You know how that ass-hat screws up your hair.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Axel Foley said:

I would hold the offer open until the start of the new league year otherwise the guy will just screw up your off season and not sign anyway. He's smart enough to know that your decisions change based on his decision. Any non yes by Wednesday should be considered a no. Don't be a pathetic simp friend zone boy trying to nail the prom queen. This guy will get off on your desperation and not see anything but what's in it for him. This guy will never be a New York Jet. He's never been a Green Bay Packer. He's on team Rodgers now and forever. That doesn't mean you can't win a championship with him but it is what it is.

Sounds like a guy I'd want on our team...

34 minutes ago, Axel Foley said:

Mad poetic 

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/asshat/

The phrase “wearing your ass as a hat,” a possible source of asshat, appears in some notable films and television shows. In Clint Eastwood’s 1976 film The Outlaw Josey Wales, a character orders another to “get back in line before I kick you so hard you’ll be wearin’ your ass for a hat.” Later, in the 1991 movie City Slickers, one character says the line “I like your ass. Can I wear it as a hat?” Wearing an ass as a hat is also used as a joke in an episode of the sitcom That ‘70s Show from 2000: “RED: Eric, if you don’t want to wear your ass for a hat, you’ll get up here, pronto! DONNA: You better go. You know how that ass-hat screws up your hair.”

That 70’s Show loved the ass hat reference, that definitely wasn’t the only episode.

50 minutes ago, Axel Foley said:

while i doubt they give him an deadline - i would start moving on tomorrow morning.

if he's not sure yet, then just pass.  let him play for the packers as a back up.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1